Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Carson Palmer - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Carson Palmer (/Thread-Carson-Palmer--31046)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Carson Palmer - casear2727 - 02-11-2022

Wow. If this is the video people are discussing then they are not being honest, in my humble opinion.

Carson is telling nothing but the truth, he does discuss Burrow's contract and if the team will spend the money on FA again this offseason, but no where near the context as has been mentioned in this thread. He says Joe wants to win multiple super bowls and he hopes ownership will do what they can to make that happen.

If there is another video please provide it, but this one mentions everything stated above, but not anywhere close to how it was presented by some posters. See what you think:

https://youtu.be/hoeALdTHUNg?t=247

RE: Carson Palmer - Shake n Blake - 02-11-2022

(02-11-2022, 02:43 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Wow. If this is the video people are discussing then they are not being honest, in my humble opinion.

Carson is telling nothing but the truth, he does discuss Burrow's contract and if the team will spend the money on FA again this offseason, but no where near the context as has been mentioned in this thread. He says Joe wants to win multiple super bowls and he hopes ownership will do what they can to make that happen.

If there is another video please provide it, but this one mentions everything stated above, but not anywhere close to how it was presented by some posters. See what you think:

https://youtu.be/hoeALdTHUNg?t=247

What are people being dishonest about?

- once again he's talking like the Rams are star-studded and the Bengals are pretty devoid of talent. "The Rams are littered with stars, and the Bengals just aren't". "David vs Goliath". The Rams sign players, the Bengals haven't. Really? Do you agree with this take?

- He once again applies his own experience and uses it to project a worst case scenario where the Bengals stay at least $20 million under the cap and don't use resources to fix the line. With it being our only problem, and with Chase on the team, do you think this happens?

If your answer to the above questions is "no" (it should be), then ask yourself why he's saying these things...and why he's doing at the Super Bowl in multiple interviews. It isn't out of concern for the Bengals or Joe Burrow. He has a vendetta. Otherwise, he'd be fair in his critiques.

When you ignore $200 million in free agents signings in a 2 year span, you're not being fair.

RE: Carson Palmer - BengalB - 02-11-2022

(02-11-2022, 03:34 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: What are people being dishonest about?

- once again he's talking like the Rams are star-studded and the Bengals are pretty devoid of talent. "The Rams are littered with stars, and the Bengals just aren't". "David vs Goliath". The Rams sign players, the Bengals haven't. Really? Do you agree with this take?

- He once again applies his own experience and uses it to project a worst case scenario where the Bengals stay at least $20 million under the cap and don't use resources to fix the line. With it being our only problem, and with Chase on the team, do you think this happens?

If your answer to the above questions is "no" (it should be), then ask yourself why he's saying these things...and why he's doing at the Super Bowl in multiple interviews. It isn't out of concern for the Bengals or Joe Burrow. He has a vendetta. Otherwise, he'd be fair in his critiques.

When you ignore $200 million in free agents signings in a 2 year span, you're not being fair.

This. I find it really weird they are giving him so much airtime. 

If you know the history then you know. If you don't, then you'd think CP lost his job to Joe Burrow. 

He quit in what? 2010? For the love of all things Holy...it has been TWELVE YEARS bro, go to therapy. Seems like he needs it, if I'm being honest.

I think he is running his pie hole at anyone who will listen for two reasons. One, he is HELLA jealous of Joe because, deep down, CP knows that Joe has the intangible "it" spark, the thing that makes his team, his coaches and his city believe in him and want to follow him. CP never had that. He always came off as a California snob. 

And two? I think he believes he is somehow getting into Joe's head bringing up BS from OVER A DECADE ago. Lol. Joe is unflappable, nothing CP is saying matters because I'd bet $500 Joe hasn't seen one bit of this nonsense.

They need to stop paying him any attention. 

In fact, I really think it is a good possibility that he's creeping around JN, lurking like a lunk, well CP? This is just for you: We get it, Carson, you blame the Bengals and the Brown Family for every bad thing that has happened to you in your NFL career because you were perfect, you won the Heisman and drafted number 1. Then the Browns and the Bengals set out to ruin your life, and your lawn. 

Whatever it takes to sleep at night dude. But Jesus, just stfu already. You're super petty and you look more than a little obsessive. Go talk about the Raiders or Arizona. Not the team you quit on in 2010. Sheesh.

RE: Carson Palmer - BengalB - 02-11-2022

(02-10-2022, 09:42 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Everyone of your posts seem to be personal attacks on me. You sure you want to continue this?  

That you Carson?? I mean "Cesar?"

Lol...Good grief. 

RE: Carson Palmer - BengalYankee - 02-11-2022

(02-10-2022, 09:18 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: In this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoeALdTHUNg Carson the quitter is basically saying Joe should leave if they don't go out and continue to improve the team on the 8 minute mark.

Stop lying. Carson is saying whether the Bengals will continue to build their team. Carson is saying whether the Front Office is content with just getting to the Super Bowl and sit on their laurels.  

(02-10-2022, 11:45 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Seemed to me like that was all hypothetical conjecture whereas you’re presenting it as if he made definitive statements.

You beat me to the punch.

Carson was asking questions and NOT making Declarative statements!!

(02-10-2022, 09:27 PM)sandwedge Wrote: So now we are predicting the future?

Learn how to read. I made no predictions with my post. 

(02-10-2022, 09:51 PM)Tony Wrote: Just saw Carson on Brother from another. He's saying Joe will leave when his contract is up because theybwill be happy whether they win this super bowl and not build around him. Says they will only spend 20 out of 60 mill and won't update the facilities or get him an Oline...

You never saw the video because he never said these things. 

Carson said Joe will have leverage when his contract is up and that Joe will want to have continued success be in the Super Bowl at least 7 times. 
Why are you not mentioning that?  

Carson says Joe will ask will the FO only spend 20 out of 60 million dollars and sit on 40 million dollars? Isn't that what Carson says!!
He never states they will only spend 20 out of 60 million dollars, that is all you. He never states they won't update the facilities, that is all you.
He never states they won't update their Oline that is all you.

Carson also asks what happens after the Super Bowl. Will the Bengals be like the Rams and go out and get players via Free Agency and Trades.
The Bengals did spend some money last year on Free agency and once upon a time they did do a Trade (see Carson Palmer to Raiders).

The Bengals got hurt in Free agency in 2010 with the signing of Antonio Bryant. 

But just like I am reading from fans on this thread you move on from your mistakes. 

RE: Carson Palmer - Bengalitis - 02-11-2022

The hate on Carson is real.

RE: Carson Palmer - sandwedge - 02-11-2022

(02-10-2022, 09:42 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Everyone of your posts seem to be personal attacks on me. You sure you want to continue this?  

If that's what you call personal attacks, lord help you....

RE: Carson Palmer - sandwedge - 02-11-2022

(02-11-2022, 05:48 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Learn how to read. I made no predictions with my post. 

I read quite well. The first paragraph, you said after 2022 we won't be back to the SB.......

RE: Carson Palmer - Big_Ern - 02-11-2022

(02-11-2022, 05:32 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Stop lying. Carson is saying whether the Bengals will continue to build their team. Carson is saying whether the Front Office is content with just getting to the Super Bowl and sit on their laurels.  

He is definitely saying joe will start considering leaving depending on what the Bengals do this off-season. I posted the video for a reason 

RE: Carson Palmer - Big Boss - 02-11-2022

The thing that these star QBs need to remember though is that when they get these obscenely large contracts, it does handicap the organization from bringing in other free agents. There's only so much money to go around.

The Chiefs are going to feel it at some point here soon.

RE: Carson Palmer - Nicomo Cosca - 02-11-2022

(02-11-2022, 10:12 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: He is definitely saying joe will start considering leaving depending on what the Bengals do this off-season. I posted the video for a reason 

I’d say the team is off to a great start in the keeping Joe happy department. They kept his HC when most other teams would have fired him after year 2. They brought in his favorite WR from college despite knowing they’d get absolutely killed for making that pick. And most importantly of all; they’re winning - and he sees he can go to Super Bowls here.

We also know for damn sure they’re going to pay him, too. Add in that he’s near his parents…

Well I think even suggesting he doesn’t re-sign here is pretty silly.

(02-11-2022, 03:34 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: What are people being dishonest about?

I do disagree in a couple areas.

- EVERYONE states that the Rams are littered with stars... because they are.   He has stated over and over how special Joe and Chase are, other than those 2 we dont have any true NFL stars.  We know how special our guys are but even DJ Reader gets no media love.  I think your fandom is clouding this point.  Besides the David and Goliath reference isnt always negative, many many people see us this position.  Keep in mind how much more knowledgeable you are than outsiders.

- There is no way in the world we can blame someone for voicing concerns due to their past experiences. He has much more validated knowledge of how things were, which obviously shapes his opinion. But you are wrong in stating that he "Projected" a worst case scenario. He simply asked the question "Will the Bengals be satisfied with going to this Super Bowl or will they continue to strive for more success" as to spending freely and smartly (which he said), utilizing an example of being satisfied.

I do think/hope they will continue to build the team like they have, but as a fan since the late 70's I would not be shocked if they retreated in some way.  I dont think Carson was out of line whatsoever and in fact he is applying a little pressure to the FO in asking these questions  and NOT projecting what they will do.  I truly hope Joe does put pressure on ownership to continue to want to win as much as he does, in fact there was an article regarding just this topic not long ago.  Carson said he wished he would have handle it better when he asked for that commitment but was lied to, which seems about right since things have changed only recently with Katie.

I dont think he ignored our FA's but I think you believe you over value their stardom more than everyone else outside of us.  I think our fanbase is unaware of the players agreement that demanded a new salary floor on ownership forcing cheap owners to spend on players.  I think that had a lot to do with our FA which may have been a positive for Katie and her team to push MB, we also did a damn good job of getting the right players.

I dont see a vendetta whatsoever, he continuously states in this interview, and others, how much the FANS deserve the success.  These are very fair questions and I see them as a positive for our fanbase and our team.

As to timing, he is in a promotions tour for his product, it is in every interview.  And he does not bring up things out of the blue, he is being asked questions and answering honestly.  I appreciate the honesty, I hope Katie sees this and shows Carson, as well as the team and all of us that their commitment will continue.

I think if you rewatch it in a different frame of mind you may see it in a different way.  Maybe not..

(02-11-2022, 10:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d say the team is off to a great start in the keeping Joe happy department. They kept his HC when most other teams would have fired him after year 2. They brought in his favorite WR from college despite knowing they’d get absolutely killed for making that pick. And most importantly of all; they’re winning - and he sees he can go to Super Bowls here.

We also know for damn sure they’re going to pay him, too. Add in that he’s near his parents…

Well I think even suggesting he doesn’t re-sign here is pretty silly.

He didnt suggest Joe isnt going to not resign.  He is pretty clear that if the ownership sits on this one SB run and does not make obvious moves to continue to win, that a person like Joe will not be satisfied... and he's no doubt right about that.  At least I hope he is.

I dont think it will happen, but MB is still around and to be fair to him other teams have tasted success and then didnt do what was necessary to continue to be as aggressive, we need Joe to make sure the FO is doing all they can to do their part in keeping us competitive.

(02-11-2022, 10:12 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: He is definitely saying joe will start considering leaving depending on what the Bengals do this off-season. I posted the video for a reason 

I agree with Carson and others stating that this offseason may be the most important and pivotal offseason we have ever had.  We need to spend to improve and do it wisely.  I believe we will, and if we do, that we continue to choose the right personnel.

(02-11-2022, 04:57 AM)BengalB Wrote: This. I find it really weird they are giving him so much airtime. 

If you know the history then you know. If you don't, then you'd think CP lost his job to Joe Burrow. 

He quit in what? 2010? For the love of all things Holy...it has been TWELVE YEARS bro, go to therapy. Seems like he needs it, if I'm being honest.

I think he is running his pie hole at anyone who will listen for two reasons. One, he is HELLA jealous of Joe because, deep down, CP knows that Joe has the intangible "it" spark, the thing that makes his team, his coaches and his city believe in him and want to follow him. CP never had that. He always came off as a California snob. 

And two? I think he believes he is somehow getting into Joe's head bringing up BS from OVER A DECADE ago. Lol. Joe is unflappable, nothing CP is saying matters because I'd bet $500 Joe hasn't seen one bit of this nonsense.

They need to stop paying him any attention. 

In fact, I really think it is a good possibility that he's creeping around JN, lurking like a lunk, well CP? This is just for you: We get it, Carson, you blame the Bengals and the Brown Family for every bad thing that has happened to you in your NFL career because you were perfect, you won the Heisman and drafted number 1. Then the Browns and the Bengals set out to ruin your life, and your lawn. 

Whatever it takes to sleep at night dude. But Jesus, just stfu already. You're super petty and you look more than a little obsessive. Go talk about the Raiders or Arizona. Not the team you quit on in 2010. Sheesh.

"I find it really weird they are giving him so much airtime"
You find it weird he is getting air time because you are obviously not watching these interviews.  He is on a publicity tour for a product.  Very obvious.

"He quit in what? 2010? For the love of all things Holy...it has been TWELVE YEARS bro, go to therapy. Seems like he needs it, if I'm being honest."
He needs therapy because he is being asked questions and answering them honestly?  Again watch the videos. If you did then you are being dishonest or terrible at comprehension.

"HELLA jealous of Joe"
He has tremendous praise for Joe, he knows Joe, Joe trained with his brother - he actually has a relationship with Joe other than as a fan.

"I think he believes he is somehow getting into Joe's head bringing up BS from OVER A DECADE ago."
Exact opposite.  He is defending and promoting the FO continues to change go all out for Joe - this is such an uninformed take, I hope you havent watched the videos and simply read what others wrote because this is so far off base.

Just a terrible misrepresentation of that interview.  

(02-10-2022, 09:47 PM)Tony Wrote: All he talks about is " No indoor practice facility".The players we have now said they don't even care about it. So sick of hearing about it...

And you couldnt be more wrong about this. 

RE: Carson Palmer - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 02-11-2022

(02-11-2022, 03:34 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: What are people being dishonest about?

I would say the Bengals have made judicious use of free agency the past two seasons. Something I think we’ve all wanted to see for quite some time. Finally, we have seen it and the results. I hope it continues.

Jalen Ramsey. Matthew Stafford. Von Miller. I think these are three examples of what Palmer was referencing.