Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Carson Palmer
Said on Pat Mcafee that they were serving players hot chocolate out of a mop bucket. If true deplorable if false Bengals should sue Carson for defamation. Jackass Palmer probably lying we should sue. Just a bitter player throwing shade because someone else accomplishing something he couldn't.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 12:08 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Said on Pat Mcafee that they were serving players hot chocolate out of a mop bucket. If true deplorable if false Bengals should sue Carson for defamation. Jackass Palmer probably lying we should sue. Just a bitter player throwing shade because someone else accomplishing something he couldn't.

Sue for defamation because he said they served hot chocolate out of a mop bucket?
Kind of extreme.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 12:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Sue for defamation because he said they served hot chocolate out of a mop bucket?
Kind of extreme.

I've not heard the Palmer interview. Was the "hot chocolate out of a mop bucket" comment meant to be factual in nature or hyperbole to make a point in jest?
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 12:17 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I've not heard the Palmer interview. Was the "hot chocolate out of a mop bucket" comment meant to be factual in nature or hyperbole to make a point in jest?

He told Pat to look it up and reiterated he's not lying. I cant find anything on it.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 12:17 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I've not heard the Palmer interview. Was the "hot chocolate out of a mop bucket" comment meant to be factual in nature or hyperbole to make a point in jest?

No idea, but who cares. No one in their right mind would believe that to be factual. Palmer is likely making an exaggeration to convey how cheap the Bengals were when he was there.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 12:08 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Said on Pat Mcafee that they were serving players hot chocolate out of a mop bucket. If true deplorable if false Bengals should sue Carson for defamation. Jackass Palmer probably lying we should sue. Just a bitter player throwing shade because someone else accomplishing something he couldn't.

Kind of on topic...but kind of off, the whole idea people can sue for defamation for everything is a huge misunderstanding in this country. Defamation is very hard to prove and almost always not worth it when dealing with public figures/entities. You have to first prove that the person saying the statement knowingly was saying something false AND was doing so with intent to cause damage. Carson can simply say it was a bucket that looked like a mop bucket, that is literally all he'd have to say. His interpretation of what it was is a good enough defense to end the whole discussion right there. The other issue here is damages must occur as a direct result of the statement, and in reality because our own organization has in fact been cheap in the past this would no further cause material damage to the organization than what has already happened to our reputation over the years.

Not a lawyer, so some of the minutia may be slightly off, but everyone always screams "sue!" and it's kind of wild.
Reply/Quote
Houshmandzadeh said the team was given used jock straps, which is equally as absurd but we like him so don't question it or his motives. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 12:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: No idea, but who cares. No one in their right mind would believe that to be factual. Palmer is likely making an exaggeration to convey how cheap the Bengals were when he was there.

The Bengals paid Carson Palmer $84MM during his 8 seasons with the team, and I think at one point he signed the largest contract ever (2005?). They may have been "cheap" with certain things. But they weren't with Carson.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 12:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: No idea, but who cares. No one in their right mind would believe that to be factual. Palmer is likely making an exaggeration to convey how cheap the Bengals were when he was there.

I only care in the sense that it would be hilarious to see a picture of NFL players sharing hot chocolate together around a mop bucket lol.
Reply/Quote
Carson's pride is being served out of a mop bucket.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
A "mop bucket" could be just as sanitary as any other container.

I don't see a problem.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 12:28 PM)TCUBengal34 Wrote: The Bengals paid Carson Palmer $84MM during his 8 seasons with the team, and I think at one point he signed the largest contract ever (2005?). They may have been "cheap" with certain things. But they weren't with Carson.

He's made it very clear many times that the "cheapness" was in regards to the facilities/amenities.
I thought everyone knew that.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 12:27 PM)34inXXIII Wrote: Houshmandzadeh said the team was given used jock straps, which is equally as absurd but we like him so don't question it or his motives. Whatever

I don't want to give any poster here the illusion I have ever had significant insider connections to the Bengals because I do not; however, in the early 2000s through brief interactions with other people I heard from someone closely connected to a player's agent and someone else related to a player a couple examples of the organization being cheap. One anecdote was WRs were upset at having to purchase their own WR gloves and the second was that food spreads often comprised hot dogs and cheaper food choices. Players who came to the Bengals from other organizations said they didn't realize an NFL team would actually give such lame/cheap food choices to the players.

Anyhow, it's Super Bowl week so enough of the Brown family cheap talk from me.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 12:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: Kind of on topic...but kind of off, the whole idea people can sue for defamation for everything is a huge misunderstanding in this country. Defamation is very hard to prove and almost always not worth it when dealing with public figures/entities. You have to first prove that the person saying the statement knowingly was saying something false AND was doing so with intent to cause damage. Carson can simply say it was a bucket that looked like a mop bucket, that is literally all he'd have to say. His interpretation of what it was is a good enough defense to end the whole discussion right there. The other issue here is damages must occur as a direct result of the statement, and in reality because our own organization has in fact been cheap in the past this would no further cause material damage to the organization than what has already happened to our reputation over the years.

Not a lawyer, so some of the minutia may be slightly off, but everyone always screams "sue!" and it's kind of wild.

You are right. I just hate the idea of people getting away with lying more and more.
Reply/Quote
If you listen to the interview it really paints quite the picture of Palmer.

He had some valid gripes but one that really rubbed me the wrong way was where he said (paraphrasing): "Me and the guys would rather eat four P&J sandwiches a day than eat a meal cooked by those ex cons Mike Brown hired because he was cheap"

Screams of someone who grew up in a bubble.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 12:38 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: You are right. I just hate the idea of people getting away with lying more and more.

This is where social media has been a detriment in a way.
Everyone now has this sense that their opinion matters and should voice it.
But at the end of the day, people have their opinion (valid or not), and they have the right to voice it, but it doesn't necessarily matter.
If there is some type of tangible damage (physical, mental, or financial) that comes from said comments, that person should be punished. If not though, let it go.
In this case, I don't think it's going to affect the Bengals' reputation. Most people already think one way or the other about them.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
So nice of a former player to attempt to take a shit on us before our biggest game in over 30 years.
Reply/Quote
Anytime Mcafee interviews a Bengal, it’s always, “hey you’re doing a great job but the bengals are bad”

He is also a pittsburgh native
Reply/Quote
I got over palmer years ago.

He needs to move on. It's ridiculous to hold a grudge this long. He got what he wanted so what the problem?
Reply/Quote
If he’s being honest I have no problem with it. I just watched this part of the interview and he was very complementary of the city and fans. He just said the organization was cheap, their food sucked and mentioned the mop bucket deal. He did say he heard their food has gotten better. If their food sucked I have no problem with people being honest about anything. More people should be honest. Theirs too many fake people out there. Sadly society shuns people that are real and honest a lot of the time.
Reply/Quote