Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Carson Palmer
(02-12-2022, 08:05 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't fault Carson for what he did in principle because almost 100% of people would do what he did in a similar circumstance, if the opportunity is there. As far as Carson himself, i would never defend the type of person he is because in his rookie year, i was at a Speedway in Covington one Saturday morning in 2003 and when i turned around, he was standing right there getting some coffee. I lowkey said i was looking forward to seeing him on the field and good luck the next day (though i knew he, personally, wouldn't be playing). He never even acknowledged that words came out of my mouth let alone looked my way, even though i was standing right next to him and no one else was near us. I knew right then he was "that dude". I just shrugged and walked away. 

His talking about how cheap they were and how they were run is very much a continued dig and his relative lack of knowledge in how they do things (or his complete ignoring of it) now is an indication that he's being petty, on the biggest stage, because he never had what curent players have now. He's never talked bad about the city itself or the fans though.

What a douche. Yeah he’s a bit smug/arrogant. But if you compare him to burrow, he’s not anywhere near as smart, hardworking, or talented. He’s got a good arm but he just didn’t have an above average mental grasp of the game and was a statue in the pocket.

I agree with what you said though. I’m fine with him speaking the truth. It’s understandable that he was fed up with management. But I do remember him asking for TO and others on the team only to go out and win 4 games and play his worst football of his career. Yeah management could have been better, but the majority of the blame for that season is on him. I don’t think his ego could take it and he needed a scape goat. Go figure that management put a playoff team together the very next year—and now have built a winner with Burrow a decade later.

Carson challenged management to be better, and I think they answered the bell. I think all of this needed to happen to be honest.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 12:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: A "mop bucket" could be just as sanitary as any other container.

I don't see a problem.

I've drank green beer out of both a coffee pot and a vase back in my college days. I'm still ok (I think)  Hilarious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Words reveal a person's heart. The day before the biggest game for the Cincinnati Bengals in over three decades and yet Palmer is making an issue out of himself. Andy Dalton did more for the Cincinnati Bengals then Carson Palmer.

Throwing shade on an organization that has made questionable decisions in the past is warranted. Bringing up historical and somewhat antiquated issues on the eve of the Bengals first super bowl in years is nothing short of narcissism.

Bitterness is like necrosis of the soul. Carson Palmer is revealing the same lifeless energy and lack of leadership that held the Cincinnati Bengals back in prior playoffs.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 08:30 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: lol. No.

It would be a hilarious bengals move to canonize a backup qb with a career 55 playoff rating into their ring of honor.
Reply/Quote
Didn't the Bengals by some Land near Paul Brown for a practice Facility in the last 2 to 3 years?

I think a lot of what he says about Brown is true but Why say it now? Also Im not sure how relevant the criticism is because all signs point to the Blackburn's running the team and not Mike.

Hell when Carson was here Mike was still GM but it's been clear that the Job has been Dukes for the past decade. So A lot has changed since now and then!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 05:21 PM)J24 Wrote: but it's been clear that the Job has been Dukes for the past decade. So A lot has changed since now and then!

Well, except for the John Ross pick. I believe Mike put his nose in that decision
Reply/Quote