Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Carson Palmer
(02-11-2022, 01:02 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: can it

As tempting as your invitation is, I’m gonna have to decline.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 11:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Fun fact:

Back on the mothership there was a huge CP9 v. 85 conflict. It kinda hit its peak when Chad said "Without 85 there is no 9 and without 9 there is no 85".

The "establishment" on that forum were huge on the CP9 side. There was a poster named kday999 that went to -30000000 rep points because she backed 85.

I recall the post: After it was discovered she was female after a heated back and forth; a "regular" on that forum said: "My bad, by you posts I thought you were a guy". She said "And by your posts I thought you were a bytch". That poster is still active here.

Where are all these woman at? I had one leave cuz she said I cared about the Bengals more than her. Dead serious too..
Reply/Quote
To me, this just kind of reeks of pettiness that he would even go on record and say this. Maybe he did not mean it to sound like I am taking it, but I really do not want to hear someone's take on our future from someone who quit on the team.

Also, whether he is right or wrong, he doesn't speak for Joe or anyone else on the team. This moment belongs to the team and us fans, not him.
Reply/Quote
Carson on this Bengals, “there is something magical about this team.”

Carson on the fans, “those fans show up.”

If you asked me at the beginning of the season if I thought the Bengals would make it to the Super Bowl this season, my answer would be, “With this offensive line? Ah, hell nah.” And most of you thought the same.

Odds of winning the Super Bowl at beginning of season: Bengals +15,000, tied for 3rd worst. Rams +1,200, 4th best. According to the odds at the beginning of the season, the Bengals have defied the ***** odds. As Bill Murray would say they are the Cinderella story. The Bengals were definitely the underdog at the beginning of the season. When a team with the 3rd worst odds to win the Super Bowl is playing the team with the 4th best odds I think you can say that’s a David vs Goliath scenario.

AND DAVID ***** WON!

WTF is so bad about being compared to the quintessential story of an underdog triumphing in the face of overwhelming odds? Some of you sound as if you would be pissed at Al Michaels for asking, “Do you believe in miracles?” for being disrespectful to the 1980s Men’s Olympic hockey team.

Why now? Because the Bengals are in the Super Bowl and he had a messy divorce from the team. Who should the media interview? Tom Brady? TB has no connection to the Bengals so why would they interview him? No reason to interview TB. That’s why now. I doubt there was a high demand by the media to interview Palmer after the second preseason game for him to make the comments then instead of now.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 03:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This is 100% false. Housh didn't wear an extra small jock strap.

This is 100% true, Housh is quoted as saying "The Asian jock strap is snug and protects my jewels for years to come" 

I am also the guy in the Calgon commercial, and no I won't tell you the secret on how to get shirts so clean no matter how much you sweet talk me Shake...
Reply/Quote
I'm done with the lengthy back and forth.

Especially with someone who thinks the talent level between the Rams and Bengals "isn't even close".

Our QB is better
Our RB is better
Our WRs are at least as good
Rams have way better o-line
Our d-line is just as good, yeah I said it
I'll give them LBs, with Von Miller
CBs is probably us by a slight margin. Ramsey has a 84.5 pff grade, Awuzie is 83.4. Apple/Hilton better than their other CBs
Our safeties are better
Our ST are better

I disagree with so many other things in Caesars last post, but I'm not going to keep going back and forth all day. When your opinions on the FO are that extremely negative, I can see why you have no issue with Palmer.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 07:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm done with the lengthy back and forth.

Especially with someone who thinks the talent level between the Rams and Bengals "isn't even close".

Our QB is better
Our RB is better
CBs is probably us by a slight margin. Ramsey has a 84.5 pff grade, Awuzie is 83.4. Apple/Hilton better than their other CBs
Our safeties are better
Our ST are better

I disagree with so many other things in Caesars last post, but I'm not going to keep going back and forth all day. When your opinions on the FO are that extremely negative, I can see why you have no issue with Palmer.

I agree with each one of your evaluations.

I dont need to get into all the examples through the years of my angst with MB, currently it is down to his involvement with the draft, scouting dept and facilities. Im thankful for Katie, Duke and the team, so not really FO.

Im ok with disagreeing about our opinions on CP's intentions (I do agree he's bitter but I see his point differently), end of the day we are all longtime rabid fans who have invested too much time, money and heartache in this team.  I was actually on the board back in 2015 (username bpoe something?) tailed off after the Steelers meltdown.  Been on several boards that have come and gone, as well as Reddit.  This board has always been the best with the best mods - glad to be back discussing with knowledgeable fans.  
Reply/Quote
Been a while:

[Image: 806990-P-XMT38-143.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 03:53 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Minutes, seconds where he says Joe should leave. 

P.S. Joe has leverage does not mean Joe should leave. In addition, Joe can't control his destiny until after year 5 of his contract and even then the team has more options. 

Plus your first video was youtube and not twitter. 

He can hold out can't he? The twitter video starts with he could leave. **** Carson go find some other franchise you failed at to talk about
Reply/Quote
I laughed way too hard at this :lol:

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 06:20 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: But it's 2022.  If we're really and truly embarrassed by something that happened 24 years ago, I don't the Brown family and the Bengals are the problem.  At some point, it's time to let it go.  I've been plenty embarrassed over the years about a lot of things Bengal related.  But I think they've taken steps in the past few years that show a change.  They haven't said - or shown - they're done making changes, so I'm willing to give them a little grace on this.  If anyone else wants to keep living in the past, that's fine.  Personally, I'm enjoying the changes and the fact that we're just a few days away from the Super Bowl that we're in, and not having to have discussions about where their practice field is or whether they might grab an old washed up player in FA.  The times they are a changin' and it's great to be here to see it and celebrate. 

Because....

That's. Not. Us. Anymore.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 12:52 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: If he’s being honest I have no problem with it. I just watched this part of the interview and he was very complementary of the city and fans. He just said the organization was cheap, their food sucked and mentioned the mop bucket deal. He did say he heard their food has gotten better. If their food sucked I have no problem with people being honest about anything. More people should be honest. Theirs too many fake people out there. Sadly society shuns people that are real and honest a lot of the time.

What it comes down to is, NFL teams make millions of dollars and the league makes Billions of dollars. NFL teams use amenities as a way to give players a little "extra" simply because they can and probably more importantly, to gain an advantage when it comes to drawing in players (FA) to make their team better and to keep the best players wanting to play for them.

They try and out-do their competition by having the best facilities and the best food to bring in players that will help (or try) to win Super Bowls. Everyone knows the Bengals didn't used to operate that way. Their mantra was always 'this is good enough', without paying the extra money. Mike Brown comes by this honestly because Paul Brown was well known as a hard-line 'do-it-my-way', cheap kind of guy and he was genius enough with the football to get away with it. Every single player from that era will tell you the same with daunting tales of contract negotiations.

Thing is, times change but for a long time, Mike Brown didn't. He still tried to run the franchise the same way Paul did years ago and as time went on and other teams upped the ante, his model stuck out like a sore thumb. 

Every thing Carson talked about highlighted this and people don't like it now, mainly, because he decided to take his ball and go home when he had enough of it and fans are upset that he "quit" instead of sticking it out, like they have to. 

I'm sure people around Mike Brown are the reason that the organization has begun to change that image, but that doesn't erase how it used to be done for a long long time. 

I don't fault Carson for what he did in principle because almost 100% of people would do what he did in a similar circumstance, if the opportunity is there. As far as Carson himself, i would never defend the type of person he is because in his rookie year, i was at a Speedway in Covington one Saturday morning in 2003 and when i turned around, he was standing right there getting some coffee. I lowkey said i was looking forward to seeing him on the field and good luck the next day (though i knew he, personally, wouldn't be playing). He never even acknowledged that words came out of my mouth let alone looked my way, even though i was standing right next to him and no one else was near us. I knew right then he was "that dude". I just shrugged and walked away. 

His talking about how cheap they were and how they were run is very much a continued dig and his relative lack of knowledge in how they do things (or his complete ignoring of it) now is an indication that he's being petty, on the biggest stage, because he never had what curent players have now. He's never talked bad about the city itself or the fans though.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 02:49 PM)Roland Wrote: Oh, and I looked up the jock strap story.  Housh didn't experience it.  He said he heard it from Willie Anderson.  Who knows whether Anderson experienced it or heard it from someone before him.  I don't doubt that at some point in the past they did communal laundry for all the players, including jock straps.  And like water buckets, I'm sure Paul Brown and maybe Mike Brown did it longer than anyone.  I'm not sure that dudes used to worry about that stuff.

It was happening as recently as the mid 90s because i used to do work down there (Spinney field) and i saw the bin that the jock straps were thrown in with my own eyes. You had to weed through them to find the right size after they were washed. 

I don't know about anyone else, but i'd prefer to not have to wear underwear that someone else previously wore, even after it had been washed. 

But that's just my preference.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 04:00 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Just Confirms that Palmer will never be in our ring of honor, Dalton on the other hand maybe

lol. No.

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 08:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Been a while:

[Image: 806990-P-XMT38-143.jpg]

It has indeed....but remnants of the Mediocre Merv Militia were still going strong this very season. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 03:21 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: He can hold out can't he? The twitter video starts with he could leave. **** Carson go find some other franchise you failed at to talk about

Exactly, Carson couldn’t get it done in 8 years here. Carson couldn’t get it done in 15 seasons total. Carson couldn’t get it done with this franchise or 2 others. Carson is a loser and never turned out to be what we thought he was going to.

Burrow in two years has done what Carson never could. Burrow in 2 years showed us what a real QB looks like. Carson is Butt hurt that Burrow is showing everyone that the Bengals didn’t waste Carson’s career, it was Carson that did because he wasn’t a leader. He was also CP6 for a reason.

Carson had a playoff team here 2 of 8 years or just slightly below what would be average for a team. He also had chances in 2006, 2007 and 2010. If he were a real QB and leader maybe we make the playoffs 2-3 more times.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 07:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Our QB is better
Our RB is better
Our safeties are better
Our ST are better

….and our TE is better and this is amplified now that their TE is out and playing a back up.

Well said Shake.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 03:20 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Maybe this makes me sound overly sensitive, but **** it.

My issue isn't with WHAT Palmer is saying.  Taking at face value, he makes a perfectly fair point.  My issue is that he is saying this NOW, literally two days before the Bengals play the most important game in franchise history.  If there was ever a time to speculate on Burrow's future with the team after his rookie deal is up, this sure as **** isn't it.  He came back from a devastating injury and led the team to a Super Bowl appearance against all odds.  The city is in an absolute frenzy.  Read the ***** room, man.

Congratulate the team and the city, wish Joe Burrow all the best, and leave it at that for now.  Any discussion about what Burrow might do after his rookie deal sounds like unnecessary projection on Palmer's part.  At the very least wait until the off season to have this discussion.  But two days before the Super Bowl?  Come on.

Yup I agree. We all know the Bengals used to be cheap af on a ton of things, nothing new there. To Marvin's credit, he did get them to change that around over his tenure here. Now I never heard of hot chocolate out of mop buckets, but why bring all this up just before the game except to try to shit on them. Heck, the only reason he is even on these shows getting his name out there again is only because of the Bengals in the Super Bowl with a two week layoff. Otherwise everyone would have kept on forgetting about him.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 02:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: Seems so odd. I read an article the other day about him cheering for the Bengals, praising the fans, and saying he may even attend the game.

Yup.  The only two things I have seen him say are the article you referenced above, a part of which he states that the parade will be epic if we win, and one praising Burrow for his ability to get up off the turf and act like nothing has happened after the number of sacks he has taken.  They could be from the same interview and broken into different articles.  There was nothing negative I saw in either, although PFT did try to spin it as such by titling a recap about the sacks as "Carson Palmer says it is demoralizing for Burrow to be sacked 51 times" or something along those lines.  To be fair to them, he did use the term in the interview, but not as it was portrayed in their title.  He stated it is mentally demoralizing to get sacked over and over again, but Joe hasn't flinched or shown any sign of that happening to him.  Headline states Burrow is demoralized by all the hits, article states the opposite.  But that's PFT for ya!
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 12:08 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Said on Pat Mcafee that they were serving players hot chocolate out of a mop bucket. If true deplorable if false Bengals should sue Carson for defamation. Jackass Palmer probably lying we should sue. Just a bitter player throwing shade because someone else accomplishing something he couldn't.

Quitter is the retired NFL player version of Stephen A Smith....just saying stuff to draw some attention to his loser ass.  

Nothing to see here, move along...move past the guy that got a great Bengals roster to two playoff games and Dalton did it five times with a lesser roster.  
Reply/Quote