Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Carson Palmer
(02-10-2022, 05:35 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Actually... he said "Me and the guys would rather eat four P&J sandwiches a day than eat a meal cooked by those ex cons WITH CIGARETTES HANGING OUT OF THEIR MOUTHS Mike Brown hired because he was cheap"

So again, WTF does ex-cons have to do with it unless you're just being an elitist POS? If the food was crap, just say the food was crap. I'm pretty sure that smoking isn't allowed anywhere in PBS, let alone in food prep areas.  You're the ***** leader of the team and I'm sure if you just had the nerve to open your mouth to the appropriate team personnel they'd have taken care of it.  

Carson Palmer has eaten more food from felons than he'll ever know.  A lot of prisons have cooking programs and some of those ex-cons go on to make a pretty good name for themselves.  It's just not good enough for Palmer unless some rich investor puts them in the back of a fancy restaurant.

Quote:He also said everyone hated not having a practice facility.  They had to got to Mason at the time to a kids soccer facility with low ceiling.

Dead Horse

If the Bengals had built a practice facility a decade ago and used a dime of public money to do it, that's all we would have heard about for the past ten years.  Would it have led to a win in the playoffs?  I don't think so.

Yes, the Bengals should have a practice facility.  But it's really not as big a deal as people make of it.  When they win on Sunday, how much difference will it have made?  If community interest and sponsorship from the attention they're getting allow them to build it the way they want and have someone else foot more of the bill, won't they have had the last laugh?

Funny thing, when the Bengals were doing interviews for the SB before they left town, they were in front of a really nice backdrop with a stylish Bengals logo and helmet, while the Rams people were at their desk (which weren't any nicer than the Bengals' desks) or in front of a generic team/sponsor backdrop.  The announcer even mentioned how nice it was.

No, sorry that's not the narrative.  The narrative is practice bubbles and mic carts. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 07:12 PM)BengalB Wrote: Where?? Everything I have seen has been super petty and negative. Almost hoping AD levels Joe Burrow...

Granted, I can only tolerate him in 2 minute increments because I find whiny men absolutely dreadful. When they are ungrateful, petty and whiny? That is damn near intolerable.

Go on YouTube and type out his name and look at latest videos from LA, he says the same thing. I havent seen him say a negative or petty thing about Joe, quite the opposite. And he said he's pulling for Cincy. 
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 07:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yes, Mike wants to keep all facilities around PBS, so that is him. As for the scouting, Zac got them to hire the largest staff the Bengals have ever had. He brought in a few analytics guys, and some more eyes and ears to help scout. Zac seems to be a guy that wants his hands in everything....like the great Bill Parcells said, "if they want me to cook the meal, they oughta at least let me shop for the groceries." From all I've heard, he actually likes being hands on so he makes sure he gets the type of players he wants. The scouting isn't really as big an issue in 2022 is it was 20 years ago. Who knows, it might have even helped them when dealing with the COVID restrictions because they seem to have done REALLY well drafting and targeting FAs during the shutdowns. I've even read articles acknowledging that.

I'm not defending Mike at all, if you remember me from the old board, you'd know how hard I railed against him. I just changed my avatar from a disparaging image about Mike. Hell, it says Son of Paul in my sig, lol. That said, things are changing, and I think Katie, Elizabeth, and even Zac have a lot to do with it. Take the game balls for the fans for example. That shit goes a long way in mending fences.

I definitely remember your screen name.  

So here are my takes with scouting.

We have ONE guy that does analytics, but apparently he is doing a good job.  According to ESPN every other team has a handful, not sure of the impact one way or the other?

We have 6 FT time scouts now, by far the fewest in the league, and our divisional rivals best us 3-1 numbers-wise.
Which would not be an issue for me if the following hadnt occurred:

3 1st round busts in 4 years (2015-2018) - a killer for a small market team.

Only ONE solid Oline starter drafted in the last 10 years.  - Inexcusable for any team.

I am really frustrated that a man who has shown he is incompetent when it comes to identifying talent and other facets still demands to have final approval over draft picks and to choose draft picks at 86 years of age.  (I understand he is the owner and always believed he is a great GM)

Carmen was not a good pick with others still on the board like Cosmi, Creed and others - would really like to know if the rumor that Pollack wasnt thrilled is true.  MB and Paul Alexander's great idea.  I do have faith he will productive eventually.  

I dont want moan and gripe during SB week, I simply want us to be on a level playing field with the 2nd worst team resources-wise. 

Tied for last with scouts, build the worst practice facility, and retire MB from any and all decision making, these would make me happy.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 06:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: My problem isn't with what he's saying. It's when he's said it, and also the fact that other players have maintained a relationship with the team while Palmer does not.

Most of what you mention is ancient history, and if Palmer had any interest in the actual "truth", he'd be honest about the Bengals' spending spree over the last couple years, instead of pretending Burrow led a weak roster to the big game.

I've never had an issue with any of the players who spoke out in the past. Carson just comes off as bitter though, and frankly looks stupid talking about "cheapness" with a team that's readying for the Super Bowl.

My only problem with Carson is he thinks of himself as a "Cardinal" which is complete bullshit. Nobody refers to him as a Cardinal, just him.

As far as the rift between him and the FO, I can only imagine the BS that went on. Lewis alluded to certain things back then but didn't air the dirty laundry.

My take in all honesty is the past is the past, who cares at this point. Im enjoying having a QB that has this "it" factor and continues to grow. This is a moment Im just enjoying every second and every ex player and analyst can say what they want.... who gives a f'k.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 05:35 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Actually... he said "Me and the guys would rather eat four P&J sandwiches a day than eat a meal cooked by those ex cons WITH CIGARETTES HANGING OUT OF THEIR MOUTHS Mike Brown hired because he was cheap"

He also said everyone hated not having a practice facility.  They had to go to Mason at the time to a kids soccer facility with low ceiling.

It is an absolute disgrace that we are the only NFL team without a facility. And please do not come back with the UC bubble or there is no space because of the concrete plant.  Centre College in Danville, KY has a facility.  High Schools now have them. Carolina is building a >$100M facility on 277 acres - but the impressive part is that they built a temporary indoor facility while that one is being constructed. 

I do not care about the deal with the City, that excuse has gone on for years and only the Patriots facility is located next to their stadium.

Bengals, prior to this awesome season, had a net worth of $2.4B, plenty of equity to make something happen.

Another option is to partner with a corp sponsor, other teams do this.

We need a home with our logo slapped on it. Doesnt have to be a great facility with pools and things like other teams. Just the worst facility in the league would suffice for now. Anything is better than a goat pasture under a highway bridge or a basketball court covered in carpet.

I dont have an issue with Carson wanting more from ownership, we most likely rank on the low end of resources, with the exception of an in stadium MRI.  But we have them, and we should at least have a real practice facility.

Just my opinion and hoping this season moves us quicker to a facility and increased scouting (college-wise).

[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 07:40 PM)GodFather Wrote: My only problem with Carson is he thinks of himself as a "Cardinal" which is complete bullshit. Nobody refers to him as a Cardinal, just him.

As far as the rift between him and the FO, I can only imagine the BS that went on. Lewis alluded to certain things back then but didn't air the dirty laundry.

My take in all honesty is the past is the past, who cares at this point. Im enjoying having a QB that has this "it" factor and continues to grow. This is a moment Im just enjoying every second and every ex player and analyst can say what they want.... who gives a f'k.

Basically my take boils down to "the Bengals rock right now, and I ain't trying to hear anyone's negative vibes...especially not Palmer's. All he's done is take shots since he left. Even now."
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 07:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Basically my take boils down to "the Bengals rock right now, and I ain't trying to hear anyone's negative vibes...especially not Palmer's. All he's done is take shots since he left. Even now."

I'm with you buddy, this is a great moment...  if you cant soak it up and enjoy what we've been waiting for all these years then you enjoy the misery!
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 07:28 PM)Roland Wrote: So again, WTF does ex-cons have to do with it unless you're just being an elitist POS? If the food was crap, just say the food was crap. I'm pretty sure that smoking isn't allowed anywhere in PBS, let alone in food prep areas.  You're the ***** leader of the team and I'm sure if you just had the nerve to open your mouth to the appropriate team personnel they'd have taken care of it.  

Carson Palmer has eaten more food from felons than he'll ever know.  A lot of prisons have cooking programs and some of those ex-cons go on to make a pretty good name for themselves.  It's just not good enough for Palmer unless some rich investor puts them in the back of a fancy restaurant.

Dead Horse

If the Bengals had built a practice facility a decade ago and used a dime of public money to do it, that's all we would have heard about for the past ten years.  Would it have led to a win in the playoffs?  I don't think so.

Yes, the Bengals should have a practice facility.  But it's really not as big a deal as people make of it.  When they win on Sunday, how much difference will it have made?  If community interest and sponsorship from the attention they're getting allow them to build it the way they want and have someone else foot more of the bill, won't they have had the last laugh?

Funny thing, when the Bengals were doing interviews for the SB before they left town, they were in front of a really nice backdrop with a stylish Bengals logo and helmet, while the Rams people were at their desk (which weren't any nicer than the Bengals' desks) or in front of a generic team/sponsor backdrop.  The announcer even mentioned how nice it was.

No, sorry that's not the narrative.  The narrative is practice bubbles and mic carts. Rolleyes

I disagree with just about everything you typed.... other than the cart - which is truth.

I see no reason to take such an affront to the excon remark - I've worked with them for almost 20 years they wouldn't be offended. He is talking about over 15 years ago and we have no idea about smoking or specific logistics.

Carson apparently did request changes and from what we have all heard promises were made and not followed up on.

I absolutely hate this narrative regarding not needing a practice facility due to this year's success, as if the previous 31 didnt happen.  If a facility did not provide a positive impact to a team why does every team have one?  And these tight, cheap owners wouldnt be spending over $100M on them.  Same for colleges.  Players do want them, they have multipole uses outside of just practicing inside.  Willie has discussed how much better it was with the Ravens when it came to resources and facilities.  Players have been outspoken regarding this topic in public and private.  Like you said, we need one.

I saw that interview with McVay and Zach - McVay was in his office and Zach was in our studio.  We have no idea what kind of studio the Rams have, but they do have an awesome practice facility.  I am glad we have a studio period - another upgrade, probably due to Katie.

Anyone that has been a fan for a long time remembers just how inept MB was for the longest time until Katie took over most of the mgmt duties. Carson was playing at a time when owners were upgrading and providing their teams awesome resources to match the huge financial windfalls.  MB became a billionaire and our resources were slow to come, again before Katie.  

If Carson simply wanted us to look like a NFL team and have somewhat on par resources with everyone else why is that bad?  Especially if they help us win?  We should all want that.  Maybe he is bitter because we had a core of good players that could have been very good but he didnt feel ownership cared as much as the coaches and players?  Pisses me off as well.  With all I have learned through the years I will easily side with Carson over MB regarding those times back then.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 06:42 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I guess I dont understand this as I have clearly stated in almost every post that Katie has shored up most things nowadays?

Also, Carson was asked the question and if you know Pat you understand why.

Everyone is happy with the current changes but I'm not sure that not being embarrassed is the only bar we want to achieve?

I have hope we continue to improve and have faith that we will. I would like for MB to remove himself totally from the team decision wise.  Not 100% sure if the facility issue is him or adding scouts but i'd bet the house it was.  And the fact that he still demands to approve and even choose players in the draft would be comical if it wasnt so sad.  

I don't know that we really know what he demands / approves in regards to the draft.  And the team hasn't done anything that says they're going to stop after this season making improvements.  The staff size grew significantly when Zac was hired.  There have been improvements in FA, in fan engagement.  It wasn't that long enough they re-did the weight room and I believe they are the only (or one of a couple) facilities with an MRI machine.  I guess I just feel like things have been getting on track.  Don't know if it's Mike himself stepping back, changing what he sees as necessary, other voices prodding.  But there are changes.  And I just think it's funny that anyone would talk about the way things were when it's irrelevant now.  My college had dial-up internet still in 2006.  But they don't know any more.  So it's silly of me to point out today that the school is backward because they had dial-up 15 years ago.  At that same time, you could sit in a smoking section in any restaurant in town.  It's different, so why bring up old things?  It doesn't prove any point other than the past is the past. 

I'm not on you specifically about these things.  It's more the players and people associated with the franchise in the past who keep bringing this crap up like it was just yesterday that the players had to walk uphill both ways in the rain to get a cold sammich for lunch before being forced to buy their own gatorade or milk the cow on the back 40 to have a drink.  I just think it's time for people to let go of the past as the only indicator of the present or future. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 04:18 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Neither should be if they are going to keep it somewhat exclusive. Both were good QBs but they need to raise the bar. Only Kenny, Boomer and eventually Burrow (after the SBs wins) should be the only ROH QBs.

U maybe be right but class caught too so Palmer is a ass no doubt. As for Boomer he is borline , overrated for sure, he falls with Dalton
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 06:20 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: But it's 2022.  If we're really and truly embarrassed by something that happened 24 years ago, I don't the Brown family and the Bengals are the problem.  At some point, it's time to let it go.  I've been plenty embarrassed over the years about a lot of things Bengal related.  But I think they've taken steps in the past few years that show a change.  They haven't said - or shown - they're done making changes, so I'm willing to give them a little grace on this.  If anyone else wants to keep living in the past, that's fine.  Personally, I'm enjoying the changes and the fact that we're just a few days away from the Super Bowl that we're in, and not having to have discussions about where their practice field is or whether they might grab an old washed up player in FA.  The times they are a changin' and it's great to be here to see it and celebrate. 

The issue is not 2022, but what happens after this year. Yes, we made the Super Bowl this year as we made it in the seasons of 1981 and 1988.  Did we make it back the next season to at least the AFC Championship the next season? NO. The issue is a CONTINUED success, dynasty can't be brought up ever with the Bengals ever. You can't even say we were the dynasty of our division. Players once reaching the pinnacle here at Cincy will move on.

For example the Miami Marlins a TWO TIMES World Champions in 1997 and 2003. Unfortunately for them, they can't keep a team for long because of finances.  Enter the Bengals a TWO TIMES AFC Champions and we could not keep it going.

I am sorry, I would love a Championship for the Bengals, but I am used to Dynasties. Forget the obvious Yankees dynasties. I was a NY Islander fan growing up and we dominated and had a dynasty in front of the more established better-financied NY Rangers. I was a Detroit Piston fan as well and we had a Dynasty especially of the Eastern Conference of the NBA. 

The Buffalo Bills were a dynasty of the AFC for a while and even though they never won an NFL Championship they were in contention year after year.  I could settle for a Miami Marlin type of history of winning it all in one year than breaking up for a number of years before winning it again, but they won the Championships each time they regrouped. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 07:57 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I don't know that we really know what he demands / approves in regards to the draft.  And the team hasn't done anything that says they're going to stop after this season making improvements.  The staff size grew significantly when Zac was hired.  There have been improvements in FA, in fan engagement.  It wasn't that long enough they re-did the weight room and I believe they are the only (or one of a couple) facilities with an MRI machine.  I guess I just feel like things have been getting on track.  Don't know if it's Mike himself stepping back, changing what he sees as necessary, other voices prodding.  But there are changes.  And I just think it's funny that anyone would talk about the way things were when it's irrelevant now.  My college had dial-up internet still in 2006.  But they don't know any more.  So it's silly of me to point out today that the school is backward because they had dial-up 15 years ago.  At that same time, you could sit in a smoking section in any restaurant in town.  It's different, so why bring up old things?  It doesn't prove any point other than the past is the past. 

I'm not on you specifically about these things.  It's more the players and people associated with the franchise in the past who keep bringing this crap up like it was just yesterday that the players had to walk uphill both ways in the rain to get a cold sammich for lunch before being forced to buy their own gatorade or milk the cow on the back 40 to have a drink.  I just think it's time for people to let go of the past as the only indicator of the present or future. 

Not sure why those complaining about Carson are stating he is just bringing up negative stuff?  He was asked a question and then asked to provide examples?  And this was on a show of a former NFL player that continuously focuses on supporting players and calls out organizations that fail at times in supporting them.  Maybe folks need to research instead of taking someone else's skewed take? But what do I know?

I think we all acknowledge that many improvements have been made recently, and those are great.  (Dallas is the only other team with a MRI.)

We still have a small scouting staff, not sure why anyone is againsy getting Duke some more help?

We have the worst practice facility in the league and it is not close - today, not in the past.  We practice on a 2 acre lot under a highway bridge. Our "indoor facility" is the size of a basketball court.  Again today, not in the past.

Zach has said multiple times MB gave the approval to draft Chase. 

MB pushed for Carmen, and Paul Alexander was part of that process. I have heard others disagreed.  It was not a good pick with who else was available in my opinion.  The fact we have the worst oline in the league and he cant crack the starting lineup is a concern.  Here's an article discussing MB and drafting Carmen.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/bengals-get-mike-browns-guy-an-inside-look-at-their-pursuit-of-jackson-carman

Im thrilled with the season. Im thrilled with improvements. I simply want to be equal to the next to last team on the resources list.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 08:02 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: U maybe be right but class caught too so Palmer is a ass no doubt. As for Boomer he is borline , overrated for sure, he falls with Dalton

People jump on me for complaining about Mike Brown and yet you slam Boomer like this?  Same as Dalton?  

Guy was the league MVP, 4X All Pro and took us to a Super Bowl.... 

Interested to know what Boomer really did to piss you off...?  LOL
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 08:10 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: The issue is not 2022, but what happens after this year. Yes, we made the Super Bowl this year as we made it in the seasons of 1981 and 1988.  Did we make it back the next season to at least the AFC Championship the next season? NO. The issue is a CONTINUED success, dynasty can't be brought up ever with the Bengals ever. You can't even say we were the dynasty of our division. Players once reaching the pinnacle here at Cincy will move on.

For example the Miami Marlins a TWO TIMES World Champions in 1997 and 2003. Unfortunately for them, they can't keep a team for long because of finances.  Enter the Bengals a TWO TIMES AFC Champions and we could not keep it going.

I am sorry, I would love a Championship for the Bengals, but I am used to Dynasties. Forget the obvious Yankees dynasties. I was a NY Islander fan growing up and we dominated and had a dynasty in front of the more established better-financied NY Rangers. I was a Detroit Piston fan as well and we had a Dynasty especially of the Eastern Conference of the NBA. 

The Buffalo Bills were a dynasty of the AFC for a while and even though they never won an NFL Championship they were in contention year after year.  I could settle for a Miami Marlin type of history of winning it all in one year than breaking up for a number of years before winning it again, but they won the Championships each time they regrouped. 

(02-10-2022, 08:12 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Not sure why those complaining about Carson are stating he is just bringing up negative stuff?  He was asked a question and then asked to provide examples?  And this was on a show of a former NFL player that continuously focuses on supporting players and calls out organizations that fail at times in supporting them.  Maybe folks need to research instead of taking someone else's skewed take? But what do I know?

I think we all acknowledge that many improvements have been made recently, and those are great.  (Dallas is the only other team with a MRI.)

We still have a small scouting staff, not sure why anyone is againsy getting Duke some more help?

We have the worst practice facility in the league and it is not close - today, not in the past.  We practice on a 2 acre lot under a highway bridge. Our "indoor facility" is the size of a basketball court.  Again today, not in the past.

Zach has said multiple times MB gave the approval to draft Chase. 

MB pushed for Carmen, and Paul Alexander was part of that process. I have heard others disagreed.  It was not a good pick with who else was available in my opinion.  The fact we have the worst oline in the league and he cant crack the starting lineup is a concern.  Here's an article discussing MB and drafting Carmen.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/bengals-get-mike-browns-guy-an-inside-look-at-their-pursuit-of-jackson-carman

Im thrilled with the season. Im thrilled with improvements. I simply want to be equal to the next to last team on the resources list.

I'm not at all against the team continuing to improve. That would be asinine. My point is that no one should be accusing the org of anything until we see. If they just drop the ball this offseason and rest on their laurels from this season then yes, drop some negativity. But their recent trends suggest they're trying to write a new narrative. Let's see before we start talking about how they're not doing enough.

And I have listened to many of Palmer's interviews. And Pat's. I'm not just going off comments made in this thread for my information. And I think both McAfee need to chill out with their narratives. And especially the week of the SB, it's just weird and distracting and has zero to do with where the team is this season or this week or what will happen this spring/summer. It's like people can't let it go and just be happy. Oh it's cool they made the SB, buuuuut, they shouldn't be here because they served soup out of old shoes and don't have an indoor practice facility. I dunno, I just don't get it.

But there are 5 pages in this thread about a former player who's taken plenty of digs on the org. I used to like Palmer. I don't any more. And I think I'll focus on the game instead of letting his comments bug me. Because I just want to celebrate this week and have some fun with it. The offseason will start next week...
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow won a Heisman Trophy, was the first overall draft pick and led his team to the Super Bowl.

Carson Palmer won a Heisman Trophy, was the first overall draft pick and quit on his team.

Carson probably has conflicted feelings and he wants to deflect the blame.  Football has changed a lot over the years.  Players used to wear leather helmets without face masks.  Carson’s stories about what happened twenty years ago are interesting, but don’t apply to the current team.

Carson is basically making the rounds selling snake oil.  I laughed at the end when Pat McAfee rubbed that crap onto his face and his eyes started burning.  Carson is prompting Pat to tell the audience how good it feels.  Pat forgets the name of the product and ends the show saying he needs to get into the shower to wash it off.
Reply/Quote
In this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoeALdTHUNg Carson the quitter is basically saying Joe should leave if they don't go out and continue to improve the team on the 8 minute mark.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 09:09 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: Joe Burrow won a Heisman Trophy, was the first overall draft pick and led his team to the Super Bowl.

Carson Palmer won a Heisman Trophy, was the first overall draft pick and quit on his team.

Carson probably has conflicted feelings and he wants to deflect the blame.  Football has changed a lot over the years.  Players used to wear leather helmets without face masks.  Carson’s stories about what happened twenty years ago are interesting, but don’t apply to the current team.

Carson is basically making the rounds selling snake oil.  I laughed at the end when Pat McAfee rubbed that crap onto his face and his eyes started burning.  Carson is prompting Pat to tell the audience how good it feels.  Pat forgets the name of the product and ends the show saying he needs to get into the shower to wash it off.

Burrow has been great this year, but are you honestly pretending that the biggest difference between that time and this time is Palmer/Burrow and not a GIGANTIC 180 on FA approach?

Bell
Reader
Awuzie
Hilton
Hendrickson
Ogunjobi
Reiff

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 06:32 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Pat asked him about his time with the Bengals. Pat has crapped on MB for years (rightfully so in some of our opinions).  

Carson likes this team, he was on another show talking about Burrow and the defense free agents, I'll try to find it.

It is really weird seeing people defend MB after the last 30 years in which so many of us had legitimate reasons to complain?  Carson was referring to a portion of that era, when asked.  Context is important obviously with some of the replies.

I guess I think of it as we have had 1 year in 31 with a playoff win - hell a SB run. It's fantastic.  But in 31 years how crazy are the odds that one team can put together a run despite having the least resources?  The players bargaining agreement forced owners to spend way more money on salaries, which is part of the reason we did (not saying it is 100%), and we still have the tiniest scouting dept and the only team without a facility.   

Lets do all we can to sustain this success - improve draft pics and build a facility we can call home - it wont persuade FA's but it shows commitment that a SB team, a Joe Burrow team, deserves. 
Now is not the time. We are about to play on the biggest stage in entertainment and a cry baby is crying....... Times have changed so there is no need to shit all over people..Move on
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 07:33 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I definitely remember your screen name.  

So here are my takes with scouting.

We have ONE guy that does analytics, but apparently he is doing a good job.  According to ESPN every other team has a handful, not sure of the impact one way or the other?

We have 6 FT time scouts now, by far the fewest in the league, and our divisional rivals best us 3-1 numbers-wise.
Which would not be an issue for me if the following hadnt occurred:

3 1st round busts in 4 years (2015-2018) - a killer for a small market team.

Only ONE solid Oline starter drafted in the last 10 years.  - Inexcusable for any team.

I am really frustrated that a man who has shown he is incompetent when it comes to identifying talent and other facets still demands to have final approval over draft picks and to choose draft picks at 86 years of age.  (I understand he is the owner and always believed he is a great GM)

Carmen was not a good pick with others still on the board like Cosmi, Creed and others - would really like to know if the rumor that Pollack wasnt thrilled is true.  MB and Paul Alexander's great idea.  I do have faith he will productive eventually.  

I dont want moan and gripe during SB week, I simply want us to be on a level playing field with the 2nd worst team resources-wise. 

Tied for last with scouts, build the worst practice facility, and retire MB from any and all decision making, these would make me happy.
We are getting ready to play in the Super Bowl and in everyone of your posts, you sound like MB single handedly ruined your life. 
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 08:10 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: The issue is not 2022, but what happens after this year. Yes, we made the Super Bowl this year as we made it in the seasons of 1981 and 1988.  Did we make it back the next season to at least the AFC Championship the next season? NO. The issue is a CONTINUED success, dynasty can't be brought up ever with the Bengals ever. You can't even say we were the dynasty of our division. Players once reaching the pinnacle here at Cincy will move on.

So now we are predicting the future?
Reply/Quote