Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Carson Palmer
(02-10-2022, 03:48 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I think we can be choosy who we want our meals to be made by, that is the point Carson was trying to make, and most would prefer something from a professional, reputable entity.

Ok, I think you're missing the context of the statement....i mean I HOPE you're missing the context of the statement.  

Palmer could've said "They didn't have quality workers preparing the meals"....nobody would disagree.  

Palmer instead to call out the "ex cons" preparing the food as the reason why he wouldn't eat it. 

He also said they were caught "mixing hot chocolate in a mop bucket" and it was all over the news.....I googled my hardest and didn't find anything on that.

The entire interview is cringe.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 04:00 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Just Confirms that Palmer will never be in our ring of honor, Dalton on the other hand maybe

Neither should be if they are going to keep it somewhat exclusive. Both were good QBs but they need to raise the bar. Only Kenny, Boomer and eventually Burrow (after the SBs wins) should be the only ROH QBs.
Reply/Quote
I’ve drank from worse. More than once.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 12:38 PM)basballguy Wrote: If you listen to the interview it really paints quite the picture of Palmer.  

He had some valid gripes but one that really rubbed me the wrong way was where he said (paraphrasing):  "Me and the guys would rather eat four P&J sandwiches a day than eat a meal cooked by those ex cons Mike Brown hired because he was cheap"

Screams of someone who grew up in a bubble.

Actually... he said "Me and the guys would rather eat four P&J sandwiches a day than eat a meal cooked by those ex cons WITH CIGARETTES HANGING OUT OF THEIR MOUTHS Mike Brown hired because he was cheap"

He also said everyone hated not having a practice facility.  They had to go to Mason at the time to a kids soccer facility with low ceiling.

It is an absolute disgrace that we are the only NFL team without a facility. And please do not come back with the UC bubble or there is no space because of the concrete plant.  Centre College in Danville, KY has a facility.  High Schools now have them. Carolina is building a >$100M facility on 277 acres - but the impressive part is that they built a temporary indoor facility while that one is being constructed. 

I do not care about the deal with the City, that excuse has gone on for years and only the Patriots facility is located next to their stadium.

Bengals, prior to this awesome season, had a net worth of $2.4B, plenty of equity to make something happen.

Another option is to partner with a corp sponsor, other teams do this.

We need a home with our logo slapped on it. Doesnt have to be a great facility with pools and things like other teams. Just the worst facility in the league would suffice for now. Anything is better than a goat pasture under a highway bridge or a basketball court covered in carpet.

I dont have an issue with Carson wanting more from ownership, we most likely rank on the low end of resources, with the exception of an in stadium MRI.  But we have them, and we should at least have a real practice facility.

Just my opinion and hoping this season moves us quicker to a facility and increased scouting (college-wise).
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 02:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: Seems so odd. I read an article the other day about him cheering for the Bengals, praising the fans, and saying he may even attend the game.

He said he is cheering for the Bengals, thinks Burrow is amazing. He also said he doesnt have any animosity and still talks with people at the Bengals.  But he has seen other teams and we simply dont stack up resource-wise.  We have the only owner whose lone income is from the team and it is the owners responsibility to provide resources.

He was concerned that players are competing with a disadvantage and the fans deserve a consistent winner.  It wasnt nearly as bad as being portrayed.  Take off our rose colored fan glasses and it makes sense.
Reply/Quote
Timestamp of the video with Carson

https://youtu.be/wU2VPIrDP-g?t=12137
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 12:27 PM)34inXXIII Wrote: Houshmandzadeh said the team was given used jock straps, which is equally as absurd but we like him so don't question it or his motives. Whatever

...because TJ doesn't take shots every chance he gets. It makes what he says have more merit, while Carson often comes off as a lover scorned.

I was just watching an interview where he was shredding the FO in a backhanded sort of way. The gist was that we got to the Super Bowl despite the FO. They don't spend. Our roster is full of no-names.

He made sure to mention he was happy for the city and he was very complimentary of Burrow and Chase. But if we're to believe Palmer, it's "magic" that brought the Bengals here. Burrow and Chase dragged an average/cheap roster to the Super Bowl.

Bitter take is bitter.

Also, it's the timing. He bashed the Bengals before we took Burrow. He's bashing them before the Super Bowl. Lord knows we've had countless stars complain about the team, but Boomer, Chad, TJ, etc aren't running their mouths NOW.

CP has burned his bridge and is fine with that. Unlike other stars who have criticized the team, but still make it clear they're proud they were Bengals.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Btw, Carson is overrated by some, imo.

He's not Joe Burrow. He's not Aaron Rodgers. The guy averaged over 16 ints per 16 games. Stats were often Andy Dalton-ish, but people looked past that.

He was closer to Drew Bledsoe, except he never made a Super Bowl. Both had the "look". Both flashed immense potential. Both routinely disappointed and threw bone headed picks.

He bordered on great when he was at his best, but that didn't happen enough. Did the FO fail him a bit from 2007 to 2010? Probably. Should he shoulder some of the blame himself? Yep. He won't though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
To me Carson wasnt really the same after the ACL, despite the stats.

That said, one year at training camp in Georgetown immediately after practice, Carson was surrounded by reporters, no fans, in a fenced area. My 5 year old son walked through the open gate over to the group hoping to get Carson's autograph when he finished. A guard or whatever saw him and shoo'ed him away walking him back to the gate. Carson saw it, stopped his answering and said "Hey! Let him come over here." Carson got down on one knee and talked to my kid for 3-4 minutes making reporters wait. Something he and I will always remember.
Reply/Quote
Palmer burnt his bridges pretty thoroughly with the team AND the fans. Ironically his holdout and trade helped build the team that made 5 consecutive playoff appearances as we used the two picks to get Dre Kirkpatrick and Gio Bernard.

As to his play, he had the one good season in 2005 and looked decent in 06, but remember the P6P nickname occurred for good reason.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 05:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: ...because TJ doesn't take shots every chance he gets. It makes what he says have more merit, while Carson often comes off as a lover scorned.

I was just watching an interview where he was shredding the FO in a backhanded sort of way. The gist was that we got to the Super Bowl despite the FO. They don't spend. Our roster is full of no-names.

He made sure to mention he was happy for the city and he was very complimentary of Burrow and Chase. But if we're to believe Palmer, it's "magic" that brought the Bengals here. Burrow and Chase dragged an average/cheap roster to the Super Bowl.

Bitter take is bitter.

Also, it's the timing. He bashed the Bengals before we took Burrow. He's bashing them before the Super Bowl. Lord knows we've had countless stars complain about the team, but Boomer, Chad, TJ, etc aren't running their mouths NOW.

CP has burned his bridge and is fine with that. Unlike other stars who have criticized the team, but still make it clear they're proud they were Bengals.

Hearing the truth can but tough sometimes.  I've known a few players, rented to one.  They all seem to be the same, no one dislikes MB, but our resources are the worst, and before Katie were most likely laughing stock worthy.  

Coach class middle seat airline tickets for FA visits (340lb NG in 1997) ... didnt provide towels for showers (long ago), etc. 

Not sure if some weren't around or dont remember fans forming the Who Dey Revolution, MikeBrownSucks, SavetheBengals.com, planes flying over the stadium with banners.  There really is no defense of MB's past actions.  Carson isnt the only player who has voiced this opinion - we were the first with loyalty clauses because of MB's cheapness.   Lee Johnson, Kitna, Blake, Pikens, Spikes
 come to mind.

Again, Katie has shored up most, if not all of the silliness.  Still need a facility and more scouts, IMO.
Reply/Quote
Well guess who's going to the Super Bowl, "THE CART" and guess who isn't?
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 06:13 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Well guess who's going to the Super Bowl, "THE CART" and guess who isn't?

Katie has improved things drastically. However, the players and the coaches have outperformed ownership.  They need to step up with continued Free Agency moves, more college scouts, and a practice facility.  Sustain the success with this young group.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 06:13 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Hearing the truth can but tough sometimes.  I've known a few players, rented to one.  They all seem to be the same, no one dislikes MB, but our resources are the worst, and before Katie were most likely laughing stock worthy.  

Coach class middle seat airline tickets for FA visits (340lb NG in 1997) ... didnt provide towels for showers (long ago), etc. 

Not sure if some weren't around or dont remember fans forming the Who Dey Revolution, MikeBrownSucks, SavetheBengals.com, planes flying over the stadium with banners.  There really is no defense of MB's past actions.  Carson isnt the only player who has voiced this opinion - we were the first with loyalty clauses because of MB's cheapness.   Lee Johnson, Kitna, Blake, Pikens, Spikes
 come to mind.

Again, Katie has shored up most, if not all of the silliness.  Still need a facility and more scouts, IMO.

But it's 2022.  If we're really and truly embarrassed by something that happened 24 years ago, I don't the Brown family and the Bengals are the problem.  At some point, it's time to let it go.  I've been plenty embarrassed over the years about a lot of things Bengal related.  But I think they've taken steps in the past few years that show a change.  They haven't said - or shown - they're done making changes, so I'm willing to give them a little grace on this.  If anyone else wants to keep living in the past, that's fine.  Personally, I'm enjoying the changes and the fact that we're just a few days away from the Super Bowl that we're in, and not having to have discussions about where their practice field is or whether they might grab an old washed up player in FA.  The times they are a changin' and it's great to be here to see it and celebrate. 
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 06:13 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Hearing the truth can but tough sometimes.  I've known a few players, rented to one.  They all seem to be the same, no one dislikes MB, but our resources are the worst, and before Katie were most likely laughing stock worthy.  

come to mind.

My problem isn't with what he's saying. It's when he's said it, and also the fact that other players have maintained a relationship with the team while Palmer does not.

Most of what you mention is ancient history, and if Palmer had any interest in the actual "truth", he'd be honest about the Bengals' spending spree over the last couple years, instead of pretending Burrow led a weak roster to the big game.

I've never had an issue with any of the players who spoke out in the past. Carson just comes off as bitter though, and frankly looks stupid talking about "cheapness" with a team that's readying for the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 06:20 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: But it's 2022.  If we're really and truly embarrassed by something that happened 24 years ago, I don't the Brown family and the Bengals are the problem.  At some point, it's time to let it go.  I've been plenty embarrassed over the years about a lot of things Bengal related.  But I think they've taken steps in the past few years that show a change.  They haven't said - or shown - they're done making changes, so I'm willing to give them a little grace on this.  If anyone else wants to keep living in the past, that's fine.  Personally, I'm enjoying the changes and the fact that we're just a few days away from the Super Bowl that we're in, and not having to have discussions about where their practice field is or whether they might grab an old washed up player in FA.  The times they are a changin' and it's great to be here to see it and celebrate. 

Agreed....heard something the other day on the radio where Bob Trumpy was noting the big changes brought about by Mike in 1982. The parallels were quite amazing between then and the current renewed vigor being displayed by the front office. Hell, we're a mom and pop shop, I think it's pretty cool that they've made three super bowls when you really stop and think about it....and I've been a very harsh critic over the years. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 06:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: My problem isn't with what he's saying. It's when he's said it, and also the fact that other players have maintained a relationship with the team while Palmer does not.

Most of what you mention is ancient history, and if Palmer had any interest in the actual "truth", he'd be honest about the Bengals' spending spree over the last couple years.

I've never had an issue with any of the players who spoke out in the past. Carson just comes off as bitter though, and frankly looks stupid talking about "cheapness" with a team that's readying for the Super Bowl.

Pat asked him about his time with the Bengals. Pat has crapped on MB for years (rightfully so in some of our opinions).  

Carson likes this team, he was on another show talking about Burrow and the defense free agents, I'll try to find it.

It is really weird seeing people defend MB after the last 30 years in which so many of us had legitimate reasons to complain?  Carson was referring to a portion of that era, when asked.  Context is important obviously with some of the replies.

I guess I think of it as we have had 1 year in 31 with a playoff win - hell a SB run. It's fantastic.  But in 31 years how crazy are the odds that one team can put together a run despite having the least resources?  The players bargaining agreement forced owners to spend way more money on salaries, which is part of the reason we did (not saying it is 100%), and we still have the tiniest scouting dept and the only team without a facility.   

Lets do all we can to sustain this success - improve draft pics and build a facility we can call home - it wont persuade FA's but it shows commitment that a SB team, a Joe Burrow team, deserves. 
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 12:08 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Said on Pat Mcafee that they were serving players hot chocolate out of a mop bucket. If true deplorable if false Bengals should sue Carson for defamation. Jackass Palmer probably lying we should sue. Just a bitter player throwing shade because someone else accomplishing something he couldn't.

I've watched that clip several times for one reason. McAfee putting that CBD rub on his face. One of the funniest things i've ever seen. 

Plus, he says "you can tri to get bi, but i might trap you" which is something me and a coworker say to each other all the time. 

Funny funny shiz.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Carson has always said a looooot of good things about the city and the fans. It's the way the organization was run that he didn't like...just like most of the fans pre-the last couple years. Most fans just don't want to hear it.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 06:20 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: But it's 2022.  If we're really and truly embarrassed by something that happened 24 years ago, I don't the Brown family and the Bengals are the problem.  At some point, it's time to let it go.  I've been plenty embarrassed over the years about a lot of things Bengal related.  But I think they've taken steps in the past few years that show a change.  They haven't said - or shown - they're done making changes, so I'm willing to give them a little grace on this.  If anyone else wants to keep living in the past, that's fine.  Personally, I'm enjoying the changes and the fact that we're just a few days away from the Super Bowl that we're in, and not having to have discussions about where their practice field is or whether they might grab an old washed up player in FA.  The times they are a changin' and it's great to be here to see it and celebrate. 

I guess I dont understand this as I have clearly stated in almost every post that Katie has shored up most things nowadays?

Also, Carson was asked the question and if you know Pat you understand why.

Everyone is happy with the current changes but I'm not sure that not being embarrassed is the only bar we want to achieve?

I have hope we continue to improve and have faith that we will. I would like for MB to remove himself totally from the team decision wise.  Not 100% sure if the facility issue is him or adding scouts but i'd bet the house it was.  And the fact that he still demands to approve and even choose players in the draft would be comical if it wasnt so sad.  
Reply/Quote