Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Carson Palmer
(02-10-2022, 06:26 PM)Wyche Wrote: Agreed....heard something the other day on the radio where Bob Trumpy was noting the big changes brought about by Mike in 1982. The parallels were quite amazing between then and the current renewed vigor being displayed by the front office. Hell, we're a mom and pop shop, I think it's pretty cool that they've made three super bowls when you really stop and think about it....and I've been a very harsh critic over the years. 

This is Mike's first SB.  Paul took us to 2.  Not arguing, just saying.  And Im very happy for Katie and her efforts.  I will not forget/forgive MB for his absolute cheapness and incompetence the last 30 years - I am thankful he never moved the team.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 05:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Btw, Carson is overrated by some, imo.

He's not Joe Burrow. He's not Aaron Rodgers. The guy averaged over 16 ints per 16 games. Stats were often Andy Dalton-ish, but people looked past that.

He was closer to Drew Bledsoe, except he never made a Super Bowl. Both had the "look". Both flashed immense potential. Both routinely disappointed and threw bone headed picks.

He bordered on great when he was at his best, but that didn't happen enough. Did the FO fail him a bit from 2007 to 2010? Probably. Should he shoulder some of the blame himself? Yep. He won't though.

Man I remember when Google would suggest "Pick Six Palmer" as like the second or third choice after typing "Pick Six"  

Palmer injected life into the franchise and had some great statistical years but I'd take Dalton's attitude and TD/INT ratio over Palmer.  Dalton at least accepted he'd never be better than a top 10 QB.  Palmer acted like a Top 5 QB without producing like one.  

If he's still allowed to be butthurt over the organization, then fans are still allowed to be butthurt over him quitting on the franchise.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
I don't know what some of you guys are talking about. Ive seen numerous interviews with him these past few days and he has been nothing but complimentary to the fans of Cincy and current players. He also picked the Bengals to win the Super Bowl. You also have to see how these interviewers lead him with questions. No problem with Carson from me.. he's an ex QB, I loved him when he was here.... but Joe is the man and we have a QB that is more exciting than anything to come to Cincy in decades!!

I think some of you guys are still salty, like an old girlfriend who cheated on you with your best friend. LOL
Reply/Quote
Carson Palmer was never the same after his injury. First he lost his ACL then he lost his mind. Seriously what other former Bengal is constantly in the news for bashing the Bengals for such petty shit? Of all the divas we signed, Palmer is the only one to complain about this. Did they also serve coffee out of a bucket? Did he expect a warm blanket with his hot chocolate too? This is the softest statement I’ve ever heard from an NFL player.
Reply/Quote
Carson is a quitter and who cares what he says to try and stay relevant.

He was a flash in the pan and history will not remember him well.

Somebody throw some garbage on his yard. Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Dude, that bit with the CBD cream was hilarious

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 12:08 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Said on Pat Mcafee that they were serving players hot chocolate out of a mop bucket. If true deplorable if false Bengals should sue Carson for defamation. Jackass Palmer probably lying we should sue. Just a bitter player throwing shade because someone else accomplishing something he couldn't.

I saw about 2 minutes of that interview. CP9 looking like a bitter, washed up NFL player who, despite having the talent, just didn't have the IT factor. 

Joe Burrow? He exudes IT FACTOR. And, imho, CP9 cannot stand it. He has a giant chip on his shoulder and has done nothing but bad mouth the Bengals since before he left.

So, on that note? I take anything CP9 says with the tiniest grain of salt. Actually, I should take it with a lot of salt bc that mofo is sallllttttayyyy.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 06:45 PM)casear2727 Wrote: This is Mike's first SB.  Paul took us to 2.  Not arguing, just saying.  And Im very happy for Katie and her efforts.  I will not forget/forgive MB for his absolute cheapness and incompetence the last 30 years - I am thankful he never moved the team.

....Mike was the assistant GM at the time, and was apparently grooming under Paul. Trumpy had been BLASTING them while he was in the media. Nancy Brown called Bob's wife and offered their family tickets, airfare, hotel, and their meals on the Bengals. All expenses paid. Bob was floored by the gesture after all of the trashing of the Bengals he had done. So, yeah, Paul was still in charge, but it was a dynamic similar to Mike and Katie of today's times. Straight from Trumpy's mouth on WLW. They had an interview from 1982 they were playing during the morning commute. 

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 06:58 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Carson is a quitter and who cares what he says to try and stay relevant.

He was a flash in the pan and history will not remember him well.

Somebody throw some garbage on his yard.  Ninja

LMFAO! I said the SAME THING about the trash yesterday. I think it was in the Rams subreddit. They were falling all over themselves about this interview.

They had no clue what they were talking about and actually thought CP9 was a legit source on all things Bengals. 

He is a washed up NFL QB that didn't have what it takes, regardless of his college career, etc. and rather than blaming himself, he chooses to blame the first NFL team he played for. 

Funny he doesn't do that with Arizona and his career ended there. Honestly, he is beyond whiny. He needs to get over it and be grateful already. Him going to anyone or on any podcast that will listen to him bellyache about the Bengals is beyond petty.
Reply/Quote
We can all find fault with the way Mike Brown has run the franchise. I certainly have.

But to try and rain all over The Bengals' parade at this moment is the ultimate cheap shot in my opinion.

Go away Carson. We barely remember you.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 06:49 PM)GodFather Wrote: I don't know what some of you guys are talking about. Ive seen numerous interviews with him these past few days and he has been nothing but complimentary to the fans of Cincy and current players.  He also picked the Bengals to win the Super Bowl. You also have to see how these interviewers lead him with questions. No problem with Carson from me.. he's an ex QB, I loved him when he was here.... but Joe is the man and we have a QB that is more exciting than anything to come to Cincy in decades!!

I think some of you guys are still salty, like an old girlfriend who cheated on you with your best friend. LOL

Where?? Everything I have seen has been super petty and negative. Almost hoping AD levels Joe Burrow...

Granted, I can only tolerate him in 2 minute increments because I find whiny men absolutely dreadful. When they are ungrateful, petty and whiny? That is damn near intolerable.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 06:42 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I guess I dont understand this as I have clearly stated in almost every post that Katie has shored up most things nowadays?

Also, Carson was asked the question and if you know Pat you understand why.

Everyone is happy with the current changes but I'm not sure that not being embarrassed is the only bar we want to achieve?

I have hope we continue to improve and have faith that we will. I would like for MB to remove himself totally from the team decision wise.  Not 100% sure if the facility issue is him or adding scouts but i'd bet the house it was.  And the fact that he still demands to approve and even choose players in the draft would be comical if it wasnt so sad.  

Yes, Mike wants to keep all facilities around PBS, so that is him. As for the scouting, Zac got them to hire the largest staff the Bengals have ever had. He brought in a few analytics guys, and some more eyes and ears to help scout. Zac seems to be a guy that wants his hands in everything....like the great Bill Parcells said, "if they want me to cook the meal, they oughta at least let me shop for the groceries." From all I've heard, he actually likes being hands on so he makes sure he gets the type of players he wants. The scouting isn't really as big an issue in 2022 is it was 20 years ago. Who knows, it might have even helped them when dealing with the COVID restrictions because they seem to have done REALLY well drafting and targeting FAs during the shutdowns. I've even read articles acknowledging that.

I'm not defending Mike at all, if you remember me from the old board, you'd know how hard I railed against him. I just changed my avatar from a disparaging image about Mike. Hell, it says Son of Paul in my sig, lol. That said, things are changing, and I think Katie, Elizabeth, and even Zac have a lot to do with it. Take the game balls for the fans for example. That shit goes a long way in mending fences.

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 07:12 PM)BengalB Wrote: Where?? Everything I have seen has been super petty and negative. Almost hoping AD levels Joe Burrow...

Granted, I can only tolerate him in 2 minute increments because I find whiny men absolutely dreadful. When they are ungrateful, petty and whiny? That is damn near intolerable.

That must be what you're looking for because he complimented the city and the fans in that very interview.

Some of you people need to get over it. When he left, the org was a shithole and did things like a mom and pop corner store would do things, in a box store world. 

People should have been applauding him for bringing all that petty, cheap bullshit to the forefront. 

As for this interview...he was asked questions and answered them. He wasn't looking to shit all over Cincinnati. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 12:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: Kind of on topic...but kind of off, the whole idea people can sue for defamation for everything is a huge misunderstanding in this country. Defamation is very hard to prove and almost always not worth it when dealing with public figures/entities. You have to first prove that the person saying the statement knowingly was saying something false AND was doing so with intent to cause damage. Carson can simply say it was a bucket that looked like a mop bucket, that is literally all he'd have to say. His interpretation of what it was is a good enough defense to end the whole discussion right there. The other issue here is damages must occur as a direct result of the statement, and in reality because our own organization has in fact been cheap in the past this would no further cause material damage to the organization than what has already happened to our reputation over the years.

Not a lawyer, so some of the minutia may be slightly off, but everyone always screams "sue!" and it's kind of wild.

Sir, you may not be a lawyer, but you are 100% correct. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 07:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yes, Mike wants to keep all facilities around PBS, so that is him. As for the scouting, Zac got them to hire the largest staff the Bengals have ever had. He brought in a few analytics guys, and some more eyes and ears to help scout. Zac seems to be a guy that wants his hands in everything....like the great Bill Parcells said, "if they want me to cook the meal, they oughta at least let me shop for the groceries." From all I've heard, he actually likes being hands on so he makes sure he gets the type of players he wants. The scouting isn't really as big an issue in 2022 is it was 20 years ago. Who knows, it might have even helped them when dealing with the COVID restrictions because they seem to have done REALLY well drafting and targeting FAs during the shutdowns. I've even read articles acknowledging that.

I'm not defending Mike at all, if you remember me from the old board, you'd know how hard I railed against him. I just changed my avatar from a disparaging image about Mike. Hell, it says Son of Paul in my sig, lol. That said, things are changing, and I think Katie, Elizabeth, and even Zac have a lot to do with it. Take the game balls for the fans for example. That shit goes a long way in mending fences.

Yep. What happened in the past is in the past. And it was really a thing. 

It's a new dey now. Run much better from the top down.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 07:15 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That must be what you're looking for because he complimented the city and the fans in that very interview.

Some of you people need to get over it. When he left, the org was a shithole and did things like a mom and pop corner store would do things, in a box store world. 

People should have been applauding him for bringing all that petty, cheap bullshit to the forefront. 

As for this interview...he was asked questions and answered them. He wasn't looking to shit all over Cincinnati. 

Right, like I noted earlier, it seems odd, because he had been kinda bullish on the Bengals in things I had read.

(02-10-2022, 07:16 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. What happened in the past is in the past. And it was really a thing. 

It's a new dey now. Run much better from the top down.

Yep.... exactly.

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 01:13 PM)Burreaux Wrote: I'd drink hot chocolate out of a toilet for 88 million. Carson is making excuses for why he left. Mike Brown surrounded Carson with weapons and he didn't get it done. He can blame it on hot chocolate or nasty food if he wants.

Sick
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 01:13 PM)Burreaux Wrote: I'd drink hot chocolate out of a toilet for 88 million. Carson is making excuses for why he left. Mike Brown surrounded Carson with weapons and he didn't get it done. He can blame it on hot chocolate or nasty food if he wants.

[Image: coronavirus-challenge-tiktok-toilet-seat...ng-759.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 07:15 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That must be what you're looking for because he complimented the city and the fans in that very interview.

His tone towards the Bengals as a management team was one that sounded like he still had a grudge.  If he's not over it then why should we be?  It's not like this thread was made randomly to shit on Palmer.  It was made because he's still griping.  

If he's gonna be a bitter old man then I'm going to be a bitter old fan.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 06:32 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Pat asked him about his time with the Bengals. Pat has crapped on MB for years (rightfully so in some of our opinions).  

Carson likes this team, he was on another show talking about Burrow and the defense free agents, I'll try to find it.

It is really weird seeing people defend MB after the last 30 years in which so many of us had legitimate reasons to complain?  Carson was referring to a portion of that era, when asked.  Context is important obviously with some of the replies.

I guess I think of it as we have had 1 year in 31 with a playoff win - hell a SB run. It's fantastic.  But in 31 years how crazy are the odds that one team can put together a run despite having the least resources?  The players bargaining agreement forced owners to spend way more money on salaries, which is part of the reason we did (not saying it is 100%), and we still have the tiniest scouting dept and the only team without a facility.   

Lets do all we can to sustain this success - improve draft pics and build a facility we can call home - it wont persuade FA's but it shows commitment that a SB team, a Joe Burrow team, deserves. 

The McAfee interview isn't what burned me up. That just burned Pat's face. I'm referring to this one:

I'm sure the CP guys will defend this as well, and CP does a good job of coming off friendly while he's subtlety bashing the FO, but it is what it is.

Again, why now? Before the Super Bowl? If you want to casually bash the Front Office for what happened during your tenure (that ended 11 years ago) in May or June? Fine. After a terrible year? Makes sense.

Before the Super Bowl? Seems like a weird time to bring up bad things that happened 11 to 17 years ago.

And again, I'd respect his take more if he didn't try to paint the Bengals as being cheap with the roster when they spent $200+ million on free agents over a 2 year span.

Keep your take fair and reasonable, or you come across as bitter.

Also, your past experience doesn't = how things are now. 2010 was a long time ago.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote