Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
O-line prediction - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: O-line prediction (/Thread-O-line-prediction)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: O-line prediction - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-06-2022

(03-06-2022, 12:39 AM)Au165 Wrote: That’s fine if he’s not okay with it, you cut him but I am not sure the plan would change that drastically. I don’t see them paying 10+ million a year for a center and the group below those guys I’m not sure are really much of an upgrade from Hopkins. I think he would take it though if you guarantee a decent amount of what you reduce it to.

That is the thing about Hop, he played pretty good once he got healthy last season and in the Playoffs against the top teams.

He is a dude I could live with keeping on the O-line as long as we upgrade the right side. Still think Brian Allen fits well along 
with Corbett and Moses on the right side. We will see what we do, I just don't think Hop takes a pay cut while we draft his 
possible replacement. We cut Waynes, Hopkins and other bottom tier players and even possibly letting Bates walk and we can 
afford a lot in Free Agency.

I hope to keep Bates and still get it done. He will have to be a bit humble on his contract though.

(03-06-2022, 12:39 AM)samhain Wrote: I want Salyer if we go guard, and he's a second/third round guy.  Everyone seems to love him.  If he's as good as people think, I don't see him having around that long.

Love Salyer as well. Wouldn't be against us doing the same thing we did with Carman and trading back and grabbing Salyer
while adding a pick or two.

RE: O-line prediction - Au165 - 03-06-2022

(03-06-2022, 12:48 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is the thing about Hop, he played pretty good once he got healthy last season and in the Playoffs against the top teams.

He is a dude I could live with keeping on the O-line as long as we upgrade the right side. Still think Brian Allen fits well along 
with Corbett and Moses on the right side. We will see what we do, I just don't think Hop takes a pay cut while we draft his 
possible replacement. We cut Waynes, Hopkins and other bottom tier players and even possibly letting Bates walk and we can 
afford a lot in Free Agency.

I hope to keep Bates and still get it done. He will have to be a bit humble on his contract though.

Love Salyer as well. Wouldn't be against us doing the same thing we did with Carman and trading back and grabbing Salyer
while adding a pick or two.

Brian Allen is the single reason the Bengals obliterated the Rams run game…keep his ass as far from here as possible.

RE: O-line prediction - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-06-2022

(03-06-2022, 12:53 AM)Au165 Wrote: Brian Allen is the single reason the Bengals obliterated the Rams run game…keep his ass as far from here as possible.

What is wild is he is usually a very good run blocker and not that good of a pass blocking Center...

Maybe it was just our run D was that good?

Are you saying you think Hop is better than Allen Au165?

If so, I disagree. I still think we can do better though, Allen is just what I expect. I want Bozeman, Daniels or Jensen if we go 
after a Center. Also don't mind if we go after Ben Jones. I just think the one position we need to attack in FA is RT with Moses
or Trent Brown.

Edit: And yeah Karras is also a thought at Center if we cut Hop.

RE: O-line prediction - pulses - 03-06-2022

(03-06-2022, 12:17 AM)samhain Wrote: No way he lasts past the second.  Not unless he gets caught smoking crack from a gas mask or something.  I could care less where he went to school.  
Talented, athletic left tackle prospect who needs more time to develop before he's ready for next-level edge attacks. Petit-Frere possesses clutch strength and mirror quickness in pass pro but is soft on his edges, which will be identified and attacked until his play strength and hand-fighting improve. His inability to stalemate stronger players with consistency is a real concern in any scheme. He has plus play traits at a high-priority position but erratic reps against Michigan's power and Penn State's quickness generate a "buyer beware" label on a high-floor, low-ceiling left tackle.

No thanks!!

(03-06-2022, 01:05 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What is wild is he is usually a very good run blocker and not that good of a pass blocking Center...

Maybe it was just our run D was that good?

Are you saying you think Hop is better than Allen Au165?

If so, I disagree. I still think we can do better though, Allen is just what I expect. I want Bozeman, Daniels or Jensen if we go 
after a Center. Also don't mind if we go after Ben Jones. I just think the one position we need to attack in FA is RT with Moses
or Trent Brown.

Edit: And yeah Karras is also a thought at Center if we cut Hop.

I want Daniels for center because he fits our scheme better than Jensen and Bozeman and he's also younger.

RE: O-line prediction - WVUHomer - 03-06-2022

(03-06-2022, 12:30 AM)samhain Wrote: We're picking late.  It's between him and some guys like Falele, Penning and Raimann who are projects/smaller school players.  I'll take the guy with all of the measureables from a top program all day.  It's a crapshoot either way with late first round tackles.

There's also Abraham Lucas and Rasheed Walker in rd 2. No need to force yourself into OT right now 

RE: O-line prediction - THE PISTONS - 03-06-2022

(03-06-2022, 12:29 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think if Daniels hits the market he is a Bengal. He is exactly what we need and he is young and extremely versatile.

James can play ALL of the interior positions well. A very valuable player.

I'd like this.

RE: O-line prediction - Soonerpeace - 03-06-2022

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/2022-nfl-combine-winners-day-2-ikem-ekwonu-breece-hall

RE: O-line prediction - THE PISTONS - 03-06-2022

(03-03-2022, 04:07 PM)Tomcat Wrote: Did a PFN Mock and got this with one trade #63 for #68 & 121 and this draft would go a long way in helping the line. Only did 5 rounds and i would be very happy if this happened.

CIN

Tyler Linderbaum
OC Iowa
CIN

Kyler Gordon
CB Washington
trade icon
CIN

Bernhard Raimann
OT Central Michigan
CIN

James Cook
RB Georgia
trade icon
CIN

Jamaree Salyer
OG Georgia

I see Raimann mocked at 31 some places...and Linderbloom going much higher too.

If you could get those 2, wow.

O-line prediction - Bronxbengal - 03-06-2022

(03-02-2022, 01:52 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: Ok here is mine:

LT- Williams
LG- Jackson Carmen
C- Bradley Bozeman- (Ravens) FA
RG- Mark Glowinski-(Colts) FA
RT- Nick Petit-Frere (Ohio ST)

backups- Prince, Hill, Smith, Draft pick C/G type , Johnson

Not another OSU lineman. This would be four in the past five years. Frere is not goos

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: O-line prediction - Dr.Z - 03-06-2022

I try to watch actual game tape and not just read online scouting reports, highlight tapes, and articles from the media. Those are fun and valuable too, but they can certainly lack objectivity and be wrong obviously when you revisit coverage from past drafts. I'm certainly not banging the drum for Petit-Frere , but he's an intriguing prospect who needs refinement but seems to get trashed, while guys from smaller schools get hyped and more of a pass on areas of improvement. I love Trevor Penning's upside and am extremely intrigued by him, but he had his struggles as well on tape, such as mental lapses, holding penalties (against relatively weaker competition), being too upright, etc. Also, does this "mean streak" stuff remind anyone of Tevon Jenkins from this time last year? I'm not saying P-F is a better pick (and probably isn't), but think he gets unfairly criticized relative to his peers. He was a 5 star recruit for a reason, so this is very hypothetical, but it makes me wonder what articles would look like if he had played for a small school and dominated lesser competition with his size/athletic profile he possesses.

RE: O-line prediction - Soonerpeace - 03-06-2022

After the combine the new mock drafts will be interesting. To me the WR and DL guys have moved up. I think the OL guys may drop so we may get a pretty good OT pick at #31. I’m not so sure we don’t even go again with another OL guard at #63. This staff if they’ve got a really good player they like at #31 that’s a ringer they will draft them even if not a OL guy.

RE: O-line prediction - samhain - 03-06-2022

All the Ohio State auto responses about petit Frere are lazy. Their logic more or less is that no good OL can come from school x because they've had guys that suck in the past.

By this logic we should never had taken Burrow in 2019. I mean, the last LSU qb to go number 1 was Russell, and he was an incredible and epic bust. Yeah, no thanks on LSU quarterbacks. We don't need Joe "Zac Mettenberger II" Burrow here. LOL. Completely disregarding a prospect based on what other players with the same college jersey did once upon a time does a disservice to your ability to build a team.

I'm not an OSU homer, but the guy is legitimately in the discussion at 31.

(03-06-2022, 09:25 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: There's also Abraham Lucas and Rasheed Walker in rd 2. No need to force yourself into OT right now 

Rasheed Walker in 2 would be a travesty. He won't be ready for 2 years.

(03-06-2022, 03:47 PM)samhain Wrote: All the Ohio State auto responses about petit Frere are lazy.  Their logic more or less is that no good OL can come from school x because they've had guys that suck in the past.

By this logic we should never had taken Burrow in 2019.  I mean, the last LSU qb to go number 1 was Russell, and he was an incredible and epic bust.  Yeah, no thanks on LSU quarterbacks.  We don't need Joe "Zac Mettenberger II" Burrow here.  LOL.  Completely disregarding a prospect based on what other players with the same college jersey did once upon a time does a disservice to your ability to build a team.

I'm not an OSU homer, but the guy is legitimately in the discussion at 31.

NO he's not stop drinking the kool aid.

Talented, athletic left tackle prospect who needs more time to develop before he's ready for next-level edge attacks. Petit-Frere possesses clutch strength and mirror quickness in pass pro but is soft on his edges, which will be identified and attacked until his play strength and hand-fighting improve. His inability to stalemate stronger players with consistency is a real concern in any scheme. He has plus play traits at a high-priority position but erratic reps against Michigan's power and Penn State's quickness generate a "buyer beware" label on a high-floor, low-ceiling left tackle.

Again No thanks!!

(03-06-2022, 03:54 PM)pulses Wrote: NO he's not stop drinking the kool aid.

Drinking what Kool Aid?  It's no worse than thinking converted tight ends and 400 pound rugby players are worth the pick.  He's got a combination of raw tools that others can't be taught.  A good OL coach can work with that sort of player.  If his jersey said Alabama or Georgia people wouldn't
'think twice about it.

It's worlds better than the Penn State tackle, who's fatal flaw is laziness, which for me is the automatic "no thanks".

(03-06-2022, 03:54 PM)pulses Wrote: NO he's not stop drinking the kool aid.

Again No thanks!!

Zero of these prospects are without need for further development at the NFL level.  Not one.  

RE: O-line prediction - Essex Johnson - 03-06-2022

If it comes down to paying Reiff 7 to 8 m and going after an upgrade in the 8 to 10 m , cut Reiff for sure.. he is getting old and missed the most time of the line with injury.

So here is my guess

FA: Don't sign Reiff , we resign Spain and sign a tackle and try to sign a center
Draft: we draft a K. Green or Z. Johnson 1st round, then draft center if none was taken in FA or a tackle if we got a FA center

(03-06-2022, 03:58 PM)samhain Wrote: Zero of these prospects are without need for further development at the NFL level.  Not one.  

You don't draft a guy at 31 thats gonna take 2 or 3 years before he is ready to possibly start....again no thanks!!!

(03-06-2022, 03:56 PM)samhain Wrote: Drinking what Kool Aid?  It's no worse than thinking converted tight ends and 400 pound rugby players are worth the pick.  He's got a combination of raw tools that others can't be taught.  A good OL coach can work with that sort of player.  If his jersey said Alabama or Georgia people wouldn't
'think twice about it.

It's worlds better than the Penn State tackle, who's fatal flaw is laziness, which for me is the automatic "no thanks".

Rasheed Walker is a 3rd/4th rounder whose gonna need 2 or 3 years as well before he is ready.