Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Burrow Recruiting Collins - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Burrow Recruiting Collins (/Thread-Burrow-Recruiting-Collins)

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 02:02 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The firewall holding up the deal is guaranteed money it seems.  

Of course it is.  Every f'n time.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - psychdoctor - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 02:04 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Of course it is.  Every f'n time.

It seems Bengals are not budging on this.  not good.  

(03-18-2022, 01:52 PM)basballguy Wrote: i think "played well" is the most accurate thing you can say about him.  He wasn't bad, he wasn't amazing.  

I was initially worried about bringing him in when he had the benefit of lining up next to a future HOF guard and bad ass blocking TE.  With the Karras signing I'm less worried about that now and I bet we see a similar performance from him.  

I hope we get something done.

How would you qualify Prince's performance at RT? Sure there are other options, but they are diminishing.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - psychdoctor - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 02:04 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: La'el Collins suspension: Federal court judge upholds penalty ahead of Cowboys vs. Patriots in Week 6 - CBSSports.com

Seems like it was for allegedly attempting to bribe the person responsible for conducting his drug screen.  Collins denied the allegations and tried to get an injunction against the NFL's suspension.

Sounds like the judge was pissed at both Collins and the NFL. 1) He thought Collins waited too long to file the injunction because he had already been suspended three of five games and would most likely miss the fourth. 2) He was pissed at the NFL for enforcing an arbitration ruling of a punishment the NFL may not have had the authority to impose under the CBA.

I don't know if Collins is telling the truth.  But, I know without doubt the NFL lies its ass off.

So if I understand correctly, Collins tested positive for cannabis, allegedly bribe drug screen staff.  If this is true, Bengals will stipulate in contract drug testing and consequence beyond that standard in NFL.  This also explains concerns regarding Guaranteed money.  

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - sandwedge - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 02:02 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The firewall holding up the deal is guaranteed money it seems.  

Where did you hear this?

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - bengals1969 - 03-18-2022

A couple days ago Collins could be had for low draft picks paying him balance on his contract. 
Now there is a bidding war?  Now lots of teams are in the mix?
I would think his agent this past week when discussing trade ideas with teams also discussed contract ideas should Collins be cut. His market  value was fairly well set by the day he was out. 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 02:09 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: So if I understand correctly, Collins tested positive for cannabis, allegedly bribe drug screen staff.  If this is true, Bengals will stipulate in contract drug testing and consequence beyond that standard in NFL.  This also explains concerns regarding Guaranteed money.  

I don't think they test for weed anymore. Correct me if I am wrong on that. 

As for guaranteed money being the hold up, that sounds like pure speculation, albeit a good guess. 

I am not optimistic this gets done. Sounds like Collins will go where the most money is, which likely won't be us. 

(03-18-2022, 01:56 PM)basballguy Wrote: LOL, he was also trying to bribe the test administrator.  

Collins was the only one that thought he was innocent.  

What is the evidence?

The NFL lied during Deflategate, Bountygate, and the Ray Rice thing.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - basballguy - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 02:07 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How would you qualify Prince's performance at RT? Sure there are other options, but they are diminishing.

I don't hate him at RT.  I honestly think he can be someone of Collins caliber if surrounded by the right people.  Though I think you can put almost anyone between Zach Martin and Dalton Schultz and they'd have a decent season.  

With Prince, I don't think we can depend on him to compensate for a lesser skilled player to his left or right but should be able to hold his own if he's lined up next to capable players.  If we don't sign Collins, bummer....but I wouldn't be too upset over it.  

I think Cappa and Karras instantly make Williams and Prince better.  This would the make or break year for both of them if they are left in as the starters.  

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - 3wt - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 02:16 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I don't think they test for weed anymore. Correct me if I am wrong on that. 

As for guaranteed money being the hold up, that sounds like pure speculation, albeit a good guess. 

I am not optimistic this gets done. Sounds like Collins will go where the most money is, which likely won't be us. 
My son is more optimistic, but I see it like you do.  More money and more guaranteed money will almost certainly end this.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Sled21 - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 02:04 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: La'el Collins suspension: Federal court judge upholds penalty ahead of Cowboys vs. Patriots in Week 6 - CBSSports.com

Seems like it was for allegedly attempting to bribe the person responsible for conducting his drug screen.  Collins denied the allegations and tried to get an injunction against the NFL's suspension.

Sounds like the judge was pissed at both Collins and the NFL. 1) He thought Collins waited too long to file the injunction because he had already been suspended three of five games and would most likely miss the fourth. 2) He was pissed at the NFL for enforcing an arbitration ruling of a punishment the NFL may not have had the authority to impose under the CBA.

I don't know if Collins is telling the truth.  But, I know without doubt the NFL lies its ass off.

Well if he signs here I hope he has that out of his system now.... so to speak. Ninja

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 02:22 PM)basballguy Wrote:
I don't hate him at RT.  I honestly think he can be someone of Collins caliber if surrounded by the right people.
  Though I think you can put almost anyone between Zach Martin and Dalton Schultz and they'd have a decent season.  

With Prince, I don't think we can depend on him to compensate for a lesser skilled player to his left or right but should be able to hold his own if he's lined up next to capable players.  If we don't sign Collins, bummer....but I wouldn't be too upset over it.  

I think Cappa and Karras instantly make Williams and Prince better.  This would the make or break year for both of them if they are left in as the starters.  

Hilarious

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Ell Prez - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 02:12 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: A couple days ago Collins could be had for low draft picks paying him balance on his contract. 
Now there is a bidding war?  Now lots of teams are in the mix?
I would think his agent this past week when discussing trade ideas with teams also discussed contract ideas should Collins be cut. His market  value was fairly well set by the day he was out. 

We don’t know why he wasn’t traded. He could have told every team he wants to re structure his contract so no one wanted to trade + resign.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Bengalpool - 03-18-2022

Where are these rumors coming from of guaranteed money being the issue? I've seen nothing like this anywhere outside of this thread..

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - BobJones4980 - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 02:05 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: It seems Bengals are not budging on this.  not good.  

Got a source or you just speculating? 

(03-18-2022, 02:26 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: Where are these rumors coming from of guaranteed money being the issue? I've seen nothing like this anywhere outside of this thread..

Just people jumping to conclusions is all. We will know something tonight. I expect us to get something worked out with Collins.

Man, our OL would be upgraded big time.

Jonah - Carman - Karras - Cappa - Collins

You never know we might add Tretter too and move Karras to LG.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - casear2727 - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 12:14 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I don't believe he has finished a year without missing games and last year he could not play in 5 games because of suspension, ive read a couple dallas articles that pointed out this is part of reason they decided not to sign him.  So if we do sign him make it short term not long term with the concerns he presents

You need to read more. The 1/2 year contract idea was beyond odd.   He will command a multi-year deal around 10M or more. He is very good.  

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Bengalpool - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 02:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just people jumping to conclusions is all. We will know something tonight. I expect us to get something worked out with Collins.

Man, our OL would be upgraded big time.

Jonah - Carman - Karras - Cappa - Collins

You never know we might add Tretter too and move Karras to LG.

I've heard nothing but positive vibes from people that actually have inside info. It's annoying to see so much misinformation being spread on our own board.

Paul Dehner Jr. said earlier today that we don't seem to be too interested in Tretter. Not yet anyway. Would be a dream. 

(03-18-2022, 02:30 PM)casear2727 Wrote: You need to read more. The 1/2 year contract idea was beyond odd.   He will command a multi-year deal around 10M or more. He is very good.  

Arguably better than Armstead and is younger without near as many injury questions.

Pay the man.

(03-18-2022, 02:32 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: I've heard nothing but positive vibes from people that actually have inside info. It's annoying to see so much information being spread on our own board.

Paul Dehner Jr. said earlier today that we don't seem to be too interested in Tretter. Not yet anyway. Would be a dream. 

We will see. I am not going to get depressed until something actually does or doesn't happen lol

I think if we aren't interested in Tretter it has to be because Pollack really likes what he sees from Karras at Center 
and I am fine with it. Either way the interior is upgraded big time and Collins is most likely going to solidify the right 
side as well. I am feeling the positive vibes myself Bengalpool.

Smirk