Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
We got hosed. - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: We got hosed. (/Thread-We-got-hosed)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: We got hosed. - rfaulk34 - 01-06-2023

(01-06-2023, 12:45 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Win one game and a coin flip instead of having zero control vs a team that has more wins, 2 less losses, less home games, and less overall games?

This thread is BS, with all due respect to my friend rfaulk.

It's all good. I get why you're upset. I, like you, think the Bengals would have punked the Bills and had a shot at #1, with #2 pretty much wrapped up.

Unfortunately, that game didn't happen and we are where we are. I trust in Burrow and the Bengals being the best team on the field when any ball is kicked off, so regardless of where a game happens, i'm looking forward to them kicking some ass. 

RE: We got hosed. - Bengalbug - 01-06-2023

(01-06-2023, 01:04 AM)Nepa Wrote: That is absolutely wrong. How many times do I have to say this?  Read the report. Only if the Bengals are the number 1 seed (i.e, Chiefs and Bills lose and Bengals win) would a game against the Chiefs be in a neutral site.  If the Chiefs are number 1, the Bengals play at Arrowhead. If the Bills are number 1, the Bengals play at Buffalo. 

It’s not if the bengals are the one seed. It’s in the event KC and Bills both lose.

RE: We got hosed. - Nepa - 01-06-2023

For those who keep insisting that the Bengals are guaranteed a neutral site for the AFCCC, here are the rules.

• If Buffalo and Kansas City both win or tie, a Bills-Chiefs championship game will be at a neutral site.

• If Buffalo and Kansas City both lose and Baltimore wins or ties, a Bills-Chiefs championship game will be at a neutral site.

• If Buffalo and Kansas City both lose and Cincinnati wins, a Bills or Bengals vs. Chiefs championship game will be at a neutral site.

Edit: REmoved my comment about Bengals being number 1 seed.

RE: We got hosed. - JaggedJimmyJay - 01-06-2023

(01-06-2023, 01:07 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: The bengals can’t get the one seed though, right?

If the Bengals win and the Bills/Chiefs both lose, then the Bengals join the “neutral site AFCCG” party. Not exactly the 1-seed for any of the three. Or jointly the 1-seed.

It’s “okay” I think. Just sorely lacking in the divisional round.

RE: We got hosed. - Rubekahn29 - 01-06-2023

(01-06-2023, 01:08 AM)Nepa Wrote: For those who keep insisting that the Bengals are guaranteed a neutral site for the AFCCC, here are the rules. (Hint: only if the Bengals are the number 1 seed, does a Bengals game go to the neutral site.)

• If Buffalo and Kansas City both win or tie, a Bills-Chiefs championship game will be at a neutral site.

• If Buffalo and Kansas City both lose and Baltimore wins or ties, a Bills-Chiefs championship game will be at a neutral site.

• If Buffalo and Kansas City both lose and Cincinnati wins, a Bills or Bengals vs. Chiefs championship game will be at a neutral site.

We still wouldn’t be number one seed. KC would be 1, we’d be 2, and Buffalo would be 3

(01-06-2023, 01:08 AM)Nepa Wrote: For those who keep insisting that the Bengals are guaranteed a neutral site for the AFCCC, here are the rules. (Hint: only if the Bengals are the number 1 seed, does a Bengals game go to the neutral site.)

I.e. If Bengals are number 1 seed, a championship game against KC would go to a neutral site. Against Buffalo it would be in Paycor. If not number 1 seed, any AFCCC game with KC or Buffalo would be at their stadiums.

I think your confused a little, no fault of your own. Scenario 3 does. It make us the one seed, but it keeps KC as the one and since we played an uneven number of games, it would go neutral.

Mixon seems to think we got Hosed and Katie Blackburn has already come out against it, but yeah you guys who think this sooo fair are right.

(01-06-2023, 01:11 AM)Nepa Wrote: Which is exactly what I stated.

What you exactly said was:

I.e. If Bengals are number 1 seed,…….

No worries bro.

(01-06-2023, 01:12 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I think your confused a little, no fault of your own. Scenario 3 does. It make us the one seed, but it keeps KC as the one and since we played an uneven number of games, it would go neutral.

And we would get a home game against Buffalo, so it would be the best but that’s not anywhere close to controlling our destiny for the 2 like we had on a Monday.

(01-06-2023, 01:10 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: We still wouldn’t be number one seed. KC would be 1, we’d be 2, and Buffalo would be 3

Yes, you are write.

I am going to go to sleep now. I'm too ticked off.  At least Katie Blackburn is fighting against this.

Bengals executive vice president Katie Blackburn is on the competition committee, which approved the scenarios Thursday. In a memo obtained by ESPN's Seth Wickersham, Blackburn urged the committee members to vote against the scenarios. 

RE: We got hosed. - mitano - 01-06-2023

All I get is the message from the NFL: don't show compassion to the other team, next time just keep playing or we don't let them go to the plane and continue to play on Tuesday.

(01-06-2023, 01:04 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I believe that if the Chiefs beat the Raiders, then the Bengals would play them in Arrowhead (as would have been the case anyway). I might be misunderstanding you though.

Ok, i just re-read it a bit closer. 

You are right. In order for Cin to play KC at a neutral site, KC has to lose Sat and Bengals have to win Sun. 

RE: We got hosed. - guyofthetiger - 01-06-2023

I see no fair solution coming out of the game being canceled. Thus, I will live with whatever the NFL decides. You should too.

(01-06-2023, 01:16 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I see no fair solution coming out of the game being canceled. Thus, I will live with whatever the NFL decides. You should too.

Doesn’t mean we can’t vent our frustrations about it.

(01-06-2023, 01:16 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ok, i just re-read it a bit closer. 

You are right. In order for Cin to play KC at a neutral site, KC has to lose Sat and Bengals have to win Sun. 

In addition to a bills loss as well, right?

(01-06-2023, 01:07 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: The bengals can’t get the one seed though, right?

Right. My mistake. I'm too emotional right now. Signing off.  This is just a ridiculous proposal for Bengals fans.

RE: We got hosed. - Science Friction - 01-06-2023

The Bengals should announce they are not playing on Sunday and force the NFL's hand to consider something else.

(01-06-2023, 01:17 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Doesn’t mean we can’t vent our frustrations about it.

It’s kind of the purpose of the message board, right? For discussion around the bengals, good bad and indifferent.

RE: We got hosed. - Science Friction - 01-06-2023

(01-06-2023, 01:18 AM)Nepa Wrote: Right. My mistake. I'm too emotional right now. Signing off.  This is just a ridiculous proposal for Bengals fans.

Shows little to no respect for the reigning AFC champions.

(01-06-2023, 01:12 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Mixon seems to think we got Hosed and Katie Blackburn has already come out against it, but yeah you guys who think this sooo fair are right.

**** it. I'm just gonna grab my popcorn, sit back and watch.