Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached (/Thread-Report-Tee-Higgins-could-be-traded-if-extension-can-t-be-reached)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached - Hammerstripes - 02-04-2023

(02-04-2023, 12:26 PM)Synric Wrote: Like it or not Creed Humphrey and Trey Smith were probably never on the Bengals board because they really don't fit that wide zone rush scheme. Then again they did go out and sign 3 guys with very little range and tried to run the wide zone...

I remember mentioning it when they signed Karras and Cappa that they were gonna probably run alot of the gap stuff like they did to finish 2021...I was wrong until they were forced into it lol.

He was a major injury concern.

RE: Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached - rfaulk34 - 02-04-2023

(02-04-2023, 01:14 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I’d give pittsburgh the edge. Then cincy

Pitt is good but not as good as the Bengals.

RE: Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached - casear2727 - 02-04-2023

(02-04-2023, 12:49 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: He was a major injury concern.

He was a health concern - blood clots in his lungs.  He played 2 full seasons after that diagnosis with no issues.  He was an upper round prospect who would be in risky in 2 or 3, but 6th round? 

We took Trey Hill and Chris Evans in the 6th round that year, ahead of Smith.  Evans was practically just as much of a risk and a terrible pick. Of all the RBs in college we draft one that had a total of 5 starts at RB in college.  

RE: Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached - Hammerstripes - 02-04-2023

(02-04-2023, 12:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Pitt is good but not as good as the Bengals.

They are much better in the middle rounds.  

RE: Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached - casear2727 - 02-04-2023

(02-04-2023, 12:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Pitt is good but not as good as the Bengals.

Pickett - Burrow, Pickens - Chase... Shady McCoy don't see the difference.

RE: Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached - Frank Booth - 02-04-2023

Pittsburgh is constantly churning out good receivers it’s ridiculous.

They keep drafting and hitting at that position

RE: Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached - JumboTron - 02-04-2023

We're talking about Shittsburgh why?

Everything they do is wrong, evil and abhorrent.

RE: Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached - Nicomo Cosca - 02-04-2023

(02-04-2023, 01:58 PM)JumboTron Wrote: We're talking about Shittsburgh why?

Everything they do is wrong, evil and abhorrent.

This guy gets it.

RE: Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached - rfaulk34 - 02-04-2023

(02-04-2023, 01:47 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Pittsburgh is constantly churning out good receivers it’s ridiculous.

They keep drafting and hitting at that position

Since 2010 i'd probably give Pitt the slight edge by having 4 plus WRs in Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders, Dionte Johnson and George Pickens. I'd also add in 2 more consistently productive WRs in JJSS and James Washington. In the same time frame i'd give the Bengals 4 plus WRs in AJ Green, Tyler Boyd, Tee Higgins and Ja'Marr Chase. I'd also add in 2 more consistently productive WRs in Marvin Jones and Mohamed Sanu. 

From there, going back to 1980, i'd give the Bengals the edge. 
Steelers:
'00- mike wallace, santonio holmes, plaxico burress
'90- hines ward
'80- louis lipps

Bengals:
'00- chad johnson, tj housh
'90- darnay scott, carl pickens, 
'80- tim mcgee, eddie brown, cris collinsworth

I think part of what you said about "keep drafting and hitting at that position" are the flash plays we've seen against the Bengals over the years and i think Big Ben was a reason some of those guys looked better than they might have somewhere else. 

RE: Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached - Frank Booth - 02-04-2023

(02-04-2023, 02:46 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Since 2010 i'd probably give Pitt the slight edge by having 4 plus WRs in Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders, Dionte Johnson and George Pickens. I'd also add in 2 more consistently productive WRs in JJSS and James Washington. In the same time frame i'd give the Bengals 4 plus WRs in AJ Green, Tyler Boyd, Tee Higgins and Ja'Marr Chase. I'd also add in 2 more consistently productive WRs in Marvin Jones and Mohamed Sanu. 

From there, going back to 1980, i'd give the Bengals the edge. 
Steelers:
'00- mike wallace, santonio holmes, plaxico burress
'90- hines ward
'80- louis lipps

Bengals:
'00- chad johnson, tj housh
'90- darnay scott, carl pickens, 
'80- tim mcgee, eddie brown, cris collinsworth

I think part of what you said about "keep drafting and hitting at that position" are the flash plays we've seen against the Bengals over the years and i think Big Ben was a reason some of those guys looked better than they might have somewhere else. 

Claypool was good too. You conveniently left him out

(02-04-2023, 01:05 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Pickett - Burrow, Pickens - Chase... Shady McCoy don't see the difference.

Shady is a ***** and a massive Bengals hater. lol

RE: Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached - Synric - 02-04-2023

I think a tag & trade scenario is more likely for Higgins.

(02-04-2023, 02:50 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Claypool was good too. You conveniently left him out

There wasn't anything conventient about it. No one was left out to make anything look better. I can see the argument that Claypool belongs in the JJSS class, but i also left out Chris Henry for the Bengals in the '00s. I'm sure you could find a few Bengals fans that would argue for him. 

I left Claypool off because he only did it for 2 years while i added Washington who did it for 4 years. 

(02-04-2023, 02:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There wasn't anything conventient about it. No one was left out to make anything look better. I can see the argument that Claypool belongs in the JJSS class, but i also left out Chris Henry for the Bengals in the '00s. I'm sure you could find a few Bengals fans that would argue for him. 

I left Claypool off because he only did it for 2 years while i added Washington who did it for 4 years. 

You threw Sanu into the wr hits for the 2010s bengals drafts. Claypool was better. So yea, you’re leaving him out to fit your narrative

(02-04-2023, 03:02 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: You threw Sanu into the wr hits for the 2010s bengals drafts. Claypool was better. So yea, you’re leaving him out to fit your narrative

lol. Wow. I try to have an honest conversation and you go 'dickmode'. That's fine. I won't make that mistake again. 

(02-04-2023, 03:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: lol. Wow. I try to have an honest conversation and you go 'dickmode'. That's fine. I won't make that mistake again. 

Lmao what? I’m not even being a dick. You left Claypool out of the discussion when talking about good receivers that Pittsburgh has drafted. You threw in Sanu for the bengals when Claypool is a better receiver.

I’m just saying. No need to leave the conversation

RE: Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached - QueenCity - 02-04-2023

I personally was only impressed with Claypool his rookie year... remember him doing lots of Jet Sweeps and found the endzone a lot.

Other than that he's been super mediocre IMO and things in Chicago won't help his case either.

(02-04-2023, 03:11 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I personally was only impressed with Claypool his rookie year... remember him doing lots of Jet Sweeps and found the endzone a lot.

Other than that he's been super mediocre IMO and things in Chicago won't help his case either.

Still, to say Claypool wasn’t a hit for Pittsburgh is just dishonest

RE: Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached - QueenCity - 02-04-2023

(02-04-2023, 03:14 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Still, to say Claypool wasn’t a hit for Pittsburgh is just dishonest

I recon but if the Steelers believed in him he wouldn't have been traded.  He's definitely better than Sanu I will agree with that. 

I obviously don't follow this guys career what do people consider him a #1, #2, or #3?  I think he objectivelly falls super short of #1 and you can make a case for #2

(02-04-2023, 03:20 PM)QueenCity Wrote: He's definitely better than Sanu I will agree with that. 

Well that’s all I was saying to rfaulk before he got offended for whatever strange reason

Steelers now have the 32nd or 33rd overall pick because of that trade with chicago

Great trade. They didn’t need Claypool with Pickens and Friermuth breaking out, and them being a run first team with a young Kenny pickett