Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
I'd love to keep him forever, but like I said this guy is getting a #1 WR spot and the money to go with it, eventually. Trading him would be a proactive move, so new dey it up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well his agent wasn’t easy to work with previously. So I’d imagine they aren’t going to go down that long wasted road again.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Welp.... We knew if everyone wanted Top $ a few would be gone
Reply/Quote
We'll have to see how it plays out, but yeah. The team is full of talent, and those guys will want to get paid big money. They won't be able to afford them all. Hopefully something can be reached with Tee.
Reply/Quote
The problem is without Tee the quality level of the WR corps takes a big dive. So we'd need a high pick for Tee since the pick would have to go to drafting a replacement.
Reply/Quote
I believe the reporter meant The Athletic.

From an article bt Paul Dehner taking about the roster things to take a look at over the off season/  In talking about a Tee Higgins potential extension

https://theathletic.com/4144464/2023/02/01/bengals-cap-extensions-mixon-boyd-higgins/

Quote:If the numbers are outrageous and it’s clear the two sides won’t see eye to eye, the Bengals could go the route taken by multiple teams in recent seasons and deal the receiver for a top draft pick and start the cycle over with a rookie receiver. A.J. Brown was dealt in Tennessee to Philadelphia for picks 18 and 101 last year. The first-round pick turned into receiver Treylon BurksMinnesota traded Stefon Diggs to Buffalo for the No. 22 pick, which turned into Justin Jefferson. Both veteran receivers promptly were given large extensions by the acquiring teams. There are other examples, but you get the point.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
"Could" "If"

meh. Report anything.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
I'm open to either possibility.

On one hand we should be able to get a high draft pick or more for Tee.
We could use these picks to get an elite pass rusher or OT (and have those players on rookie deals for 4years).
Lose Tee and gain an elite pass rusher or OT and our team is better in my opinion.
Lose Tee and gain a standout corner and rotational dlineman or WR and we are better.

On the other hand it's certainly nice to have Tee on our team. I like the guy and he brings a lot to the table.
Reply/Quote
I love Tee and would love for him to be here long term, but I’d rather trade him while his value is high and him walk. It was always going to be Joe and Jamarr and then whoever else.
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow could be traded.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Tee deserves to be paid like a top WR, not going to fault him for wanting to sign the best contract he can get.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
This gives me Titans-AJ Brown vibes.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
It should be noted that Paul Dehner said it was likley that Tee would play out his rookie if a deal wasn't reached and 2 he said IF Tee was asking for outrageous money. Not that Tee was asking for outrageous money!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 03:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Joe Burrow could be traded.

All snark aside, you're right.  This FO is more likely to watch Tee walk in FA to be a #1 WR elsewhere and see what sort of comp pick we get in return.

(02-03-2023, 03:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This gives me Titans-AJ Brown vibes.

Wouldn't that be more like trading Chase?  Isn't Tee our #2 WR?  Sure, we don't KNOW we're going to lose him, but are we really going to be able to keep him here as a #2 WR his whole career?
Reply/Quote
If Tee gets traded Chase will see a never
Ending look of being doubled covered downfield
Reply/Quote
Trading Tee is unfortunately what’s best for the overall team and roster. You can replace Tee like KC replaced Tyreek
Reply/Quote
We lose Tee and this team doesn't even sniff AFC Championship next year, mark it down.
Reply/Quote
No need to trade him this year. Let him play out the year if you can’t reach a deal. Then tag him next offseason and trade him. Tag only like $20 mil for wr this year I think. He’ll easily average that long term. Give it one more year before we start letting guys get away.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 04:08 PM)Tomkat Wrote: We lose Tee and this team doesn't even sniff AFC Championship next year, mark it down.

Hmmm, well when it comes time to negotiate his extension I hope he and his agent don't have this mindset.

(02-03-2023, 04:10 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: No need to trade him this year. Let him play out the year if you can’t reach a deal. Then tag him next offseason and trade him. Tag only like $20 mil for wr this year I think. He’ll easily average that long term. Give it one more year before we start letting guys get away.

Are we going to be able to afford $20+ million on a #2 WR?  When does this all shake out?  Don't we need to give Burrow and Chase a buttload of bucks?
Reply/Quote