Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached
(02-03-2023, 04:08 PM)Tomkat Wrote: We lose Tee and this team doesn't even sniff AFC Championship next year, mark it down.

The chiefs had no problem making the afc championship without Tyreek..

They had no problem making their roster better with the money saved and extra draft picks...

This team needs to take o-line a lot more seriously if they want to not fail deep in the post season
Reply/Quote
Worst case he plays next year and then gets tagged the following year.

He'd be smart to sign an extension this offseason.
Reply/Quote
Tee's response:

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 04:12 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Worst case he plays next year and then gets tagged the following year.

He'd be smart to sign an extension this offseason.

Why would he be smart to sign an extension this offseason?

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 04:08 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Trading Tee is unfortunately what’s best for the overall team and roster. You can replace Tee like KC replaced Tyreek

KC replaced a Top 5 WR with MVS, JuJu and Hardman. 

Honestly it shows the Bengals could trade Tee and Chase and be just fine if they take care or Burrow. Draft well and sign the occasional vet to fill a role and you're set.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 04:05 PM)impactplaya Wrote: If Tee gets traded Chase will see a never
Ending look of being doubled covered downfield

Chase is doubled often anyway? 

Is he less a WR than Diggs or JJ?

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 04:24 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: KC replaced a Top 5 WR with MVS, JuJu and Hardman. 

Honestly it shows the Bengals could trade Tee and Chase and be just fine if they take care or Burrow. Draft well and sign the occasional vet to fill a role and you're set.

They need to keep Chase

Hayden Hurst came here on a cheap 1 year deal and was more consistent and better in the playoffs than Uzomah. Cincy can do that same thing with receivers to replace Tee. There’s a bunch of talented receivers who would love to come here for a year or 2 for cheap and play with Burrow. It’s really the approach the front office should take
Reply/Quote
Joe and Tee will both be looking for 3 year deals. They won't want to sign for more than that because by then the Covid losses will be recouped, the gambling money established and the cap will go up astronomically from what it is doing this year.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 04:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Joe and Tee will both be looking for 3 year deals. They won't want to sign for more than that because by then the Covid losses will be recouped, the gambling money established and the cap will go up astronomically from what it is doing this year.

Burrow is hopefully signing a 10 year deal.  I see your point but it is either Joe's team or it isn't.  Longterm is what needs to happen and that is how we can afford him and still have a good team.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 04:33 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Burrow is hopefully signing a 10 year deal.  I see your point but it is either Joe's team or it isn't.  Longterm is what needs to happen and that is how we can afford him and still have a good team.

I think he mean Joe Mixon

Who they should cut because he isn’t good and it will free up 12 million
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 04:24 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: KC replaced a Top 5 WR with MVS, JuJu and Hardman. 

They have Kelce who us essentially a #1 WR. Losing both Higgins and Chase would be devastating. We can afford lose one but not both.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 04:35 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I think he mean Joe Mixon

Who they should cut because he isn’t good and it will free up 12 million

Mixon has 2 years left on his current deal....?  Joe Bachie maybe?

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 03:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd love to keep him forever, but like I said this guy is getting a #1 WR spot and the money to go with it, eventually. Trading him would be a proactive move, so new dey it up.

Trade for a good lineman and draft pick.... 
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 03:37 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I love Tee and would love for him to be here long term, but I’d rather trade him while his value is high and him walk. It was always going to be Joe and Jamarr and then whoever else.

It's what really good teams are forced to do. You have to make tough decisions, but those decisions have to be in the interest of competing for a SB every year.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 03:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Joe Burrow could be traded.

Ban

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 04:36 PM)J24 Wrote: They have Kelce who us essentially a #1 WR. Losing both Higgins and Chase would be devastating. We can afford lose one but not both.

And the Jags made the playoffs with Evan Engram, honestly the way the league is going right now and as much as I love Tee it would make more sense to invest in a top flight TE, and get an above average OL then fill the WR's role with draft picks and vets on short term deals. Gives a lot more flexability to the cap.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
The initial tweet was kind of misleading, Paul's response:

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 04:08 PM)Tomkat Wrote: We lose Tee and this team doesn't even sniff AFC Championship next year, mark it down.

Better do it with a pencil so it can be erased because that statement isn't true at all. 

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 04:42 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: And the Jags made the playoffs with Evan Engram, honestly the way the league is going right now and as much as I love Tee it would make more sense to invest in a top flight TE, and get an above average OL then fill the WR's role with draft picks and vets on short term deals. Gives a lot more flexability to the cap.

Evan Engram was the 2nd best TE in the league this year in terms of yardage

Im not big into investing a first rounder in TE. TE’s don’t make the same impact as receivers normally do

I remember when the bengals replaced Marvin Jones and Sanu with Lafell and Boyd. It didn’t work out as well because the o-line went down the tubes by that point, and Boyd didn’t become legit until 2018. But Lafell was fine.

I liked that move, and they should do something like that again. Bengals will be in better shape because the line will be better than the one in 2017, and Burrow is Burrow.
Reply/Quote
Under no circumstances can we afford to lose Tee or Chase

The only reason we have got close the past two years with the shambles of an o line we have is because we have two true wr1s inagine Burrow without one or the other having to scurry out the pocket praying to find someone.

Yes we won without Chase for a few games but they were poor teams under a full season we have no chance.

I’d trust Lou to make starters out of rough diamonds I would not trust Zac with anything other than an elite wr core and Burrow.

Unless we decide to go all in on a proper ol that will give Burrow all day even with the upgrades last season it was only an average line.
Reply/Quote