Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached
(02-03-2023, 06:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He averaged 92.75 Yards per game during the stretch. Justin Jefferson and Tyreek Hill were the only WRs in the NFL to finish with a higher Yards/game

In my opinion, Tee will never been a top 5 receiver and I dont think we should pay him like one. If he wants mid tier WR1 money maybe but not close to highest paid. 

I like Tee but he's about Mike Williams to me.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 04:42 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: And the Jags made the playoffs with Evan Engram, honestly the way the league is going right now and as much as I love Tee it would make more sense to invest in a top flight TE, and get an above average OL then fill the WR's role with draft picks and vets on short term deals. Gives a lot more flexability to the cap.
Both Zay Jones and  Christian Kirk had more Yards than Engram this season. Also Marvin Jones added over 500 yards as well. It's not like Engram was the #1 Guy there.
(02-03-2023, 05:00 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Under no circumstances can we afford to lose Tee or Chase

The only reason we have got close the past two years with the shambles of an o line we have is because we have two true wr1s inagine Burrow without one or the other having to scurry out the pocket praying to find someone.

Yes we won without Chase for a few games but they were poor teams under a full season we have no chance.

I’d trust Lou to make starters out of rough diamonds I would not trust Zac with anything other than an elite wr core and Burrow.

Unless we decide to go all in on a proper ol that will give Burrow all day even with the upgrades last season it was only an average line.
1.) I would say the defense was a major reason for our success.

2.) If we use all our money up on one position group. Then we are just as screwed; If not more!
(02-03-2023, 05:06 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Then you go short on defence and trust Lou to turn 5th/6th rounders in to starters.

Those 3 are the future of the franchise and have to be kept together.

To act like this defense didn't have any talent and Lou is the Merlin of all defensive coordinator is a tad off.
We arguably have the best NT, NB, to go along with two top 20 Safties,  two top 20 edges, 3 first & 2nd RD CBs, and a top 10 LB core. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 04:11 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: The chiefs had no problem making the afc championship without Tyreek..

They had no problem making their roster better with the money saved and extra draft picks...

This team needs to take o-line a lot more seriously if they want to not fail deep in the post season

they spent more over 60 million last year on 3 Oline, plus drafted last two years 4 Oline in first 4 rounds.. So that is SEVEN new bodies in 2 years, that is serious...It is not about taking it serious they are, it is about having your FAs work out and your draft picks that is where we are behind KC....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 05:00 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Under no circumstances can we afford to lose Tee or Chase

The only reason we have got close the past two years with the shambles of an o line we have is because we have two true wr1s inagine Burrow without one or the other having to scurry out the pocket praying to find someone.

Yes we won without Chase for a few games but they were poor teams under a full season we have no chance.

I’d trust Lou to make starters out of rough diamonds I would not trust Zac with anything other than an elite wr core and Burrow.

Unless we decide to go all in on a proper ol that will give Burrow all day even with the upgrades last season it was only an average line.

I disagree, they have and are investing in the line.. but Oline is harder to find than WRS.. we can find a good WR to replace TEE, and look at some really great QBS like Brady and Rogers they never had great two WRs, they were able to raise the game of the other WRS... Rogers lines were not that great and Brady rarely had alll pros on his line... 
Reply/Quote
I hope we can sign Tee, great WR and seems like a great guy.

If not, he could bring a 1st and 3rd round pick. Worst case scenario, he plays on his rookie deal in 2023, then walks in 2024 and we get a 3rd round pick for him. But more than likely, they could tag and trade him in 2024 for more.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Aaron Rodgers is the last guy I’d point to as an example of not needing elite weapons. He’s been pounding the table for the Packers to get him some for years, and they failed him. Miserably. Probably cost him at least one more ring.

Ironically enough, Tee is who they should have taken instead of Jordan Love in the first place.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 03:18 PM)Joelist Wrote: The problem is without Tee the quality level of the WR corps takes a big dive. So we'd need a high pick for Tee since the pick would have to go to drafting a replacement.

AJ Brown was traded last offseason and is a pretty good player comp for Tee Higgins production-wise through 3 years. 185/2,995/24 to Tee's 215/3028/19. He brought back a 1st rounder (18th overall) and a 3rd rounder (101st overall).

Of course the Titans screwed up because unlike the Cheifs trading away Tyreek Hill, they didn't still have a Travis Kelce. We still have a Ja'Marr Chase. Not giving Tee $25m/yr and instead spending that on building a more complete team while also adding a 2023 1st and a 3rd just seems like the smart/only move. If you don't pay him AND don't trade him, you get 1 year of a potentially disgruntled Tee who likely is less inclined to risk his body and take some of the shots he did, before he leaves and then all you get is a pick at the end of the 2025 3rd round.

Burrow needs to step up and show he can produce with something less than the best WR trio in the NFL. We went from "Burrow will elevate bad receivers into decent ones and decent ones into great ones, like Peyton Manning!" to "We desperately need to keep together the best WR trio in the NFL together!" awfully quick. Lol

Ja'Marr Chase and Tyler Boyd is already more than a lot of QBs have at WR. The Bengals mostly just need to add higher quality depth to their WR group. Purge all those PS-caliber guys. Offensive snaps where Trent Taylor, Stanley Morgan, or Mike Thomas are on the field is a waste of one of your 11 players you're allowed on the field. Those 3 combined for 423 offensive snaps this year. Heck, throw Devin Asiasi in there too, who was on the field for 183 offensive snaps. That's 606 offensive snaps played by 4 guys who are objectively bad and combined for just 105 yards and 2 first downs. That 606 is only 187 less offensive snaps than Ja'Marr Chase played. They already got rid of Mike Thomas. Now get rid of the rest. Reducing your huge number of low quality snaps is the easiest way to bring up the average level of play.

Maybe use that Tee Higgins 1st round pick on a TE (it might be the only way we have a shot at Mayer) in lieu of overpaying Hurst. Then add a 3rd and 6th round WR. Or sign a mid-tier cheaper FA WR on a short deal like Marvin Jones, DJ Chark, Noah Brown, DeAndre Carter and take a 5th-6th round WR. 

Then just keep drafting a 4th-6th round WR every single year. The only WRs they have drafted in the last 5 years are Ja'Marr Chase, Tee Higgins, and Auden Tate with the 4th-to-last pick of the 2018 draft. It's why their WR depth is so terrible.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 03:10 PM)Trademark Wrote:

It kinda grates my nerves that he’s played so well here but now it’s time for his “real” contract he’s demanding absolutely outrageous money.

Smart move is to trade him for a 1st rounded, etc.

Have much more respect when they can work together as a team and keep everyone.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 07:05 PM)BengalB Wrote: It kinda grates my nerves that he’s played so well here but now it’s time for his “real” contract he’s demanding absolutely outrageous money.

We have absolutely no idea what kind of money he’s “demanding.” This is a clickbait article full of pure speculation.

Reply/Quote
We already knew Tee was gonna command 100M or close to it.

We need to pay it.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 04:05 PM)impactplaya Wrote: If Tee gets traded Chase will see a never
Ending look of being doubled covered downfield

LOVE Tee but he's in no way worth that much money.

Trade him to a team that needs a receiver that would draft one (Ravens, Giants, Chiefs) for their first round pick and then pick Mayer and an offensive lineman in the first round.

Teams can't double Chase with Mayer in the middle of the field or up the seam.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 06:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Aaron Rodgers is the last guy I’d point to as an example of not needing elite weapons. He’s been pounding the table for the Packers to get him some for years, and they failed him. Miserably. Probably cost him at least one more ring.

Ironically enough, Tee is who they should have taken instead of Jordan Love in the first place.

I get what you're saying but at the same time it's not like the cupboard is bare either if we trade Tee. We still have Jamar and Boyd on the team as well.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 07:22 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: LOVE Tee but he's in no way worth that much money.

Trade him to a team that needs a receiver that would draft one (Ravens, Giants, Chiefs) for their first round pick and then pick Mayer and an offensive lineman in the first round.

Teams can't double Chase with Mayer in the middle of the field or up the seam.

Suggesting we trade Tee to the RAVENS should be a bannable offense.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 03:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd love to keep him forever, but like I said this guy is getting a #1 WR spot and the money to go with it, eventually. Trading him would be a proactive move, so new dey it up.

Could be the next best thing to keeping him. Would love to keep Tee around, but he IS banged up a lot and we have a lot of tough 
moves to make. Also, his agent I don't like at all. Getting a top pick for Tee might be the smartest move we could make. Sucks, but 
just the way it is.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 07:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Suggesting we trade Tee to the RAVENS should be a bannable offense.

Or KC for that matter.  If I trade him, it's to the other conference.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 03:10 PM)Trademark Wrote:

I don't really see it happening. But it is a new day the way the team has approached free agency recently. I think this will be on of the most important off seasons we've had in awhile with who we let go and who we keep. I think even if we let the WR situation go until next year we need to draft one this year. Tank Dell is a guy that looks good early on that could be a mid Rd pick. I would love if the Bengals got a little more creative with the draft and moving around picks. Guy I work with is an Eagles fan and we both keep laughing how they are in the super bowl and also have the 10th overall pick. 
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 07:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Suggesting we trade Tee to the RAVENS should be a bannable offense.

Not just because we'd be helping out hated division rivals, but also we'd be doing Tee dirty by sending him to a team that can't throw to the WR. I hope he does well wherever he is, just not against us. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 07:05 PM)BengalB Wrote: It kinda grates my nerves that he’s played so well here but now it’s time for his “real” contract he’s demanding absolutely outrageous money.

I hate to see the guy go, but if he wants to max out his value, I don't have an issue with it.  His play warrants it.  

I want the Bengals to win more than anything, but it's hard for me to suggest that a dude should take less than he's worth because it would benefit the team I root for.  

The guy didn't have much growing up, so I totally get it if he wants to use his talent to ensure that he never worries about money again.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 07:56 PM)samhain Wrote: I hate to see the guy go, but if he wants to max out his value, I don't have an issue with it.  His play warrants it.  

I want the Bengals to win more than anything, but it's hard for me to suggest that a dude should take less than he's worth because it would benefit the team I root for.  

The guy didn't have much growing up, so I totally get it if he wants to use his talent to ensure that he never worries about money again.

Couldn't agree more. Hope Tee makes mad bank from an NFC team and plays fantastic the rest of his career. Rock On
Reply/Quote
I don't want to lose Tee but I accept it's a possibility. The big money is going to Burrow and Chase.
Reply/Quote