Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Report: Tee Higgins could be traded if extension can't be reached
I hope we can sign him long term but if not you absolutely have to get a 1st round for him. Bengals draft wide receivers better than anyone in the league.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 01:14 AM)QueenCity Wrote: I hope we can sign him long term but if not you absolutely have to get a 1st round for him. Bengals draft wide receivers better than anyone in the league.

I’d give pittsburgh the edge. Then cincy
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 07:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Suggesting we trade Tee to the RAVENS should be a bannable offense.

Ravens would never give a first for Tee. Then they wouldn’t be able to draft 3 more TE’s again next year LMAO
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 12:56 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Tee finished 16 and 20 the last two years. 

He's a legit 15(ish) to slightly better if he's not behind Chase. That's a mid #1.

Without drawing doubles or the best corners most of the game. Again, I think Tee is good and can have good games but he's not a top tier #1 to me. 
Reply/Quote
If, at the end of the day, trading Tee for picks or a tackle lands us a GREAT tackle (either through draft or FA), Im all for it. If he has time back there, Joe can make it work with Chase Hurst & Co.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
The Bengals aren't going to trade Tee Higgins. It may make all of the sense in the world to do it, but they won't. They'll let him play out his rookie deal in the hopes of winning it all. I just don't see too many teams that'd be willing to pony up the 1st and 3rd round picks we feel like he should bring back. When he does hit free agency, I don't see but 4 or 5 teams willing to pay up either. Honestly I see a correction in the WR market coming... The league is chocked full of talented players at the position.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 12:36 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Wow change a word to committed then does not change the point that the issue is not trying 7 new lineman in 2 yrs, the question is being successful which a majority of the moves  KC seems to have been with there,, verdict is out on us.

So you just now realizing what we all know, Bengals are terrible oline evaluators?  KC destroys us in that department, our best 2 drafted oline guys in the past decade are Jonah and Volson, pretty underwhelming.

Thus my cry to draft the highest rated RT, at least we have a bunch of other analysts to go by than just our own guys....

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 03:12 AM)casear2727 Wrote: So you just now realizing what we all know, Bengals are terrible oline evaluators?  KC destroys us in that department, our best 2 drafted oline guys in the past decade are Jonah and Volson, pretty underwhelming.

Thus my cry to draft the highest rated RT, at least we have a bunch of other analysts to go by than just our own guys....

The only problem with that is Jonah was literally the first OL off the board in his draft class. So even that high there’s no guarantee.

Reply/Quote
Trading Tee would be stupid. He came in with Joe and will end up being an all time great here, potential HoFer, having a career with a QB like Joe to go with his own talent.

We have him this year. Can tag him. Then can tag him again. Before Chase is a free agent. Why would we be in a rush to get rid of a top WR?
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 04:13 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Trading Tee would be stupid. He came in with Joe and will end up being an all time great here, potential HoFer, having a career with a QB like Joe to go with his own talent.

We have him this year. Can tag him. Then can tag him again. Before Chase is a free agent. Why would we be in a rush to get rid of a top WR?

Thank you
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Hoping like he’ll we can keep Tee long term but I concede it will be damn near impossible.

Question for the learned ones, what chance of keeping Hurst? Im really hoping we re-sign him.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 01:14 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I’d give pittsburgh the edge. Then cincy

I feel like they’ve produced more solid receivers but none as top tier as us.
Quality > quantity.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 04:05 PM)impactplaya Wrote: If Tee gets traded Chase will see a never
Ending look of being doubled covered downfield

You mean like last year playing against cover two all year? Attack the middle of the field with TE and your slot WR or your outside WR need to man up and beat the cover two. We damn sure ain't going to run the ball enough to get 8 in the box.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 03:12 AM)casear2727 Wrote: So you just now realizing what we all know, Bengals are terrible oline evaluators?  KC destroys us in that department, our best 2 drafted oline guys in the past decade are Jonah and Volson, pretty underwhelming.

Are you actually reading my posts fully in this discussion, it does not seem so.. I never mentioned pre Burrow teams... talking about this team now  ,we actually when out and signed 3 FAs.. did you forget that ????  the point I was making to a previous post is  we are  trying with Oline since Burrow.. but yes so far not as successful as Chiefs but to early to say we have busted with our 7 pickups.. as for our young Oline we have drafted, 3 year is normally where you either  start to really see them develop into the player you think or not.. Look at Carman, he did look better at tackle and we thought he was a total waste pick, Volson performed well enough as a rookie to give us hope.  As for the FAs, we were playing better before 2 went down, though i think Collins was not playing to level expected.

As for KC their FAs seem to have worked out better and yes they seem to have drafted better but i don;t think we can judge totally the four Oline we have drafted just yet...
Reply/Quote
There were tons of kc fans freaking out over losing Tyreek Hill. Boy how wrong they were
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 11:13 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Are you actually reading my posts fully in this discussion, it does not seem so.. I never mentioned pre Burrow teams... talking about this team now  ,we actually when out and signed 3 FAs.. did you forget that ????  the point I was making to a previous post is  we are  trying with Oline since Burrow.. but yes so far not as successful as Chiefs but to early to say we have busted with our 7 pickups.. as for our young Oline we have drafted, 3 year is normally where you either  start to really see them develop into the player you think or not.. Look at Carman, he did look better at tackle and we thought he was a total waste pick, Volson performed well enough as a rookie to give us hope.  As for the FAs, we were playing better before 2 went down, though i think Collins was not playing to level expected.

As for KC their FAs seem to have worked out better and yes they seem to have drafted better but i don;t think we can judge totally the four Oline we have drafted just yet...

You cant be serious. Of course we can judge Carmen, Adeniji, Hill and Smith.  None are rookies.

We desperately need a RT with LC's injury and we need IOL depth.  

Not as successful as the Chiefs?  We are horrible compared to them, we chose Carmen over Humphrey, we passed on Smith for 6 rounds and refused to sign Thuney.  That is 2 pro bowlers, the best center, best guard, and Smith is very good.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 04:13 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Trading Tee would be stupid. He came in with Joe and will end up being an all time great here, potential HoFer, having a career with a QB like Joe to go with his own talent.

The argument is that he would be much more attractive to another team with a salary of $4M than the $20M tag his first year, thus possibly obtaining better assets in a trade.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 12:19 PM)casear2727 Wrote: e
You cant be serious. Of course we can judge Carmen, Adeniji, Hill and Smith.  Non are rookies.

We desperately need a RT with LC's injury and we need IOL depth.  

Not as successful as the Chiefs?  We are horrible compared to them, we chose Carmen over Humphrey, we passed on Smith for 6 rounds and refused to sign Thuney.  That is 2 pro bowlers, the best center, best guard, and Smith is very good.

Like it or not Creed Humphrey and Trey Smith were probably never on the Bengals board because they really don't fit that wide zone rush scheme. Then again they did go out and sign 3 guys with very little range and tried to run the wide zone...

I remember mentioning it when they signed Karras and Cappa that they were gonna probably run alot of the gap stuff like they did to finish 2021...I was wrong until they were forced into it lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 12:26 PM)Synric Wrote: Like it or not Creed Humphrey and Trey Smith were probably never on the Bengals board because they really don't fit that wide zone rush scheme. Then again they did go out and sign 3 guys with very little range and tried to run the wide zone...

I remember mentioning it when they signed Karras and Cappa that they were gonna probably run alot of the gap stuff like they did to finish 2021...I was wrong until they were forced into it lol.

This staff and oline simply causes me to SMH.  Moving forward maybe Brown coming off injury will fare better, he is defitniely a power gap guy, could provide IOL depth at center and guard freeing up another roster spot as we could release Hill?  We would still need another G.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 02:30 AM)jason Wrote: The Bengals aren't going to trade Tee Higgins. It may make all of the sense in the world to do it, but they won't. They'll let him play out his rookie deal in the hopes of winning it all. I just don't see too many teams that'd be willing to pony up the 1st and 3rd round picks we feel like he should bring back. When he does hit free agency, I don't see but 4 or 5 teams willing to pay up either. Honestly I see a correction in the WR market coming... The league is chocked full of talented players at the position.

I think the time for corrections at any position is long gone.  The cap increase that is imminent will see to that.  It will get blown out even more as is climbs due to gambling revenue and distance from pandemic shutdowns.  This is evidenced by the massive contract paid out to Smith in Baltimore.  A freaking off-the-ball linebacker just got 20 mil per.  Insane.

We've had our expectations skewed for the last two years.  A Bengal fan could be forgiven for believing that number 1 wideouts just fall out of the sky.  They don't and teams are still willing to shell out for known commodities.  It only takes 2 or 3 suitors to create an overpay.  

Now, would I trade him just to trade him?  Hell no.  I'd let it be known that any team that gets Tee is going to feel some pain for the opportunity to acquire a player of that caliber.  It better be an offer that people in paces like this talk about as an overpay all offseason long, or else he's staying put.

Every year we all have an idea of what's reasonable in terms of contracts or draft pick compensation and every year some team does something that skews that idea completely.  It only takes one team.
Reply/Quote