Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. (/Thread-This-is-the-Worst-Free-Agency-I-ve-Ever-Seen-since-Burrow-was-Drafted)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - WhoDeyK - 03-14-2023

I’m honestly not worried. A little surprised that we resigned Pratt and lost Bell ( I thought it’d be the opposite) but otherwise we all knew Bates was gone. While I do like Perine better than Mixon, I honestly don’t think either is a great fit for our offense so I’m hoping for a complete rebuild of the Running back room. I think there’s still a great path to have a good Free agency if we do the following:

Resign Hurst
Resign Apple
Sign Thornhill or Rapp
Sign Eluemunor or McGary
Sign Jamaal Williams or McKinnon or McKissic
Sign Justin Houston or Ngakoue

I think that would be pretty solid.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-14-2023

(03-14-2023, 07:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: When you win...teams overvalue your guys.

Yes, need to get used to this lol

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Tony - 03-14-2023

(03-14-2023, 11:48 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Seriously.

How do we lose TWO starting safeties in day one, especially knowing that we're out of the market for one of them?

"We want to go younger" is just a euphemism for "we want to be cheap skates". Vonn Bell and Bates is what got us to the SB two years ago, LITERALLY. Look at that overtime interception.

If the Bengals decide to pay for one of the remaining good ones, it's STILL a downgrade. But I get a feeling that they're just fine with Tycen Anderson, which will be a disaster against the Bills and the Cheifs.

The Bengals can't afford to have its episodes of buttcheek offense anymore. The Defense won't be top 10 next season.

This feels a like more like a decline. The Bills and Cheifs addressed core issues day one. Bengals objectively are worse off.

I agree. The window is slamming closed... Ehh at least we got 2 above average years. Beats the 90s... Fact us we are the poorest franchise in football. It was never gonna last...

This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Danger Zone - 03-14-2023

So is the OP saying we sould of overpaid for 2 safeties and a couple of outside FA? Which would mean we would probably only be able to lock up 1 or 2 of Burrow/Chase/Higgins/Wilson.

Personally I rather go D.Hill and Anderson/Rookie at safety, if that means we still have a chance to lock up Burrow/Chase/Higgins/Wilson.

That was the first time in decades that I've slightly defended Mike Brown Football decisions, and I'm pretty sure it's a sign that the world is ending.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - NotBigzo - 03-14-2023

(03-14-2023, 07:41 PM)Danger Zone Wrote: So is the OP saying we sould of overpaid for 2 safeties and a couple of outside FA? Which would mean we would probably only be able to lock up 1 or 2 of Burrow/Chase/Higgins/Wilson.

Personally I rather go D.Hill and Anderson/Rookie at safety, if that means we still have a chance to lock up Burrow/Chase/Higgins/Wilson.

That was the first time in decades that I've slightly defended Mike Brown Football decisions, and I'm pretty sure it's a sign that the world is ending.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

They're not spending a disproportinate amount of their cap on Chase AND Higgins.

Pick one, but not both.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - jason - 03-14-2023

This has been the worst 2 days of my life. I'm sure Joe Burrow agrees.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Synric - 03-14-2023

(03-14-2023, 07:57 PM)jason Wrote: This has been the worst 2 days of my life. I'm sure Joe Burrow agrees.

Yea, Tee and Chase chartered a yacht without him.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - BengalBob - 03-14-2023

The panic on here is laughable.

We lost exactly one player we didn't expect(Bell)

We resigned a good young linebacker we thought was gone.

It's day two of free agency but now our window is closed even though we have Burrow, Chase, Tee, and all the rest with virtually our entire coaching staff back, 35 million or more in cap space.

REBUILD

This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Bronxbengal - 03-14-2023

(03-14-2023, 07:57 PM)jason Wrote: This has been the worst 2 days of my life. I'm sure Joe Burrow agrees.

If this has been the worst two days of our life, I feel very sorry for your extremely sheltered life. Or lack of having a life

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - George Cantstandya - 03-14-2023

(03-14-2023, 07:58 PM)Synric Wrote: Yea, Tee and Chase chartered a yacht without him.

Really?  I have not seen any news yet on this forum of Tee and Chase on a yacht.  Certainly two wealthy people who are likely friends spending time together on a yacht would be front page news and posted several times here maybe even in all caps.  Heck even Florio over at PFT has not posted an article, "Tee Higgins and Ja'Marr Chase will spend time on a yacht together this off season or maybe they won't."  So I'm calling this fake news.  Tongue Ninja

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - RunKijanaRun - 03-14-2023

Well, we should be cooking soon.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - THE PISTONS - 03-14-2023

(03-14-2023, 07:30 PM)Tony Wrote: I agree. The window is slamming closed... Ehh at least we got 2 above average years. Beats the 90s... Fact us we are the poorest franchise in football. It was never gonna last...

Eh...you're one of the dudes that would call a game over when we went down by 3 points in the 1st quarter...

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - THE PISTONS - 03-14-2023

None of the guys who left are irreplaceable. None.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-14-2023

(03-14-2023, 07:27 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: I’m honestly not worried. A little surprised that we resigned Pratt and lost Bell ( I thought it’d be the opposite) but otherwise we all new Bates was gone. While I do like Perine better than Mixon, I honestly don’t think either is a great fit for our offense so I’m hoping for a complete rebuild of the Running back room. I think there’s still a great path to have a good Free agency if we do the following:

Resign Hurst
Resign Apple
Sign Thornhill or Rapp
Sign Eluemunor or McGary
Sign Jamal Williams or McKinnon or McKissic
Sign Justin Houston or Ngakoue

I think that would be pretty solid.

Is McKinnon available? He also fits perfect, also don't know if Leonard Floyd has been claimed who I would like to add as and EDGE.

Love all these thoughts though BTW. Just wanted to wait a bit and let somebody else give you props, but had to ask about McKinnon.

Love the way McKinnon just stones dudes in pass protection. What he did to the leading tackling LB of the Jags was staggering... Mellow

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Nately120 - 03-14-2023

(03-14-2023, 07:30 PM)Tony Wrote: I agree. The window is slamming closed... Ehh at least we got 2 above average years. Beats the 90s... Fact us we are the poorest franchise in football. It was never gonna last...

Stuff like this is why when people talk about the Bengals being a football non-factor for the first 28 years of Mike Brown's tenure applying to our current franchise, they ain't just dishing out the Haterade.  Though in all fairness, I think Al Davis' dingleberry son is the poorest owner.  

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Luvnit2 - 03-14-2023

I would hand out ton of chill pills if I had them.

The reality is the Bengals are letting FA come to them. There are still a ton of free agents out there looking for a job. The best OT is still available (not that I think we will make a play for Orlando Brown), good TE's, CB's, safeties, DL, OL and we also need a back up QB possibly.

I say we relax, trust the off season process and watch the Bengals FO let it play out. There are teams that will need to cut good players to get under the cap. Those cut players don't count against the free agents signed by other teams that will help us get an extra pick or 2 in 2024.

I believe the FO has a plan, I believe they anticipated the B&B losses at safety. We knew Perrine was going to get paid. But, was he a success due to our offense, he sure was not great prior to arrival.

It is like watching us go down 10 points in the first half, with Burrow and our offense, we seem to always get back into or win the game.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Luvnit2 - 03-14-2023

Yes it is true, we are 32nd.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/194452/franchise-value-of-the-cincinnati-bengals-since-2006/

But, the value is now over 3 billion dollars. That is a lot of cash flow to get to that number.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - 007BengalsFan - 03-14-2023

(03-14-2023, 08:08 PM)BengalBob Wrote: It's day two of free agency but now our window is closed even though we have Burrow, Chase, Tee, and all the rest with virtually our entire coaching staff back, 35 million or more in cap space.

Unfortunately we have no RT and not much of a LT which limits what those other guys can do.  Get a RT and a legit LT and we will have something

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Synric - 03-14-2023

I know Bengals fans are split on Pacman but that dude bleeds orange and black.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - WhoDeyK - 03-14-2023

(03-14-2023, 08:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Is McKinnon available? He also fits perfect, also don't know if Leonard Floyd has been claimed who I would like to add as and EDGE.

Love all these thoughts though BTW. Just wanted to wait a bit and let somebody else give you props, but had to ask about McKinnon.

Love the way McKinnon just stones dudes in pass protection. What he did to the leading tackling LB of the Jags was staggering... Mellow

Thanks! Yeah I just double checked and McKinnon still appears to be available. I agree that he would be a great fit and PFF projects his contract to be cheaper than what Perine just got. So to me it would be a win win.