Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Jonah Williams Requests Trade (/Thread-Jonah-Williams-Requests-Trade)

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - TheFan - 03-17-2023

(03-17-2023, 01:20 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: the whole line was. I guess the lack of chemistry thing is now thrown out of the window? It was a new line that had no reps together

I don't disagree, but Sleds statement was indicating the kneecaps were the reason he started not playing well. He was bad both before and after the knee injury. 

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-17-2023

(03-17-2023, 01:20 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: the whole line was. I guess the lack of chemistry thing is now thrown out of the window? It was a new line that had no reps together

And he was playing next to a rookie...

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Sled21 - 03-17-2023

(03-17-2023, 01:22 PM)TheFan Wrote: I don't disagree, but Sleds statement was indicating the kneecaps were the reason he started not playing well. He was bad both before and after the knee injury. 

I don't think he was bad before the injuries, he wasn't great, but he wasn't bad. He was average. 

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - TheFan - 03-17-2023

(03-17-2023, 01:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The freed up money is significant. So say you get a 3rd/4th Round pick and sign 2 $6 mill a year guys...

If we could get a third I think you have to jump on that. A 3rd round pick for a guy who's going to be gone next year and who you just replaced would be a good get. In addition to the money part to sign others like stated. 

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - THE PISTONS - 03-17-2023

(03-17-2023, 01:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If he is still injured I would understand, but it isn't that far fetched. He would be the best LT out there to be had right now, former 
1st round pick that was the best in his class, when healthy is technically sound, he is young etc.

You generally get pennies on the dollar in trades.

Waller got traded for a 3rd Round pick.
Gilmore for a 5th Round pick.
Shaq Mason and a 7th got traded for a 6th Round pick.
Jonnu Smith for a 7th Round pick.
Ramsey for a 3rd Round pick.

Chase Claypool did get the Steelers a 2nd Round pick.

(03-17-2023, 01:24 PM)TheFan Wrote: If we could get a third I think you have to jump on that. A 3rd round pick for a guy who's going to be gone next year and who you just replaced would be a good get. In addition to the money part to sign others like stated. 

Fine with me as well. Like you said, he was going to be gone anyways next year. A 3rd rounder should be just fine.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - 007BengalsFan - 03-17-2023

(03-17-2023, 01:24 PM)TheFan Wrote: If we could get a third I think you have to jump on that. A 3rd round pick for a guy who's going to be gone next year and who you just replaced would be a good get. In addition to the money part to sign others like stated. 

If the Bengals keep Williams and use him this year but lose him in free agency next year,  what kind of comp pick do we get next year?  If it's a 3rd why trade him for a 3rd round pick if we would get that anyway next year but also had Williams for another Super Bowl run this year.

(03-17-2023, 01:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You generally get pennies on the dollar in trades.

Waller got traded for a 3rd Round pick.
Gilmore for a 5th Round pick.
Shaq Mason and a 7th got traded for a 6th Round pick.
Jonnu Smith for a 7th Round pick.
Ramsey for a 3rd Round pick.

Chase Claypool did get the Steelers a 2nd Round pick.

Yeah, there are reasons for every one of those players and why they didn't cost too much. Jonah being injury prone would be the reason
he would be more like a 3rd round pick similar to Waller who has also been injury prone lately.

(03-17-2023, 01:32 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: If the Bengals keep Williams and use him this year but lose him in free agency next year,  what kind of comp pick do we get next year?  If it's a 3rd why trade him for a 3rd round pick if we would get that anyway next year but also had Williams for another Super Bowl run this year.

Because he doesn't want to be here...

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - BengalsLUFC - 03-17-2023

(03-17-2023, 01:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's hard to get a 2nd Round pick in a trade.

I don't think Jonah gets us that.

We are in a good spot with him tbh.

We play hard ball and get the deal we want or he stays and plays RT he can’t afford to have two shocking years in a row, he either plays well or we bench him effectively ending any chances he has of getting a big payday.

He would have been better off keeping his mouth shut playing out the year and just moving on, now we hold the cards to effectively tank his career.

(03-17-2023, 01:38 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: Jonah Williams gave up the most sacks in the NFL las year. He has no trade value. Just let him go and save the $12 mil.

Former first round pick that was tops of his class, that is still young and when healthy is a top 10 LT.

He has lots of value for any team that needs a LT. Cutting him doesn't save us any money, we picked up the option...

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - TecmoBengals - 03-17-2023

I'm also glad the team locked up Brown. I'd have disliked seeing the organization be stuck in a position to consider overpaying Jonah to ensure we have a starting LT. That's now a nonissue.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-17-2023

I really liked the pick when it was made. A lot. He just never lived up to it. Hopefully we can get decent value out of him on draft day. The extra 12.6 will help some too.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - TecmoBengals - 03-17-2023

(03-17-2023, 01:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: I really liked the pick when it was made. A lot. He just never lived up to it. Hopefully we can get decent value out of him on draft day. The extra 12.6 will help some too.

Good point worth bringing up. I also liked the pick. I don't considered Jonah a failed Bengal, but he also didn't morph into a stud LT.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - George Cantstandya - 03-17-2023

(03-17-2023, 01:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Former first round pick that was tops of his class, that is still young and when healthy is a top 10 LT.

He has lots of value for any team that needs a LT. Cutting him doesn't save us any money, we picked up the option...

Yep cutting him would be the worst possible thing to do and cost $12.6 million against the cap.  Trading him however saves $12.6 million. If  he doesn't want to be a team player and show the team that he is also a versatile player on the O-line the Bengals should be lighting up the phones, or in Mike Brown's case fax machine, of other teams.   Tongue

(03-17-2023, 01:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Former first round pick that was tops of his class, that is still young and when healthy is a top 10 LT.

I don't know that he was ever a Top 10 LT. I feel like he missed a lot of games his 1st couple seasons.

Then, last year he was the best lineman on an absolutely horrible line.

Then, this year, he was below average...maybe because of the injury. Maybe, because that's who he is.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-17-2023

(03-17-2023, 01:43 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Good point worth bringing up. I also liked the pick. I don't considered Jonah a failed Bengal, but he also didn't morph into a stud LT.

Yes, I thought we'd finally found a mainstay at LT for the foreseeable future. Injuries were a large part of that not panning out. He had a pretty good year last year, but injuries again, and what seemed like bad chemistry between him and Volson derailed any positive gains from '21. It sucks it didn't work out, and it sucks he doesn't want to give RT a shot....but thems the breaks as they say. 

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Frank Booth - 03-17-2023

(03-17-2023, 01:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't know that he was ever a Top 10 LT. I feel like he missed a lot of games his 1st couple seasons.

Then, last year he was the best lineman on an absolutely horrible line.

Then, this year, he was below average...maybe because of the injury. Maybe, because that's who he is.

I think he finished 11th best LT in 2021 in terms of pff grades at LT

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-17-2023

(03-17-2023, 01:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He also had two dislocated kneecaps..... Yawn

No, he had one & played through it. Then he did the other one and was out. 

(03-17-2023, 01:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yes, I thought we'd finally found a mainstay at LT for the foreseeable future. Injuries were a large part of that not panning out. He had a pretty good year last year, but injuries again, and what seemed like bad chemistry between him and Volson derailed any positive gains from '21. It sucks it didn't work out, and it sucks he doesn't want to give RT a shot....but thems the breaks as they say. 

Which lineman have we drafted over the past 5-10 years...that actually developed into better players from their rookie year to years 3/4?

Our best lineman seem to be guys that came from other teams.