Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Higgins signs new deal? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Higgins signs new deal? (/Thread-Higgins-signs-new-deal)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Luvnit2 - 04-10-2023

(04-10-2023, 04:57 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I have no doubt in my mind that mahomes wouldve liked to have Tyreek Hill last year

any qb doesnt want their team letting go of an elite wr

unless you think Mahomes was a-ok with losing Hill... because if you think that... well.. lol

I think looking at some of the posts, Mahommes is signed, Burrow is not. Mahommes has no choice now, he is locked for a long time.

Our FO may want to keep Burrow happy so Joe indeed signs here long term. The assumption is Joe wants both Tee and Jamar.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Housh - 04-10-2023

(04-10-2023, 05:35 PM)Lucidus Wrote: I'm not at all familiar with this person. Are they considered a credible source?

Goodberry co-signed it and Tee shouted out his agent so i can only think that means SOMETHING

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Whatever - 04-10-2023

(04-10-2023, 04:52 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: cool

so I guess the 2021 chiefs were better than the 2022 chiefs?

it's a team game, smart pants

You realize the '21 Chiefs had the same OL as the '22 Chiefs, plus Hill, right?

The '21 Chiefs were a more talented team (they also had Honey Badger).  However, the "best team" rarely wins the SB.  Not to mention the fact that the "22 Chiefs went from one of the most penalized teams in the league during the regular season to one of the least in the playoffs which culminated at  State Farm Stadium.  

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - jj22 - 04-10-2023

Folks slamming others for saying Burrow can beat you with high school receivers are the same folks who attacked Dalton for needing weapons in order to succeed. I ain't calling anyone out, but...... Note taken on how things have changed.

Personally I believe an elite QB doesn't need 2 wr1's.... And can make stars out of receivers.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - jj22 - 04-10-2023

Theoretically we can sign Tee to a 3 year extension keeping him around for 4 more years, while having Chase on his rookie deal plus franchise tag for 4 more years. 4 more years of the duo may be all we can realistically ask for. This would mean Chase has to wait until after his rookie deal is up to get paid. And would mean that we would only be paying one Wideout big money at a time losing Tee after 4 years and re-signing Chase. Or at the very least only a year overlap if they re-sign Chase while on the Franchise tag.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Graphicguy - 04-10-2023

(04-10-2023, 05:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: People really need to stop with this. There’s absolutely no basis for it. He had Jefferson and Chase at LSU, and obviously Chase and Tee (plus Boyd) here. One game where Trenton Irwin caught 2 TD’s for 45 yards doesn’t mean Joe can put up elite numbers with scrubs.

As a true franchise QB Joe will have a lot of say on how they build his offense, so if he wants his weapons, give him his weapons.

Yes over and over again!

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - jason - 04-10-2023

(04-10-2023, 06:00 PM)jj22 Wrote: Folks slamming others for saying Burrow can beat you with high school receivers are the same folks who attacked Dalton for needing weapons in order to succeed. I ain't calling anyone out, but...... Note taken on how things have changed.

Personally I believe an elite QB doesn't need 2 wr1's.... And can make stars out of receivers.

Just bringing this your way because you mentioned it. Which WRs in the league would you say are stars because of the QB they play with? I hear this a lot but nobody ever gives an example.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - jason - 04-10-2023

(04-10-2023, 04:16 PM)Whacked Wrote: Same. Mahomes proves this.

Chiefs got rid of Hill …. and win a SB

Stack this OLine and JB can beat you w high school receivers.

The Chiefs won a Super Bowl with Hill too. The Rams won one with Kupp, and traded for OBJ (signed him, or did whatever to get him mid season). Meanwhile our offense sputtered when we lost Tyler Boyd during the AFCCG.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - 007BengalsFan - 04-10-2023

(04-10-2023, 06:45 PM)jason Wrote: The Chiefs won a Super Bowl with Hill too. The Rams won one with Kupp, and traded for OBJ (signed him, or did whatever to get him mid season). Meanwhile our offense sputtered when we lost Tyler Boyd during the AFCCG.

The offense sputtered because the O-line got destroyed by Chris Jones not because Tyler Boyd was out.  If Burrow needs Chase, Higgins, Boyd and a TE like Hurst to move the offense, he isnt a very good QB.  Mahomes doesnt have weapons like that and he is still a Super Bowl champ.  It goes right back to the O-line.  Mahomes had a good one last year, Burrow didnt.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - TheFan - 04-10-2023

(04-10-2023, 06:45 PM)jason Wrote: The Chiefs won a Super Bowl with Hill too. The Rams won one with Kupp, and traded for OBJ (signed him, or did whatever to get him mid season). Meanwhile our offense sputtered when we lost Tyler Boyd during the AFCCG.

You can't just ignore the loss of the Oline and say it was because we lost Boyd. Who knows what happens if we have our full line playing that game. 

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - BengalsLUFC - 04-10-2023

(04-10-2023, 06:59 PM)TheFan Wrote: You can't just ignore the loss of the Oline and say it was because we lost Boyd. Who knows what happens if we have our full line playing that game. 

With our full complement playing we win the game by 10+ points, the game in December against them we left so many points on the field it could have been a blow out.

Losing 3 starters and replacing em with turnstiles we still had a chance but losing Boyd and the writing was on the wall.

Only losing by 3 just shows how special Burrow,Chase and Tee are together and we are hopefully doing all we can to keep em here for as long as possible.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - MTBengalsFan - 04-10-2023

I'm looking out at what is still a snow-covered field. I'm ready for Spring.

If this news is true, and Tee has signed an extension AND at this low rate being theorized, to hell with the weather in Montana.

Now it's just the waiting game.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Wyche'sWarrior - 04-10-2023

(04-10-2023, 06:00 PM)jj22 Wrote: Folks slamming others for saying Burrow can beat you with high school receivers are the same folks who attacked Dalton for needing weapons in order to succeed. I ain't calling anyone out, but...... Note taken on how things have changed.

You've noticed too, eh? Ninja

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Wyche'sWarrior - 04-10-2023

(04-10-2023, 07:07 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: With our full complement playing we win the game by 10+ points, the game in December against them we left so many points on the field it could have been a blow out.

Losing 3 starters and replacing em with turnstiles we still had a chance but losing Boyd and the writing was on the wall.

Only losing by 3 just shows how special Burrow,Chase and Tee are together and we are hopefully doing all we can to keep em here for as long as possible.

This is right. Losing too many starters on the oline really hampered the offense. Losing a really effective safety blanket in the slot with a bad line was the coffin nail.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Frank Booth - 04-10-2023

(04-10-2023, 08:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: This is right. Losing too many starters on the oline really hampered the offense. Losing a really effective safety blanket in the slot with a bad line was the coffin nail.

yep

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - tms - 04-10-2023

I don't blame the OP for posting this but just in general, I'd rather wait to hear this stuff directly from the horse's mouth.

And it has less to do with Tee than the draft coming up. I can't stand hearing the pick from some random insider literally ~10 seconds before it's announced. It's one of my pet peeves haha. It ruins the moment and for what? Are we that desperate to get ahead of the news by... 5 seconds?

I'm gonna lose this war but I feel better getting that off my chest. :)

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Nicomo Cosca - 04-10-2023

Of course things have changed. The hump we’re trying to get over is no longer winning a single playoff game. It’s winning a championship. Different caliber of QB’s = different expectations.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Eraserhead - 04-10-2023

(04-10-2023, 08:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Of course things have changed. The hump we’re trying to get over is no longer winning a single playoff game. It’s winning a championship. Different caliber of QB’s = different expectations.

It's crazy right? Now we're talking about legitimately competing for SBs instead of embarrassing first round exits.

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - MTBengalsFan - 04-10-2023

(04-10-2023, 09:05 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: It's crazy right? Now we're talking about legitimately competing for SBs instead of embarrassing first round exits.

First round exits were a huge improvement over competing for the #1 pick!

RE: Higgins signs new deal? - Nicomo Cosca - 04-10-2023

(04-10-2023, 09:41 PM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: First round exits were a huge improvement over competing for the #1 pick!

[Image: What-About-Bob-Baby-Steps-Book-Cover-Moi...00x300.jpg]