Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates (/Thread-Training-Camp-Chat-News-Updates)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Housh - 08-03-2023

(08-03-2023, 07:58 PM)Joelist Wrote: Only the Bengals....

I mean f*** thank god it’s at our strongest position but god damn bro.

Williams was our best pass pro guy. Jones was our Swiss army guy that could’ve helped keep double coverage off our 3 guys, and obviously Burrow. We are losing guys that will actually be needed.

Annoying.

(07-31-2023, 06:03 PM)pally Wrote: and the aftermath

It’s so fun being able to watch plays and not care who actually wins the rep.

CTB is gonna be really good if he can cover like that. He’s already not gonna get beat deep. If he can stay low and strong like that he’s gonna be a pro bowler

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - bfine32 - 08-03-2023

(08-03-2023, 07:41 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Jordan Shipley 2.0?

Shut up

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Soonerpeace - 08-03-2023

(08-03-2023, 05:48 PM)chrisball96 Wrote: Maybe it's just because I really like him, but I am really looking forward to seeing how Dax Hill develops. Just with the whole Bates saga it really increases the focus on him and, of course, with him being a first round pick I completely get it. It is nice to hear Lou recognizing that Dax is working hard and doing well because a lot of eyes are going to be on him this year.

I don’t know at what point Dax gets there but he will be better than Bell or Bates. He’s a very intelligent kid and fast.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - pally - 08-03-2023

I believe there has been some curiosity about UDFA Jaxson Kirkland. Looks like a good candidate for the practice squad this season

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Whacked - 08-03-2023

(08-03-2023, 05:58 PM)pally Wrote:

Dude just plain catches balls. Keep feeding that kid.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Truck_1_0_1_ - 08-03-2023

(08-03-2023, 05:09 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Paul Dehner The Athletic (excerpts from his extensive article today)

“He’s as healthy as he has been — that’s huge,” defensive coordinator Lou Anarumo said. “If he continues down that road — he is showing some good things here.”

What we saw through the first week of practice was a number of big plays down the sideline. Chase and Higgins both caught multiple long go-balls for what would have been touchdowns, but you also saw a wide variety of motions and splits designed to free weapons up the sideline.

On one play, Higgins ran a motion into a bunch route then accelerated. On another, Burrow was able to hold the safety as Chase made Cam Taylor-Britt whiff off the line for a touchdown. We’ve also seen a significant amount of deep back-shoulder passes thrown in the direction of Andrei Iosivas, specifically, as quarterbacks have tried to utilize his size and jump ball ability.

All eyes are on the new safety combination of Dax Hill and Nick Scott.

“Nick has done a great job with him (Dax)continuing to build our rapport and talking to each other and teaching him how to be a pro,” Anarumo said. “Dax is putting in the extra work, that’s for sure.”

Zac Taylor on OL “From top to bottom, that room the depth is really good. Even if whoever you perceive as the last man in the room, it’s not somebody you’ve got to coach around with the threes out there in practice and make sure they don’t get somebody hurt, and you’d be afraid to put them in a preseason game, which I’ve dealt with in years past, over 15 years,” Taylor said. “And I think that this group’s really done a good job and from top to bottom, these guys all belong and that’s good to see.”
1. I'm guessing he's talking about Chido in the first part, correct?

2. Too the bolded; he means Browning, right?

(08-03-2023, 10:23 PM)Whacked Wrote: Dude just plain catches balls. Keep feeding that kid.

There’s a reason we are contemplating keeping 7 WRs. If Irwin sucked Yoshi would be safe

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Soonerpeace - 08-03-2023

(08-03-2023, 11:17 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 1. I'm guessing he's talking about Chido in the first part, correct?

2. Too the bolded; he means Browning, right?

1 was Ossai.
2 I don’t know.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - BurrowTheGoat - 08-04-2023

Really sucks to hear about Charlie Jones but hopefully this above tweet means its minor. I have high hopes for how he can fit into our offense. He could be a killer on long drives vs a tired defense.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Sled21 - 08-04-2023

Meanwhile, the Dolphins are down in Miami saying WTF? Hilarious

https://nesn.com/bets/2023/08/will-the-dolphins-sink-or-swim-without-tua-and-ramsey/

Quote:[color=var(--c-slate-1000)]The Miami Dolphins face a daunting challenge in the 2023 NFL season. With uncertainty surrounding the health of their star quarterback Tua Tagovailoa and the unexpected injury to key defensive player Jalen Ramsey, the Dolphins’ ability to take a leap forward this season hangs in the balance.[/color]

[color=var(--c-slate-1000)]Tagovailoa’s health has been a big question for Miami since his concussion filled 2022. Can he stay injury-free for most of the season, and can the team rely on his fitness level to lead them to victory? They’re critical questions that could determine the Dolphins’ fate in 2023.[/color]
[color=var(--c-slate-1000)]However, Tagovailoa’s potential concussion issues aren’t the only challenge the Dolphins are grappling with. The recent injury to Ramsey has dealt a massive blow to the Dolphins’ defensive unit. Ramsey, brought in alongside Vic Fangio to solidify the Dolphins’ back end following a poor performance last year, now leaves a gaping hole in the team’s defense. His absence may force unproven players to step up until his likely return in December.[/color]

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - KillerGoose - 08-04-2023

Glad to see you’re starting early this year.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Synric - 08-04-2023

So Drew Sample is getting a lot of the first team reps? Time for a breakout in year 5?!?!

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Stewy - 08-04-2023

(08-04-2023, 09:00 AM)Synric Wrote: So Drew Sample is getting a lot of the first team reps? Time for a breakout in year 5?!?!

You know his "receiver" prowess will make him a great distraction on passing downs.  *nods*

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Essex Johnson - 08-04-2023

(08-03-2023, 10:09 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I don’t know at what point Dax gets there but he will be better than Bell or Bates. He’s a very intelligent kid and fast.

until he produces on the field over a prolonged period we will not know, though last year as a rookie i thought he was not as strong in decision making as i would have assumed, but small sample and was playing some corner .  I hope you are correct but both Bates and Bell have played at an above average level so i will be happy if he can just maintain the strong play we have enjoyed past few years out of safeties

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Essex Johnson - 08-04-2023

(08-04-2023, 09:00 AM)Synric Wrote: So Drew Sample is getting a lot of the first team reps? Time for a breakout in year 5?!?!

Maybe since Smith as been injury prone taking it lite on him in preseason

https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/injury-history/irv-smith/10255 

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - XenoMorph - 08-04-2023

remember he was the key piece to the ZT offense.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - Soonerpeace - 08-04-2023

(08-04-2023, 10:44 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: until he produces on the field over a prolonged period we will not know, though last year as a rookie i thought he was not as strong in decision making as i would have assumed, but small sample and was playing some corner .  I hope you are correct but both Bates and Bell have played at an above average level so i will be happy if he can just maintain the strong play we have enjoyed past few years out of safeties

Top 10% athletically of all safeties since 1987. That’s a great head start. But no like I said don’t know at what point he gets there.

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - WeezyBengal - 08-04-2023

(08-04-2023, 10:47 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Maybe since Smith as been injury prone taking it lite on him in preseason

https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/injury-history/irv-smith/10255 

My first thought. 

RE: Training Camp Chat/News/Updates - WeezyBengal - 08-04-2023

(08-04-2023, 11:13 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote:
Top 10% athletically of all safeties since 1987. That’s a great head start. But no like I said don’t know at what point he gets there.

Has he put on any size since he was drafted? Be interesting to know what he weighs now.