Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
THIS IS THE WEEK - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: THIS IS THE WEEK (/Thread-THIS-IS-THE-WEEK)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: THIS IS THE WEEK - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-28-2023

(08-27-2023, 09:45 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: Much more inclined to agree with Nate. The Blackburns have placed a heavy emphasis on marketing. The premier episode of “Bengals From the Jungle All Access” is scheduled for 12:00 noon Tuesday August 29 Episode 1 - Heartbeat. Won’t be surprised to see Burrow’s extension announced at the end, maybe even Tee’s.

That is what I am thinking. We will see, all I know is things are run different now than in the past. The young Blackburn ladies 
have really been going all out in bringing in new fans through their marketing, the white helmets etc.

(08-27-2023, 11:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: That's not a bad point. The way they are marketing the team now, and hyping every little thing on the socials, this could certainly be the case. Interesting title for the first episode too. Foreshadowing, perhaps?

Wink

(08-27-2023, 11:55 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Signing the deal and announcing it aren’t necessarily the same.

True.

(08-28-2023, 08:10 AM)Wyche Wrote: It hasn't in the past, but as we've seen, it's a whole new day since the Blackburn sisters got involved. That's the only thing that makes the theory plausible.

It is a NEW DEY!  Rock On

(08-28-2023, 01:04 PM)Synric Wrote: Another question is will Joe Burrow return to practice today?

That would be fantastic. If he does return to practice today all the concern of him not playing the opener was moot.

Chase likes to mess with the media and they ran with it, getting their hopes up the Bengals fail.

RE: THIS IS THE WEEK - BengalsLUFC - 08-28-2023

People hoping it will be announced when this hard knocks type program comes out have very short memories.

Remember last year when Bates went on NFL network and people were convinced it was to announce he was signing a new deal and if anything it was the opposite LOL

I don’t think the Bengals or Burrow’s camp would be able to keep it quiet from Schefter or Rapsheet if it was agreed.

They’ve basically got 10 days to get it agreed and signed or we are going to have to deal with the media and dick heads opposition fans spouting same old Bengals and if it doesn’t get done they are going to have a point.

(08-28-2023, 01:17 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: People hoping it will be announced when this hard knocks type program comes out have very short memories.

Remember last year when Bates went on NFL network and people were convinced it was to announce he was signing a new deal and if anything it was the opposite LOL

I don’t think the Bengals or Burrow’s camp would be able to keep it quiet from Schefter or Rapsheet if it was agreed.

They’ve basically got 10 days to get it agreed and signed or we are going to have to deal with the media and dick heads opposition fans spouting same old Bengals and if it doesn’t get done they are going to have a point.

Completely different scenarios with Bates and Burrow. Also, the NFL only has to know once the contract is signed. They could 
already have the agreement done and ready to be signed at a certain time for entertainment value is all I am saying.

RE: THIS IS THE WEEK - BengalsLUFC - 08-28-2023

(08-28-2023, 01:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Completely different scenarios with Bates and Burrow. Also, the NFL only has to know once the contract is signed. They could 
already have the agreement done and ready to be signed at a certain time for entertainment value is all I am saying.

Sorry bud just don’t see it.

How many times has Schefter tweeted such and such player has agreed to a contract before it’s actually signed?

I think the Brown deal was announced by sources 2 days before he flew in to Cincinnati and signed the contract.

No way does the biggest deal in NFL history get kept quiet until a tv show is released on YouTube and local television.

I would love to be wrong but I’ve a feeling we might be waiting until back end of next week one way or the other.

(08-28-2023, 01:31 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Sorry bud just don’t see it.

How many times has Schefter tweeted such and such player has agreed to a contract before it’s actually signed?

I think the Brown deal was announced by sources 2 days before he flew in to Cincinnati and signed the contract.

No way does the biggest deal in NFL history get quiet until a tv show is released on YouTube and local television.

I would love to be wrong but I’ve a feeling we might be waiting until back end of next week one way or the other.

They would have to be keeping it on the low low that is for sure lol

Good points and you are probably right. Either way, just get it done before the season and we are all happy.

RE: THIS IS THE WEEK - SouthernFan - 08-28-2023

(08-28-2023, 01:04 PM)Synric Wrote: Another question is will Joe Burrow return to practice today?

Absolutely!  Hopeful Joe at least appears on the rehab field asap.  Are they holding practices today and tomorrow? With the cut down deadline being 4 pm tomorrow, are coaches otherwise occupied formulating practice squad and tracking waivers?

RE: THIS IS THE WEEK - Nately120 - 08-28-2023

I assume it doesn't matter in the end, but choosing to announce Burrow's extension as part of a TV show seem a bit overly gimmicky given how we're supposed to be more about the team and the on the field stuff and a reduction of egos and individuals.  It just seems a little more "bad old days" Bengals than a quiet and substance over style guy like Burrow would lend himself to.

RE: THIS IS THE WEEK - NUGDUKWE - 08-28-2023

(08-28-2023, 01:39 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: Absolutely!  Hopeful Joe at least appears on the rehab field asap.  Are they holding practices today and tomorrow? With the cut down deadline being 4 pm tomorrow, are coaches otherwise occupied formulating practice squad and tracking waivers?

I was wondering when they are going to be practicing. I'm hoping that Burrow will be back at practice immediately. They are probably going to be on the in season practice schedule so that would mean first practice on Wednesday. 

RE: THIS IS THE WEEK - PDub80 - 08-29-2023

(08-21-2023, 04:12 PM)Bengalion Wrote: They've been dating since Joe's Ohio State years when he was basically starting his carreer and a nobody. Going by her personality and posts, she doesn't look like these gold diggers. Staying loyal to people that enjoy being around you from early on should mean something imo. 

Of course it should! I wasn't banging on her or Joe. I was replying in general to some comments. That's all.

That being said, marriages go South regardless of how well you know someone. Protecting one's assets and hard work is important, no matter how long people have been together.

RE: THIS IS THE WEEK - Wyche'sWarrior - 08-29-2023

(08-28-2023, 02:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I assume it doesn't matter in the end, but choosing to announce Burrow's extension as part of a TV show seem a bit overly gimmicky given how we're supposed to be more about the team and the on the field stuff and a reduction of egos and individuals.  It just seems a little more "bad old days" Bengals than a quiet and substance over style guy like Burrow would lend himself to.

Welp, it didn't happen....

RE: THIS IS THE WEEK - Sled21 - 08-29-2023

(08-29-2023, 01:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: Welp, it didn't happen....

Too much time in that episode spent on that fan of the year dude.

RE: THIS IS THE WEEK - jj22 - 08-29-2023

The media is going to turn on MB (if they had grew any respect for him) if this isn't done this week. The cheap (literally) comments / attacks are going to be the talking points across all outlets.

RE: THIS IS THE WEEK - XenoMorph - 08-29-2023

(08-29-2023, 02:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: The media is going to turn on MB (if they had grew any respect for him) if this isn't done this week. The cheap (literally) comments / attacks are going to be the talking points across all outlets.

has 2 years left on his deal... Not extremely worried if its not done this moment

RE: THIS IS THE WEEK - Wyche'sWarrior - 08-29-2023

(08-29-2023, 02:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Too much time in that episode spent on that fan of the year dude.

Agreed. 

RE: THIS IS THE WEEK - Ell Prez - 08-29-2023

(08-28-2023, 08:11 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: What Breech said....

Well…All access is out, so where is the contract announcement?

Next up it will be” they’re waiting to clear him so he can practice and announce it the same day”.

This deal is hard to get. Why would the largest contract in history come easy to the Bengals. History says this will be a very tough negotiated contract. Both sides haven’t reached an agreement….obviously

RE: THIS IS THE WEEK - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-29-2023

(08-29-2023, 02:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: has 2 years left on his deal... Not extremely worried if its not done this moment

Still think from all the talk we will get it done right before the season starts and true, we have time.

I just think Burrow will be a lot more spendy after he has his best season of his career this year.

RE: THIS IS THE WEEK - Nately120 - 08-29-2023

(08-29-2023, 04:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Still think from all the talk we will get it done right before the season starts and true, we have time.

I just think Burrow will be a lot more spendy after he has his best season of his career this year.

If we know this, Burrow knows this, and that's why we have to hope he's not living for making every cent he can make.  We are basically saying "You're going to be so good this year you are going to be worth a lot more money next year....so um sign this now before you do stuff that benefits our organization and then you are worth more, please."

Burrow is bailing the Brown family out of 30+ years of mediocre to terrible performance and business decisions.  If he wants a blank check, he's earned it.

RE: THIS IS THE WEEK - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-29-2023

(08-29-2023, 04:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If we know this, Burrow knows this, and that's why we have to hope he's not living for making every cent he can make.  We are basically saying "You're going to be so good this year you are going to be worth a lot more money next year....so um sign this now before you do stuff that benefits our organization and then you are worth more, please."

Burrow is bailing the Brown family out of 30+ years of mediocre to terrible performance and business decisions.  If he wants a blank check, he's earned it.

Yes he has, great points. Wink

RE: THIS IS THE WEEK - Ell Prez - 08-29-2023

(08-28-2023, 08:11 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: What Breech said....

Well…All access is out, so where is the contract announcement?

Next up it will be” they’re waiting to clear him so he can practice and announce it the same day”.

This deal is hard to get. Why would the largest contract in history come easy to the Bengals. History says this will be a very tough negotiated contract. Both sides haven’t reached an agreement….obviously

RE: THIS IS THE WEEK - Nately120 - 08-29-2023

It'll get done. This franchise is pretty much toast if it doesn't do right by Burrow.