Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THIS IS THE WEEK
EXTENSION TIME!

I can feel it WAY DOWN DEEP IN MA PLUMS! LET THE BOY WATCH!
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2023, 10:23 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: EXTENSION TIME!

I'd have to conclude that this week would be the week as well.

No real reason to drag it out longer, IMO.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Rumor has it that Joe finally gave Olivia a diamond after asking that commitment question.  He needs that extension, he has a wedding to pay for

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

I haven't heard that reference in such a long time. East bound and down is such a funny series.
Reply/Quote
Why would a rich player marry, and risk losing half of everything he/she's worked their entire life to achieve? Stay engaged forever Joe. Don't fall for it. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2023, 12:49 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Why would a rich player marry, and risk losing half of everything he/she's worked their entire life to achieve? Stay engaged forever Joe. Don't fall for it. Ninja

Surely there is a prenup involved. 
Reply/Quote
Maybe Burrow is marrying a woman who doesn't care if he makes an insane amount of money and we should hope he locks her down before a woman who wants him to make eleventy gazillion dollars catches his eye.
Reply/Quote
didn't we sign Palmer to the extension early in the season (whichever season that was)?

If it doesn't happen this week or next I'm still hopeful it gets done early. If Burrow is lights out this year then it's only going to cost significantly more next season.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2023, 12:55 PM)740Bengal Wrote: Surely there is a prenup involved. 

Not in Ohio. You can get one, but it might as well be written on a piece of toilet paper because it aint worth crap. Ohio is a no-fault state. All assets are split in 1/2. I've lost half 3x. I know.

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2023, 01:21 PM)basballguy Wrote: didn't we sign Palmer to the extension early in the season (whichever season that was)?

If it doesn't happen this week or next I'm still hopeful it gets done early. If Burrow is lights out this year then it's only going to cost significantly more next season.

IIRC it was towards the end of 2005 regular season.
Reply/Quote
I predict they will announce the extension the same day he returns to practice just so we can listen to media claim Joe was holding out of TC until the extension was signed

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2023, 12:49 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Why would a rich player marry, and risk losing half of everything he/she's worked their entire life to achieve? Stay engaged forever Joe. Don't fall for it. Ninja

(08-21-2023, 12:55 PM)740Bengal Wrote: Surely there is a prenup involved. 

He won't be married BEFORE the contract is signed. In Ohio, you typically get to keep what you came into a marriage with. I don't think he has anything to worry about there.

That being said, Joe seems super grounded and has been with this chick a long time. He knows what he's doing!
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2023, 03:05 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: IIRC it was towards the end of 2005 regular season.

Yep. It was announced right before the last regular season game in 2005. 

Grab a chuckle off this. 

"Hopefully this is the last place I'll end up playing," Palmer

said. "That's so rare in this league these days. It's so rare to
see a person have a 5-, 8-, 10-, 12-year career in one place. And I
feel very fortunate that it looks like that's going to be my
future."

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
She's been with Burrow since 2017 at least, so she predates all the fame and fortune. He was going to OSU when they met. So I doubt she is in it for the money.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2023, 03:08 PM)PDub80 Wrote: He won't be married BEFORE the contract is signed. In Ohio, you typically get to keep what you came into a marriage with. I don't think he has anything to worry about there.

That being said, Joe seems super grounded and has been with this chick a long time. He knows what he's doing!

They've been dating since Joe's Ohio State years when he was basically starting his carreer and a nobody. Going by her personality and posts, she doesn't look like these gold diggers. Staying loyal to people that enjoy being around you from early on should mean something imo. 
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2023, 04:12 PM)Bengalion Wrote: They've been dating since Joe's Ohio State years when he was basically starting his carreer and a nobody. Going by her personality and posts, she doesn't look like these gold diggers. Staying loyal to people that enjoy being around you from early on should mean something imo. 

Does she do tik tok videos with Joe's annoying ass-clown of a brother? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2023, 03:08 PM)PDub80 Wrote: That being said, Joe seems super grounded and has been with this chick a long time. He knows what he's doing!

Maybe, but being grounded and having hundreds of millions of dollars don't always go hand in hand.  It's like Cyndi Lauper said "Money....money changes everything."
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2023, 04:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's like Cyndi Lauper said "Money....money changes everything."

Wasn't that Ron Pearlman in the game Fallout?  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
i predict #9 signs on 9/9
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2023, 04:41 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Wasn't that Ron Pearlman in the game Fallout?  Mellow

Mr Pearlman has been the narrator for All the Fallout games so far i believe.  (at least opening and closing)

"War... War Never Changes..."
Reply/Quote