Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THIS IS THE WEEK
Don't see Burrow getting less than $53 million a year and that would just barely top Herbert and Hurts contracts.

Believe he is worth more but think this is the cheapest the Bengals can possibly get away with paying him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 06:01 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Don't see Burrow getting less than $53 million a year and that would just barely top Herbert and Hurts contracts.

Believe he is worth more but think this is the cheapest the Bengals can possibly get away with paying him.

55 mil a year should be fine. Let's get'er done!!! Wink
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 06:01 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Don't see Burrow getting less than $53 million a year and that would just barely top Herbert and Hurts contracts.

If Burrow wanted paid like Herbert and Hurts, it would have been done by now.  Burrow is wanting something more
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 07:54 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: If Burrow wanted paid like Herbert and Hurts, it would have been done by now.  Burrow is wanting something more

Burrow is going to get whatever he wants so don't believe that is holding anything up. 

Not sure what is holding the signing up, but the team is not really in a great place to negotiate.

It's no secret that Joe is a must sign for the Bengals and the entire world knows it.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 08:04 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Burrow is going to get whatever he wants so don't believe that is holding anything up. 

Not sure what is holding the signing up, but the team is not really in a great place to negotiate.

It's no secret that Joe is a must sign for the Bengals and the entire world knows it.

Burrow just cant go in and demand anything he wants because there is a reasonable limit no matter how good you are.  All top tier QB are a must sign.  What are the Chargers with Herbert?  Could Herbert have went in and demanded 65 million per year?  There is a limit.
Reply/Quote
I know he’s not playing one regular season snap w/o an extension so i wouldn’t worry about it
-Housh
Reply/Quote
What will happen if the deal doesn't get done before the Browns game?
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 08:23 PM)Bengalion Wrote: What will happen if the deal doesn't get done before the Browns game?

It makes no sense for us or Burrow for no deal to be done by game 1.

No way Burrow is playing a down without a long term commitment and no way the Bengals even want to RISK Burrow hitting free agency.

If Joe Burrow hit unrestricted free agency in 2025 it would probably be the largest rush to sign a QB of all time.

I’m only 32 and i don’t think any Qb’s free agency would top what Burrows would look like. It’s not like Carson Palmer where we owned his rights during his retirement so a team still had to trade for him. If Burrow hit UFA, we’d be screwed
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 08:23 PM)Bengalion Wrote: What will happen if the deal doesn't get done before the Browns game?

Then it's a massive failure by the FO.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I would love to know if he’s practicing on the quiet maybe inside the stadium away from the fields other side of the road.

I imagine he will be just about fully fit now so should be near enough full go.

If it’s not done by this time next week serious alarm bells will be ringing for me.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 12:08 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: I would love to know if he’s practicing on the quiet maybe inside the stadium away from the fields other side of the road.

I imagine he will be just about fully fit now so should be near enough full go.

If it’s not done by this time next week serious alarm bells will be ringing for me.

I don't know about practicing but he must be doing all his rehab away from the cameras as there has been no news of him on the rehab field. I suppose that's why he hasn't been at many practices. I know all things point to him being fine but my level of concern is starting to rise because I think he needs all of the next two weeks if he is gonna be ready for week 1. My hope is that his contract is announced this weekend or early next week followed quickly by the news that he has returned to practice.
Reply/Quote
Sooner the better.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 12:43 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Sooner the better.

As much as they've talked about how important to keep the core group together, it would not surprise me one bit to find out Katie has been working with 3 agents (hence the delay) and when they announce, they announce Joe, Tee and Uno all signed at once. Deals will be structured differently to allow the cap hits to be mitigated.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 04:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: lh7bk.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2023, 12:38 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Is it still The Week?

Still? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 06:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: As much as they've talked about how important to keep the core group together, it would not surprise me one bit to find out Katie has been working with 3 agents (hence the delay) and when they announce, they announce Joe, Tee and Uno all signed at once. Deals will be structured differently to allow the cap hits to be mitigated.

Chase cant sign an extension until next year so Katie definitely isnt working on anything regarding Chase.
Reply/Quote
[Image: dfHvqj.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2023, 06:51 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: dfHvqj.gif]

If Mike needs more money to meet Joe's demands...

[Image: theres-always-money-in-the-banana-stand.gif]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 08:18 PM)Housh Wrote: I know he’s not playing one regular season snap w/o an extension so i wouldn’t worry about it

(08-25-2023, 09:00 PM)Housh Wrote: It makes no sense for us or Burrow for no deal to be done by game 1.

No way Burrow is playing a down without a long term commitment and no way the Bengals even want to RISK Burrow hitting free agency.

If Joe Burrow hit unrestricted free agency in 2025 it would probably be the largest rush to sign a QB of all time.

I’m only 32 and i don’t think any Qb’s free agency would top what Burrows would look like. It’s not like Carson Palmer where we owned his rights during his retirement so a team still had to trade for him. If Burrow hit UFA, we’d be screwed

"I know he’s not playing one regular season snap w/o an extension".  Actually, no you dont.    Why do so many make such absolute claims?  

"No way Burrow is playing a down without a long term commitment".  This year?  Of course he could.  QBs have done it all the time.  Lamar just did it twice.  Burrow has NEVER brought up his contract without being asked about it. He has 2 years left right now.  You think he would hold out really?

These are really dumb claims. I generally like your posts even tho it's obvious that some are so wrong I wonder what you are watching.  But these takes are really bad.

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 07:54 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: If Burrow wanted paid like Herbert and Hurts, it would have been done by now.  Burrow is wanting something more

Or it could be a Tee hangup, or they are working a longer term deal.  You continue to comment as if you know it as fact, and that fact is always Burrow's greed that is the hold up. 

Reply/Quote