Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THIS IS THE WEEK
(08-21-2023, 01:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not in Ohio. You can get one, but it might as well be written on a piece of toilet paper because it aint worth crap. Ohio is a no-fault state. All assets are split in 1/2. I've lost half 3x. I know.
Once it's a mistake, 2 you should've known better,  3 you're not meant to be married. I was engaged once, that did me in.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2023, 03:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. It was announced right before the last regular season game in 2005. 

Grab a chuckle off this. 

"Hopefully this is the last place I'll end up playing," Palmer

said. "That's so rare in this league these days. It's so rare to
see a person have a 5-, 8-, 10-, 12-year career in one place. And I
feel very fortunate that it looks like that's going to be my
future."

Maybe he would'nt have left or soured on the team if Mike had a brain & Marvin had a sack.
Reply/Quote
Is it still The Week?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2023, 12:38 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Is it still The Week?

Yeah - I mean technically we have until Sunday, right? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2023, 09:41 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yeah - I mean technically we have until Sunday, right? 

Well, if we were being completely technical about it, I suppose we can give it until 9:22:59 AM EDT Monday.  But I'm afraid that's the absolute best we can do.  The tar and feathers come out after that.   
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2023, 03:51 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Well, if we were being completely technical about it, I suppose we can give it until 9:22:59 AM EDT Monday.  But I'm afraid that's the absolute best we can do.  The tar and feathers come out after that.   

Yeah, will be crazy around here if nothing happens. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2023, 01:44 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: I am starting to get nervous. Are we being cheap again? All the years of pain are ringing in my head. We should have had this done before signing Wilson and Trey to extensions.

Our recent back up play only shows that no one is as important as Burrow. This should have been taken care of 5 minutes after the Herbert extension. What are we waiting for??????? Just getting nervous.............

Like for one is he really hurt? Seems like a smart way to not play while you wait for a new contract whilst not being labeled a hold out or branded an ahole by the fans. Just nervous and the contract would make me feel nice and cozy

It really feels like that Burrow's deal might be tied to Tee. The FO has been planning for his extension for quite some time. There's no way his deal alone should take this long.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
What's the hurry to sign Burrow? He's still got 2 years left on his current deal if they pick up the option. Wouldn't it be better to stagger these huge contracts so they're more cap friendly? Get Tee signed this year, pick up Burrow's 5th year option so we can pay Chase next year, and then sign Burrow to a HUGE contract during his 5th year option.

Now all you capologists can let me have it for my "crazy" thoughts.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 01:14 PM)Mer Wrote: What's the hurry to sign Burrow? He's still got 2 years left on his current deal if they pick up the option. Wouldn't it be better to stagger these huge contracts so they're more cap friendly? Get Tee signed this year, pick up Burrow's 5th year option so we can pay Chase next year, and then sign Burrow to a HUGE contract during his 5th year option.

As I've said, we want Burrow to sign a friendly deal now while simultaneously expecting him to deliver our franchise's first Lombardi, as well as be the league MVP and SB MVP 6 months from now.  Personally, I'm taking the ultra homer path where Burrow doesn't get a contract done, does all that stuff, and then the Browns have to sign over 51% ownership of the Bengals to him and he continues his career as a player/owner.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 01:14 PM)Mer Wrote: What's the hurry to sign Burrow? He's still got 2 years left on his current deal if they pick up the option. Wouldn't it be better to stagger these huge contracts so they're more cap friendly? Get Tee signed this year, pick up Burrow's 5th year option so we can pay Chase next year, and then sign Burrow to a HUGE contract during his 5th year option.

I am not a super capologist, but I do think there is some cap benefit to signing Burrow to the extension this year rather than next. It is that you can then pro-rate the signing bonus out over more years.

However, you are correct that spacing things out will help. We get s8me help on that already.  Here is the schedule:

2023: Burrow $11.5, Chase $8.4, Higgins $3.96 
2024: Burrow $29.5, Chase $9.8, Higgins FA/new deal around $20 mil 
2025: Burrow new deal $45-$50 mil, Chase 5th year opt $20 mil, Tee $20+ mil 
2026: all fully on new deals 

We have around $22 mil or so in cap space. I think the plan is to structure the extensions so as much as possible gets pushed into this year, while attempting to have a lighter burden in 2024 going forward, where 2 or 3 of them will all be making $20-$30 mil. Or we could roll some savings into next year so our cap number is actually higher. 

The main benefit of NOT doing it that way would be more $$ to use in FA, but that ship has mostly sailed at this point for this season. 

2024: +40 mil. Burrow goes +$18 mil, Tee +$20 mil (ish), and Chase +$2. 
2025: +34 mil. Burrow +$21 (ish), Chase +$10 (ish), Tee +$3 ish. (his raise). 
2026: +16 mil. Chase gets his big bump (+$10 mil), Joe & Tee yearly's (+3 each?) 

The cap will go up some ($15 mil, $20?). And we have some big tickets FAs: Jonah ($12.6), Reader ($15 mil), Boyd ($10 mil), Chido ($8). But everyone on contract will also get raises (Brown, Hendrickson, Wilson, Pratt). 

Even if some guys take a haircut, keeping everyone is not an option. Unless Burrow takes the haircut. 
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 02:20 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I am not a super capologist, but I do think there is some cap benefit to signing Burrow to the extension this year rather than next. It is that you can then pro-rate the signing bonus out over more years.

However, you are correct that spacing things out will help. We get s8me help on that already.  Here is the schedule:

2023: Burrow $11.5, Chase $8.4, Higgins $3.96 
2024: Burrow $29.5, Chase $9.8, Higgins FA/new deal around $20 mil 
2025: Burrow new deal $45-$50 mil, Chase 5th year opt $20 mil, Tee $20+ mil 
2026: all fully on new deals 

We have around $22 mil or so in cap space. I think the plan is to structure the extensions so as much as possible gets pushed into this year, while attempting to have a lighter burden in 2024 going forward, where 2 or 3 of them will all be making $20-$30 mil. Or we could roll some savings into next year so our cap number is actually higher. 

The main benefit of NOT doing it that way would be more $$ to use in FA, but that ship has mostly sailed at this point for this season. 

2024: +40 mil. Burrow goes +$18 mil, Tee +$20 mil (ish), and Chase +$2. 
2025: +34 mil. Burrow +$21 (ish), Chase +$10 (ish), Tee +$3 ish. (his raise). 
2026: +16 mil. Chase gets his big bump (+$10 mil), Joe & Tee yearly's (+3 each?) 

The cap will go up some ($15 mil, $20?). And we have some big tickets FAs: Jonah ($12.6), Reader ($15 mil), Boyd ($10 mil), Chido ($8). But everyone on contract will also get raises (Brown, Hendrickson, Wilson, Pratt). 

Even if some guys take a haircut, keeping everyone is not an option. Unless Burrow takes the haircut. 

Nice break down IC85. I appreciate your input and insight.
Reply/Quote
Paycore has been lit up in green multiple times this week. I think Friday is the day, people. They are slick.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 03:35 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Paycore has been lit up in green multiple times this week. I think Friday is the day, people. They are slick.

White smoke for a new Pope and green lights for a new Burrow deal?  Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
get ready, my Source tells me.. "Concentrate and ask again"
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 03:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: Waiting-Skeleton-wmlxx.jpg]
Reply/Quote

“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 04:32 PM)Awful Llama Wrote:

Great...now you got me running to youtube to watch Tom Petty videos. Rant

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 04:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Great...now you got me running to youtube to watch Tom Petty videos. Rant

That's like, the least annoying and stupid thing you can do on there.
Reply/Quote