Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THIS IS THE WEEK
(08-27-2023, 09:29 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah we are all speculating at this point. But it does seem reasonable to speculate Burrow is asking for something extra whether it be money or a guarantee they sign certain players. It just seems like the contract #s should've written themselves with Lamar, Hurts and Herbert all signing...

Exactly my point.  Something is going on with the negotiation.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 04:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All true and also expecting Burrow to make his biggest jump this season if he enters the opener 100% and stays healthy.

He should be in the MVP conversation this season easily and could win a SB and that also will drive up his price.

Get it done now, but like I said, I am thinking the contract has already been written up and agreed to and they are waiting for a 
certain time to announce it all for entertainment purposes as this FO is into this stuff big time.

(08-27-2023, 04:31 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Maybe, but I cannot remember a time in which they have ever done this? 

I still think Burrow's deal is awaiting some language that possibly pertains to Tee or some other roster flexibility issue that would require a structure tweak.  I have zero doubt that the numbers are done.

Doubt they would agree to allow terms in Burrow’s contract directly affect any other player’s contract terms. That would/could put them in a poor negotiating position.

Much more inclined to agree with Nate. The Blackburns have placed a heavy emphasis on marketing. The premier episode of “Bengals From the Jungle All Access” is scheduled for 12:00 noon Tuesday August 29 Episode 1 - Heartbeat. Won’t be surprised to see Burrow’s extension announced at the end, maybe even Tee’s.
Reply/Quote
[Image: cq5damweb12801280.jpeg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Maybe it’s just complicated negotiating the biggest NFL contract in history?
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 09:45 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: Doubt they would agree to allow terms in Burrow’s contract directly affect any other player’s contract terms. That would/could put them in a poor negotiating position.

Much more inclined to agree with Nate. The Blackburns have placed a heavy emphasis on marketing. The premier episode of “Bengals From the Jungle All Access” is scheduled for 12:00 noon Tuesday August 29 Episode 1 - Heartbeat. Won’t be surprised to see Burrow’s extension announced at the end, maybe even Tee’s.

That's not a bad point. The way they are marketing the team now, and hyping every little thing on the socials, this could certainly be the case. Interesting title for the first episode too. Foreshadowing, perhaps?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 11:16 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: That's not a bad point. The way they are marketing the team now, and hyping every little thing on the socials, this could certainly be the case. Interesting title for the first episode too. Foreshadowing, perhaps?

How would Joe burrow feel about this? Hey Joe, we have this 500M contract, $100M coming your way once you sing. Excited right? Ok we’re not gonna give it to you yet. We want to do it when a tv show comes out. You don’t mind waiting, right?
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 11:23 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: How would Joe burrow feel about this? Hey Joe, we have this 500M contract, $100M coming your way once you sing. Excited right? Ok we’re not gonna give it to you yet. We want to do it when a tv show comes out. You don’t mind waiting, right?

Signing the deal and announcing it aren’t necessarily the same.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 11:23 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: How would Joe burrow feel about this? Hey Joe, we have this 500M contract, $100M coming your way once you sing. Excited right? Ok we’re not gonna give it to you yet. We want to do it when a tv show comes out. You don’t mind waiting, right?

I would be surprised if this is what actually happens, although it would be more welcome than no deal at all. He could have already signed the deal though and it not be announced yet. 
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 04:31 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Maybe, but I cannot remember a time in which they have ever done this? 

I still think Burrow's deal is awaiting some language that possibly pertains to Tee or some other roster flexibility issue that would require a structure tweak.  I have zero doubt that the numbers are done.

I stated the same thing in the other Burrow's contract thread. I think the parameters are set in Joe's contract, but Burrow is adamant about keeping Tee and Ja'marr. Joe might be willing to tweak his contract a little to keep Tee.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 09:45 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: Doubt they would agree to allow terms in Burrow’s contract directly affect any other player’s contract terms. That would/could put them in a poor negotiating position.

You have that backwards and kinda wrong.  Burrow has the massive contract, his will be the one with flexibility.  It would be Tee's contract terms that potentially impacts the structure, in some minor way, of Burrow's deal.  It has nothing to do with negotiating positions, just flexibility to fit both players within the cap.

The marketing thought is an idea I guess, not sure I have ever seen it in the NFL and doesnt really fit our style.  

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 01:11 AM)casear2727 Wrote: You have that backwards and kinda wrong.  Burrow has the massive contract, his will be the one with flexibility.  It would be Tee's contract terms that potentially impacts the structure, in some minor way, of Burrow's deal.  It has nothing to do with negotiating positions, just flexibility to fit both players within the cap.

The marketing thought is an idea I guess, not sure I have ever seen it in the NFL and doesnt really fit our style.  

It hasn't in the past, but as we've seen, it's a whole new day since the Blackburn sisters got involved. That's the only thing that makes the theory plausible.

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 11:23 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: How would Joe burrow feel about this? Hey Joe, we have this 500M contract, $100M coming your way once you sing. Excited right? Ok we’re not gonna give it to you yet. We want to do it when a tv show comes out. You don’t mind waiting, right?

(08-27-2023, 11:55 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Signing the deal and announcing it aren’t necessarily the same.

What Breech said....

Reply/Quote
[Image: 7x7576.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tenor.co%2Fimages...ipo=images]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
THIS IS THE WEEK!!!

Mellow
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 05:52 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Exactly my point.  Something is going on with the negotiation.

The Bengals seems to like to announce extensions right before the season begins.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2023, 11:57 PM)TheFan Wrote: I would be surprised if this is what actually happens, although it would be more welcome than no deal at all. He could have already signed the deal though and it not be announced yet. 

Not sure he could do it that way.
Once signed, don't the Bengals have to report it to the NFL (and those jerks wouldn't keep it to themselves).
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 10:40 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Not sure he could do it that way.
Once signed, don't the Bengals have to report it to the NFL (and those jerks wouldn't keep it to themselves).

I have no idea. If that is the case I think it would dispel the fantasy of the deal/announcement going down this way. Which I think was already a longshot.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 10:40 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Not sure he could do it that way.

All contracts have to be approved by the NFL.  So yes they would know.  No idea if there is some kind of NDA or something that would keep someone from the league office from leaking it before the Bengals would want to announce it.  It would surprise me if there was something like that since the NFL loves hype and that would be a big news story I think they would be itching to go to the media with.

Also I guess the NFL could have already approved a Burrow contract and he just hasn't signed it yet but that seems like it would be kind of weird too. Who knows?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Another question is will Joe Burrow return to practice today?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote