Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{ Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } (/Thread-Postgame-Reactions-Thread-Week-1)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: 275 - Tony - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 06:27 PM)Housh Wrote: Obviously he was injured.

You’ve just been sitting on this if this is the game you choose to pull it out.

Enough with the excuses. He sucked

RE: 275 - Nicomo Cosca - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 06:37 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: If he’s injured- he shouldn’t be playing.

#jamarrwasright

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Fan_in_Kettering - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 06:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Was his hand injured? The dude couldn't grip the ball

That too! What I was referring was Joe’s inability to plant his right foot and push off today. Usually his plant and throw technique is the best in the league but today he was favoring the right calf. I don’t think Joe has completely recovered.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - THE PISTONS - 09-10-2023

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Nately120 - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 06:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Was his hand injured? The dude couldn't grip the ball

Better dig up that "small hands" thread from 3 years ago.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Synric - 09-10-2023

Neither could Watson that's why he drove so many balls in to the ground.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Chezaugie - 09-10-2023

We can only hope Burrow doesn't become the Bengals' version of Homer Bailey.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Nepa - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 06:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote:

That's a brutal tweet.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Sled21 - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 05:27 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Easily top five of worst performances I've ever seen by a Bengals team, and I've been watching for almost  50 years.  I am not hopeful going forward. The line didn't seem to be significantly improved, the running game is missing( as expected), the defense gave up over 200 yds on the ground, special teams left much to be desired, the team seemed uninspired, Joe B. seemed scared of the rain, Zac is still calling crappy plays... Abject disaster!  I don't know how all of that gets fixed.

OMG..... exagerate much???

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Fan_in_Kettering - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 06:48 PM)Nepa Wrote: That's a brutal tweet.

Brutal but accurate.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Rattler - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 06:25 PM)TheFan Wrote: When your QB is playing awful and your play caller is already bad it makes it a hard day. How many times did we attack the middle of the field? I genuinely can't remember a single pass over the middle but I'm sure there were 1 or 2. I do remember Burrow throwing the ball out of bounds multiple times or dumping it off 1-2 yards of the line of scrimmage instantly. Burrow made 0 plays out of thr pocket and even grounded a ball instead of trying to make a play. He gave up and it was obvious. 

Not that I agreed with all the play calling, but you could have Bill Walsh calling the plays with Montana under center, and it wouldn't matter.
If there is zero pocket or time to throw the ball, any pure pocket passer that has ever played the game will struggle.

Hell, half of the pass the plays didn't even have time to develop before Burrow was on the run or looking out the ear hole of his helmet.
Garrett in the back field all day while worthless Jonah is blocking air.

Burrow is not going to win many games with his legs, and if we don't protect him better, he won't be around long.

{ Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - bjf123 - 09-10-2023

Next week just became must win. Can’t go 0-2 in the division and hope to win it. Last year, we were up against a rookie QB in PIT, a QB in CLE who hadn’t played in a year, and a missing Lamar Jackson in BAL at the end of the season. None of that applies this year. Lose next week and we’re playing for a wild card spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - RunKijanaRun - 09-10-2023

It was an unmitigated disaster and has me recalibrating every expectation I had for the team, its players and coaches.

Burrow was embarrassing. And his aw shucks attitude at the press conference was almost as bad as his play. Yeah, one game, I know. But his attitude and demeanor during and after the game was way off.

Zac Taylor needs to give up the headset. He’s shit.

OL was good enough. Not a liability.

Darrin Simmons should have been fired 2 years ago. He’s robbing this franchise. And if he had any input on the selection of Robbins, well..

Defense was good. I know Lou will probably get a HC job this offseason, but I’d rather he stay than Lac.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - michaelsean - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 06:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Chubb ran for 100+ at almost 6 yards a clip. Not sure this will be the game Reader’s agent uses to get him paid.

Reader isn’t responsible for cutbacks. He stuffed the holes.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - bfine32 - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 06:50 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Next week just became must win. Can’t go 0-2 in the division and hope to win it. Last year, we were up against a rookie QB in PIT, a QB in CLE who hadn’t played in a year, and a missing Lamar Jackson in BAL at the end of the season. None of that applies this year. Lose next week and we’re playing for a wild card spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure we can. We did it last year

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - jj22 - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 06:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: OMG..... exagerate much???

Bengals look like the worst team in the league by far. Humiliated on the National stage. 

This was the kind of loss that defines a season. 

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Nately120 - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 06:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: Bengals look like the worst team in the league by far. Humiliated on the National stage. 

I'll agree we looked like crap today, but in no way will I agree that Cleveland Ohio at 1pm is a national stage.

EDIT - oh wait, I did glance at the 1pm TV map, so all jokes aside yea we got a buttload of coverage.  D'oh.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - bfine32 - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 06:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: Bengals look like the worst team in the league by far. Humiliated on the National stage. 

You've already watched every other game?

I thought the D looked pretty good. 

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - NUGDUKWE - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 06:26 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: All the reason to conclude Zak Taylor is ass as a coach.  This is on him

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zac does somethings well but Burrow>Zac 1000%. Burrow is expected to just run the play and read and deliver the ball. Which he is very good at but if he's off which he probably is week 1 missing significant time and then add in the rain it's probably gonna be ugly like it was today. Taylor just seems to ever really scheme a good play to get someone open. Our offense consisted of quick throws to Chase behind the line or chucking it deep to Tee with some runs. It is hard to judge the offense when you keep going 3 and out but it would've been a good game to have a lot of plays to help Burrow out.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - George Cantstandya - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 06:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure we can. We did it last year

To be fair they didn't lose 2 divisional games at the start of last year.  They lost week 1 to Pittsburgh and week 2 to Dallas.   All that said I'm not panicking. On to next week at home against the Ravens.