Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Burrow Wrist Injury - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Burrow Wrist Injury (/Thread-Burrow-Wrist-Injury)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Burrow Wrist Injury - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 12:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: You are forgetting his knee and ankle injuries late in 2021, and even I at this point am forgetting injuries. He hasn't missed a game, but he's sucked in games due to injuries. This notion that you can only be injury prone if you miss games isn't accurate. Maybe this is why he forces his way on the field to avoid the label he'd get if he missed games.

This idea that separate, individual, unrelated injuries from playing a contact sports makes him injury prone isn’t accurate.

RE: Burrow Wrist Injury - casear2727 - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 10:37 AM)jj22 Wrote: It's time to quit suspending and banning posters for speaking the truth and suspend and ban those posters who demand positivity and dictate which arguments are legit and which aren't. They are the one's that have been wrong more often then not the last two decades. Joe has been hurt. His arm was wrapped a couple weeks ago after the SF game and folks shot down anyone who brought it up for being negative drama queens after a win..... yet we were right once again.

Here's the truth that's been said and it's time for folks around here to face... Joe Luck has the body of a 50 year old. The beatings have taken there toll. He is injury prone, has been yearly since 2016, he can't stay healthy, and it's only going to get worse in the following seasons as his body continues to break down. We are stuck with him for the next 7 years, and these injury issues/story will be repeated over and over again over those 7 years. This contract may end up being worse than the Watson contract.

This team's moment has passed, the window is closed, and we have questions at QB, WR, TE, RB, OLine, DL, CB, S, HC, OC, DC...... Nothing that will be fixed in 1 offseason. A rebuild is needed with some youth and speed. This team looks fat off of "success" and doesn't have the energy or the drive that you seen when they were trying to prove themselves.

We weren't witnessing a dynasty in the making the last two years. This isn't the Brady Patriots or the Mahomes Chiefs. It was the 2009 / 2010 JETS and we all know how that "dynasty" ended.

(11-17-2023, 01:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: And yet I'm always right.... And I did play so I'm not sure why you keep repeating that. Not at a professional level obviously. But this the second time you then made an assumption which is off. But not worth debating because I just like anyone could say anything on here. But for the record that line of attack isn't accurate. 

You are not right a lot of the time. And no sorry, you did not play past sitting on the bench in middle school. The takes are very evident.

And I can dispute a ton of that original post. (And so many more)

1. Only people that never played do not understand that almost every NFL player is dinged after every game.

2. Joe does not have the body of a 50 year old, that is stupid & doesnt need clarification.

3. Saying we are "stuck" with Burrow for the next 7 years and comparing him to Watson is another level of stupidity, but then again you didnt know that he had brought the team back to multiple wins in the 4th Qtr.

4. The team's moment has passed and needs youth. We have one of the youngest rosters in the NFL. 4 DBs are in year 1 or 2, both LBs are 27, 2 best WRs are 24 & 23, our entire depth on the dline is under 25.

5. Only a nonball knowing person would think to scrap this team and try to rebuild with even younger players, this isnt Madden, and we are not the greatest drafting organization.

You being mad at people disagreeing with your emotional and inaccurate comments doesnt make much sense.

(11-17-2023, 01:27 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: You're rarely right. You just often say something and stop responding when it is refuted. 

This is the most accurate comment on the board this week.

RE: Burrow Wrist Injury - jj22 - 11-17-2023

Arguing with me as you have since the Summer that he isn't injury prone while claiming how different things would be if he was healthy (as you guys have all season)..... just isn't the blow to me you guys think it is......

RE: Burrow Wrist Injury - WeezyBengal - 11-17-2023

I'd like to put this out there:

I am not convinced Joe Burrow didn't walk into the stadium holding a prosthetic hand. As you can see from the video, there is an excessive amount of arm swinging and movement while he walks. Not like him.

Also, by looking at his hand, you can just "tell" it looks fake. Theres an extension there on his wrist that is abnormally long. His fingers are also stationary the entire time. You be the judge. I just want the truth at this point. Something bigger is going on here.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RE: Burrow Wrist Injury - Nicomo Cosca - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 01:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: Well I've never been accused of "stop" or not responding.... That I can guarantee.

Most of the time I am weeks ahead of everyone. But the board typically always catches up to my opinions. Pay attention next time, you'll see.

And I speak on behalf of many people who DM me thanking me for saying what I say given the way people treat those with differing opinions. There are a lot of people who don't say what they want due to the backlash from some of the same handful of posters.

We should do better around here making it a place were all feel welcomed to provide their opinions. Until they do. Know I will always speak up.

JJ22 ~ “Freedom Fighter”

Fighting for the rights of doom and gloomers everywhere!

(11-17-2023, 01:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: Is this you? Because that is disrespectful if not. 

More disrespectful than you claiming Burrow has the body of a 50 year old?

(11-17-2023, 01:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: Well I've never been accused of "stop" or not responding.... That I can guarantee.

Most of the time I am weeks ahead of everyone. But the board typically always catches up to my opinions. Pay attention next time, you'll see.

And I speak on behalf of many people who DM me thanking me for saying what I say given the way people treat those with differing opinions. There are a lot of people who don't say what they want due to the backlash from some of the same handful of posters.

We should do better around here making it a place were all feel welcomed to provide their opinions. Until they do. Know I will always speak up.

They allow a ton of totally inaccurate and absurd comments daily, usually from the same posters.  

"But the board typically always catches up to my opinions."  Lol, what a narcissistic individual.  If I cared enough, I could quote so many nonsensical and absolutely inaccurate takes by you that NO ONE would ever agree with.  

(11-17-2023, 01:41 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: More disrespectful than you claiming Burrow has the body of a 50 year old?

Earlier in the season it was “Burrow forgot how to play” and it wasn’t the calf at all. But now he’s “injury prone” again. I know, it’s hard to keep up.

(11-17-2023, 01:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: JJ22 ~ “Freedom Fighter”

Fighting for the rights of doom and gloomers everywhere!

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStrDJffLbuDs1bC7OmeXb...w&usqp=CAU]

(11-17-2023, 01:35 PM)casear2727 Wrote: You are not right a lot of the time.  And no sorry, you did not play past sitting on the bench in middle school.  The takes are very evident.

And I can dispute a ton of that original post. (And so many more)

1.  Only people that never played do not understand that almost every NFL player is dinged after every game. Surgery, being pulled from games, poor play due to injury isn't "dinged up". That would be Mahomes and his ankle, Lamar finishing the game yesterday,  who still wins games while dinged up...... 

2.  Joe does not have the body of a 50 year old, that is stupid & doesnt need clarification. The point remains even if you want to take the age literal. Anyone who takes a beating fills it. And body's due break down over time. But my point is being made in real time so for everyone to see, so I'm not concerned about the focus on the specific age I mentioned to distract from the point.

3.  Saying we are "stuck" with Burrow for the next 7 years and comparing him to Watson is another level of stupidity, but then again you didnt know that he had brought the team back to multiple wins in the 4th Qtr. 7 games in 4 years..... Is that good? When it mattered most, Burrow hasn't been as clutch as his rep has made him out to be. That also is highly debated outside of this board legitimately given the long stretches of failures this offense has had in big games that we lost (SB, AFCC). When we only needed a FG somewhere in the 7 or so drives. 

4.  The team's moment has passed and needs youth.  We have one of the youngest rosters in the NFL.  4 DBs are in year 1 or 2, both LBs are 27, 2 best WRs are 24 & 23, our entire depth on the dline is under 25. Ok, I'll give you youth from the age standpoint. But they've all had success and play like it. What I really mean is youth from an something to prove standpoint. They play like they've arrived, not like they are up and coming. Their success cam while they were young yes, but I don't see the hunger that you see in younger players that haven't experienced success. 

5.  Only a nonball knowing person would think to scrap this team and try to rebuild with even younger players, this isnt Madden, and we are not the greatest drafting organization. With the loss of TEE, Reader, and many others in the coming year, we are about to rebuild anyway so it's inevitable rather you like it or not. If we weren't headed for a rebuild, we would have re-signed Bell, Perine, Hursts etc. 

You being mad at people disagreeing with your emotional and inaccurate comments doesnt make much sense. I'm definitely not mad at anyone as like I said the board always catches up to my opinions eventually anyway. I can do this all day. 

(11-17-2023, 12:20 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: This is why people were pissed Burrow got drafted by the Bengals. Pretty sure I got warned for saying that, but I mean, who hides an injury like that? 

You are not a Bengals fan yet you are here often making these types of remarks.   

RE: Burrow Wrist Injury - Frank Booth - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 12:20 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: This is why people were pissed Burrow got drafted by the Bengals. Pretty sure I got warned for saying that, but I mean, who hides an injury like that? 

your name implies you're just on this board for burrow and possibly chase. You're not a bengals fan

(11-17-2023, 01:41 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: More disrespectful than you claiming Burrow has the body of a 50 year old?

I wasn't shaming anyone. And I certainly wasn't talking about size. 

RE: Burrow Wrist Injury - BigBad - 11-17-2023

Play through a calf injury where you can't push off and throwing mechanics will suffer.
Do this for too long and your throwing shoulder/elbow/wrist will strain.

I'd bet this is what has happened.

(11-17-2023, 01:42 PM)casear2727 Wrote: They allow a ton of totally inaccurate and absurd comments daily, usually from the same posters.  

"But the board typically always catches up to my opinions."  Lol, what a narcissistic individual.  If I cared enough, I could quote so many nonsensical and absolutely inaccurate takes by you that NO ONE would ever agree with.  

You do quote and comment on every one of my posts you claim is nonsensical etc.... Like every one of them. So you must care, which I know you do because whatever trap I set for conversation around here keeps snagging you..... And the same 3 posters who just can't take alternative views.

RE: Burrow Wrist Injury - Nately120 - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 12:31 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Wow. Would've been a great princess bride moment if he was like the truth is I'm actually left handed. 

Burrow - I'm actually Tua!

Pointing to Lamar’s durability is an interesting viewpoint… :ninja:

Who are we to determine who is Bengals fans or not? These reply's are why people avoid posting. Burrow and Chase brought many fans to the Bengals. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that and we must stand up to this form of board bullying.

I will if no one else will, and I challenge everyone to speak their mind and opinion freely.

(11-17-2023, 01:55 PM)BigBad Wrote: Play through a calf injury where you can't push off and throwing mechanics will suffer.
Do this for too long and your throwing shoulder/elbow/wrist will strain.

I'd bet this is what has happened.

Or you know…270 lb Clowney landed on his hand.