Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Callahan to Titans - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Callahan to Titans (/Thread-Callahan-to-Titans)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Callahan to Titans - BengalBob - 01-23-2024

The Bengals interviewed former Seahawks OL coach Andy Dickerson for their offensive coordinator job earlier today

Rooney Rule satisfied (i think)

Now sign Pitcher

RE: Callahan to Titans - J24 - 01-23-2024

(01-23-2024, 04:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Really man?  Nate acknowledged that Higgins had injury issues, as you even went on to parrot him on the topic, while blaming our QB for Higgins early season drops.  Truth is, Tee Higgins was having a subpar season, the hamstring injury notwithstanding.  I, for one, absolutely feel like the team could replace his production in the form of a 1st round draft choice.  Sure, we all like Tee Higgins, but I love the entity of the team and want the team to flourish with success over that of individual players' bank accounts.  
I was ribbing hin man; It's all in fun man and there is no ill will towards him from me or him to me.  

A rookie isn't going to replace Tee and give the same production. Replacing  a top 20 player at his position  isn't going to be easy.  I don’t understand how that is a controversial statement; I'm pretty sure Duke, Zac, and Joe would agree with me saying that as well. 

If we were to trade Tee we should get the best deal possible which would be a mid first too early 2nd + a late third to early 4th. Similar trades like AJ Brown & Stefon Diggs had! I want what's best for the team too and that's not getting screwed in a deal for Higgins!

FYI I have no problem with trading Tee or drafting a WR with out first RD pick!

RE: Callahan to Titans - Soonerpeace - 01-23-2024

(01-23-2024, 05:33 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Are you trading Tee cause hes not played like a 20mil a year WR

I’m tagging him.

(01-23-2024, 06:00 PM)BengalBob Wrote: The Bengals interviewed former Seahawks OL coach Andy Dickerson for their offensive coordinator job earlier today

Now sign Pitcher

Dickerson interview interesting. He’s an OL coach and run game OC at Seattle formerly.

RE: Callahan to Titans - jj22 - 01-23-2024

(01-23-2024, 07:04 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Dickerson interview interesting. He’s an OL coach and run game OC at Seattle formerly.

I agree this is interesting. Zac doesn't seem like the type to play the Rooney rule game without purpose (he could have just "interviewed" Walters).

(01-23-2024, 07:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: I agree this is interesting. Zac doesn't seem like the type to play the Rooney rule game without purpose (he could have just "interviewed" Walters).

And they coached together at LAR and you’re right

Bienemy is still out there, and it's been pretty quiet on any interest outside of a courtesy interview with Washington... He failed at calling plays, but KC seemed to miss something about him.

I know he may be a little edgy, but I'd argue the offense needs a little edge to them.

Any room for him to maybe be senior offensive assistant/quarterbacks. If he doesn't get a shot to call plays elsewhere.

I'm hearing a lot of non Bienemy names being thrown around for these OC positions. It's likely he won't get an OC job next season.

RE: Callahan to Titans - TheLeonardLeap - 01-23-2024

(01-23-2024, 06:00 PM)BengalBob Wrote: The Bengals interviewed former Seahawks OL coach Andy Dickerson for their offensive coordinator job earlier today

Now sign Pitcher

It's 2 candidates now (since 2021), so not yet unless Dickerson was our 2nd.

EDIT: My bad, that's for HCs. I guess it's still 1 for OCs/DCs/QB Coaches.

RE: Callahan to Titans - pally - 01-23-2024

(01-23-2024, 07:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: I agree this is interesting. Zac doesn't seem like the type to play the Rooney rule game without purpose (he could have just "interviewed" Walters).

The Rooney rule requires a a minority OUTSIDE interview so no they couldn't have just "interviewed" Walters.  Of course, it still doesn't mean, that Zac wouldn't have a position for Dickerson.  I can see them handing off the run game coordinator from Pollock to someone else

(01-23-2024, 07:55 PM)pally Wrote: The Rooney rule requires a a minority OUTSIDE interview so no they couldn't have just "interviewed" Walters.  Of course, it still doesn't mean, that Zac wouldn't have a position for Dickerson.  I can see them handing off the run game coordinator from Pollock to someone else

Would Pollack accept that… 

I don’t know much about the Seattle line but they were dominated in the 4th quarter against our Dline…

RE: Callahan to Titans - Nicomo Cosca - 01-23-2024

Well at least Cleveland is losing him.

RE: Callahan to Titans - TKUHL - 01-23-2024

(01-23-2024, 10:51 PM)jj22 Wrote:

Well Shit.

RE: Callahan to Titans - TKUHL - 01-23-2024

I was hoping we would have tried to get Brady as OC when we drafted Burrow. After watching the Bills last game, not so sure about it now.

RE: Callahan to Titans - Nicomo Cosca - 01-23-2024

It would be a really bad look for Cleveland to try and block Bill from working for his son in his 1st head coaching gig.

But then again they employ Deshaun Watson so I’m not sure they care.

RE: Callahan to Titans - TecmoBengals - 01-23-2024

I'm ready for Callahan news to end and the OC info to heat up. I expect it is Pitcher. I'm looking forward to comments he or Zac share with the media.

RE: Callahan to Titans - NATI BENGALS - 01-24-2024

Now sign Pitcher

And now I’m hoping we can land this guy. Don’t know jack about him. Other than the Seahawks made the playoffs, Geno Smith revitalized his career, and had a career year while playing behind a pair of rookie starting offensive tackles in 2022. That’s impressive.

RE: Callahan to Titans - Bengal Dude - 01-24-2024

(01-24-2024, 01:19 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: And now I’m hoping we can land this guy. Don’t know jack about him. Other than the Seahawks made the playoffs, Geno Smith revitalized his career, and had a career year while playing behind a pair of rookie starting offensive tackles in 2022. That’s impressive.

I think his interview was more for the Rooney rule than anything. Could also be more of a down the line signing if Pitcher gets a HC job next year and we have to fill the OC spot again.

RE: Callahan to Titans - Sled21 - 01-24-2024

I think the Bengals missing the playoffs by one game (9-8, which got the Bucs in) with Burrow playing the first five hobbled and Browning playing the last five or six, really sold Callahan.

RE: Callahan to Titans - Soonerpeace - 01-24-2024

(01-24-2024, 09:38 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I think the Bengals missing the playoffs by one game (9-8, which got the Bucs in) with Burrow playing the first five hobbled and Browning playing the last five or six, really sold Callahan.

Probably so. But all the candidates have great resumes and pedigree. The Titans wanted someone that would work well with developing Will Levis, work well with the GM, and the owner. He checked all their boxes and had to have had a vision and a plan in the interview. Back in Norman Zac’s high school friends say that’s how Zac got the Bengals job is his detailed plan and vision is what got him the job. Brian must have done the same at Tenn.