Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
OTAs - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: OTAs (/Thread-OTAs)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: OTAs - pally - 06-04-2024

Zac has told Joe to take a day off each week...this might be an ongoing thing all season

RE: OTAs - TecmoBengals - 06-04-2024

(06-03-2024, 05:54 PM)TCUBengal34 Wrote: A little late to the party here, but I've been watching Fig play (and practice) for the last 2 years. I've mentioned before that I'm a former TCU DB (long time time ago) and still have connections to the program. Fig is a good player and an even better human. He Walked into that 2022 team as a transfer with a new coaching staff and was the vocal leader of a defense that played in the national championship. If you recall, his opposite side CB in '22 was Tre' Tomlinson (Ladanian's nephew) who won the Thorpe award and was a 6th round pick by the rams last year. I watch a lot of DB film and Fig is a better player than Tre'. 

Last year was a down year for the program with some turmoil on that side of the ball but Fig showed up and played every single day. I think he's going to have some impact plays for the Bengals this year. So glad we drafted him.

I appreciate you sharing some insight. Let's hope he turns out to be a important player for the defense.

RE: OTAs - Wyche'sWarrior - 06-04-2024

(06-04-2024, 02:07 PM)pally Wrote: Zac has told Joe to take a day off each week...this might be an ongoing thing all season

....and I'd say it's smart to do so. 

RE: OTAs - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-04-2024

(06-04-2024, 01:48 PM)TCUBengal34 Wrote: Well I played in the mid/ late 00's so it was a little different then.

Yeah he was mocked as a top 50 player before the season. He's doesn't have elite measurables and I think only ran a 4.51 at the combine at 5'11", but he has high end instincts and is a very physical corner. Could be a really good slot corner for us over the next few years.

The Bengals have always been friendly to TCU players going back to Matt Schobel. Which speaking of, the Schobel clan (Matt, Aaron, and Bo who all 3 played in the NFL) have sons who are starting to play D1 ball.  

Different time alright.

Yeah, Fig isn't a freak athlete and that is why he fell most likely and that is fine. We needed an instinctive Corner. We have freak athletes
in CTB, DJ Turner and Daxton Hill. Forgot about Matt Schobel, that was a while back. Of course Dalton was another Horned Frog and we 
had an OL on the team that also played there, Newhouse I think...

(06-04-2024, 01:58 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: https://twitter.com/KelseyLConway/status/1798036439336456453

As I said.

People need to chill TF out.

Yes, Burrow should have a rest day once a week. Dude has been going all out from the vids and from what people have been saying.

He is ahead of where I thought he would be at this time.

RE: OTAs - TecmoBengals - 06-04-2024

(06-04-2024, 02:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: ....and I'd say it's smart to do so. 

Correct. We already know he'll experience success when on the field. I see no issue at all letting the star QB have an off day from time to time.

RE: OTAs - bfine32 - 06-04-2024

(06-04-2024, 02:07 PM)pally Wrote: Zac has told Joe to take a day off each week...this might be an ongoing thing all season

Let's just hope he doesn't pick Sundays

RE: OTAs - rfaulk34 - 06-04-2024

(06-04-2024, 01:55 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: It'll be nothing, FFS you people are depressive.

But Truck...HIS HAND FELL ALL THE WAY OFF!!!11!!!!1!11!1

RE: OTAs - SunsetBengal - 06-04-2024

(06-04-2024, 01:55 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: It'll be nothing, FFS you people are depressive.

Lots of 'ledge jumpers' around here.

RE: OTAs - bfine32 - 06-04-2024

IRT JB missing time.

It's not like folks don't have a history leading them to think the worst.

Glad it's nothing, but let's be real.

RE: OTAs - Sled21 - 06-04-2024

FFS Zac probably wants to give Browning a day with some of the starters. Drama drama drama....

RE: OTAs - TCUBengal34 - 06-04-2024

(06-04-2024, 02:17 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I appreciate you sharing some insight. Let's hope he turns out to be a important player for the defense.

No problem. I'm a wanna be college defensive backs coach masquerading as a small business owner in Texas. So I know jussttt enough to get in trouble.

I pray that once my son is old enough he is attracted to football and the defensive side of the ball. His mom was an AA Soccer player at a B12 school so I'm hoping he got her genes. lol.

RE: OTAs - tms - 06-04-2024

At first I thought this was common sense, obviously he needs days off, etc. But the more I hear the beat guys talk about it and Zac deny deny deny, the more worried I get that there might be something there. Zac's got a little snake oil to him and would they really be pressing him this much if it were just common sense? Maybe they would, I dunno. Fear mongering's a thing these days. Getting clicks in the first week of June can't be easy. Just saying...

Long story short: I can't wait for the season. The pbp of this injury will become unbearable lol

RE: OTAs - sandwedge - 06-05-2024

(06-04-2024, 11:27 PM)tms Wrote: At first I thought this was common sense, obviously he needs days off, etc. But the more I hear the beat guys talk about it and Zac deny deny deny, the more worried I get that there might be something there. Zac's got a little snake oil to him and would they really be pressing him this much if it were just common sense? Maybe they would, I dunno. Fear mongering's a thing these days. Getting clicks in the first week of June can't be easy. Just saying...

Long story short: I can't wait for the season. The pbp of this injury will become unbearable lol

I'm pretty sure it's alot of nothing about nothing.

RE: OTAs - Nicomo Cosca - 06-05-2024

Burrow said he needs to do a better job at listening to his body. That’s all it is. No need to push it too much in June.

RE: OTAs - tms - 06-05-2024

(06-05-2024, 01:20 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I'm pretty sure it's alot of nothing about nothing.

Yeah you're probably right. It's so easy to get carried away when there's no other news. 

RE: OTAs - Synric - 06-05-2024

(06-03-2024, 05:54 PM)TCUBengal34 Wrote: A little late to the party here, but I've been watching Fig play (and practice) for the last 2 years. I've mentioned before that I'm a former TCU DB (long time time ago) and still have connections to the program. Fig is a good player and an even better human. He Walked into that 2022 team as a transfer with a new coaching staff and was the vocal leader of a defense that played in the national championship. If you recall, his opposite side CB in '22 was Tre' Tomlinson (Ladanian's nephew) who won the Thorpe award and was a 6th round pick by the rams last year. I watch a lot of DB film and Fig is a better player than Tre'. 

Last year was a down year for the program with some turmoil on that side of the ball but Fig showed up and played every single day. I think he's going to have some impact plays for the Bengals this year. So glad we drafted him.

Yea but changing up Defensive Coordinators can do that in year one. Andy Avalos came from Boise State to replace Gillespie right? 

RE: OTAs - jj22 - 06-05-2024

RE: OTAs - Nicomo Cosca - 06-06-2024

It will almost assuredly fall on deaf ears, but he’s 100% right.

RE: OTAs - NATI BENGALS - 06-06-2024

(06-06-2024, 12:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
It will almost assuredly fall on deaf ears, but he’s 100% right.

Having keenly observed (beer (whiskey) goggles) Burrow's play the last four years (balls out 110%). It's obvious doing a little to help protect him from himself might be a good idea.

But having said that.

(06-05-2024, 11:56 PM)jj22 Wrote:

OMG!! WTF?

RE: OTAs - Wyche'sWarrior - 06-06-2024

(06-05-2024, 01:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burrow said he needs to do a better job at listening to his body. That’s all it is. No need to push it too much in June.

Zac even said he's having to protect Joe from Joe. Isn't that what he got roasted for NOT doing last year?