Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
OTAs
No Tee as expected and no Ja'Marr either. More work for the youngsters

Also no Sheldon Rankins or Trent Brown. I would like to see free agents be here. Brown was here a couple of weeks ago so he may be just delayed. We'll see what happens as the day goes by

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2024, 12:40 PM)pally Wrote: No Tee as expected and no Ja'Marr either.  More work for the youngsters

Also no Sheldon Rankins or Trent Brown.  I would like to see free agents be here.  Brown was here a couple of weeks ago so he may be just delayed.  We'll see what  happens as the day goes by

I'd like to see everyone under contract here. 

Who better to be in Mims' ear than T-Brown? Who better to be in Burton's ear than Chase? Same w/ Rankins and our rookie IDL. 

I get they are optional but you're not hurting anyone but your teammates. 

What does someone like Chase think the ownership is thinking? "Uh oh, Chase is missing voluntaries, we better give him a huge contract"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2024, 12:40 PM)pally Wrote: No Tee as expected and no Ja'Marr either.  More work for the youngsters

Also no Sheldon Rankins or Trent Brown.  I would like to see free agents be here.  Brown was here a couple of weeks ago so he may be just delayed.  We'll see what  happens as the day goes by

Agree they should be there they are being paid well
Reply/Quote
I'm disappointed an overrated and overpaid Rankins isn't and hasn't been around....

Also disappointed in Chase. One of the keys to success the last couple years has been full participation in the offseason program. Chase knows this (if the FA's don't). So changing the winning formula up now is questionable.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I see a world where Mims is the starting RT week 1.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2024, 01:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What does someone like Chase think the ownership is thinking? "Uh oh, Chase is missing voluntaries, we better give him a huge contract"

I don't think Ja'Marr not being there has anything to do with his contract situation. He's been adamant that he'll wait for Jefferson to get done first.

I doubt any serious talks even start until some point after Jefferson's deal...and who knows when that will eventually get done.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2024, 02:19 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I don't think Ja'Marr not being there has anything to do with his contract situation. He's been adamant that he'll wait for Jefferson to get done first.

Well I know he was in town during the last voluntaries; unsure what else it could be if not a "contract stance". 

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2024, 02:18 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I see a world where Mims is the starting RT week 1.

In that world, TBrown would have to be injured in preseason. Brown is an established NFL commodity. Mims has measurable and potential but even if he comes out in preseason and blows everyone off the LoS, you go with the established vet to start. If Brown gets injured or simply falls off a cliff, i can see Mims getting in early but not other than that. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2024, 02:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well I know he was in town during the last voluntaries; unsure what else it could be if not a "contract stance". 

If he's waiting on Jefferson as he's said...not sure what the 'stance' would be? 
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2024, 02:35 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: If he's waiting on Jefferson as he's said...not sure what the 'stance' would be? 

So he's sitting out because of someone else's contract? 

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2024, 02:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So he's sitting out because of someone else's contract? 

Why do you assume he's 'sitting out' at all?

I think some fans and media are reading way too much into him not being at the voluntary portion of OTAs. 
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2024, 02:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Why do you assume he's 'sitting out' at all? I think some fans and media are reading way too much into him not being at the voluntary portion of OTAs. 

Because he's not there?

Reply/Quote
I'm sure they all were already cleared by the coaches not to be there so far. It also provides more work for the rookies and other youngsters. I don't mind seeing Burton, Yoshi, Jenkins and Jackson along with Mims getting more work.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2024, 02:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Why do you assume he's 'sitting out' at all?

I think some fans and media are reading way too much into him not being at the voluntary portion of OTAs. 

It could even be by design, so that the younger receivers get more reps working with Joe Burrow. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Why is Rankins not there?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2024, 02:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It could even be by design, so that the younger receivers get more reps working with Joe Burrow. 

Yeah, that's probably it. 

Reply/Quote
Chase has never missed so you can only think it is meaningful.

Trent Brown they have mentioned being excused for personal reasons repeatedly for the last couple weeks. They've been quiet about Rankins, and we knew Tee wasn't attending.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote