Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
OTAs
Off season ativities have concluded for the year. Now the quietest 6 weeks of the year are ahead...no football, no football news, etc.
Next stop Training Camp July 26

To do list
-sign Mims
-sign Tee Higgins
-open negotiations with Chase
-extend Trey

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 11:46 AM)BengalBob Wrote: Charlie Goldsmith Reporting via X

Some winners from the Bengals’ offseason program

-Andrei Iosivas looked like the best receiver on the field this summer, with Chase and Higgins not participating. He’s combining his athleticism with much improved routes.
-Chase Brown’s ability to make plays as a pass catcher had taken a step. He’s also a lot stronger than he was last year. He’s a big piece of the RB room.
-Mike Gesicki is a big piece of the “eye candy” and versatility of the offense.
-Charlie Jones is moving around more instead of focusing on just the slot
-Amarius Mims said he has recognized the trust in him from the coaching staff as he earned first team reps. They’ve given him a lot of chances to get on the field, including a 6 OL set.
-Devin Cochran, out last year with an injury, has an interesting skill set at tackle. He’ll be a guy to watch in camp.

I know many have fallen in love with Burton, but I'm pulling for these kids. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 05:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I know many have fallen in love with Burton, but I'm pulling for these kids. 

Ah BengalBob put this in OTA's as well about Iosivas and the others. Great stuff.

Yeah, I just want the best players to play regardless of if I love the Jermaine Burton pick. Hey Yoshi and Chuck can be explosive too.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 08:48 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Chase has been going through extensive training in Florida and Texas. He doesn't really need a ton of reps with Burrow. Let him rest when he wants to and give the new guys the reps that need the reps. He said he's going to listen to his body and told Burrow to do the same. It's a big nothing burger.

I'm just glad not everybody "listens to their body" and actually participates. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 03:51 PM)pally Wrote: Off season ativities have concluded for the year.  Now the quietest 6 weeks of the year are ahead...no football, no football news, etc.

To do list
-sign Mims
-sign Tee Higgins
-extend Trey

Extend Money Mac.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 03:51 PM)pally Wrote: Off season ativities have concluded for the year.  Now the quietest 6 weeks of the year are ahead...no football, no football news, etc.

To do list
-sign Mims
-sign Tee Higgins
-extend Trey

Haven't they already signed Mims?
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 09:34 PM)Synric Wrote: Extend Money Mac.

That will almost certainly happen, I have no doubt.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Tanner Hudson as the backup to Drew Sample is not something I want to see lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 09:34 PM)Synric Wrote: Extend Money Mac.

I was thinking we did that last year...
Reply/Quote