Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
OTAs
(05-31-2024, 01:05 PM)J24 Wrote: Both are rehabbing last time I heard anything about them!

Why is McLauchlin rehabbing?
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2024, 11:25 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Why is McLauchlin rehabbing?

I think it's his oblique but not 100% on that!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2024, 11:25 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Why is McLauchlin rehabbing?

He's hurt
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He likes habbing so he decided to do it again?
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2024, 09:44 PM)wanga Wrote: He likes habbing so he decided to do it again?

He didn't listen to Amy Winehouse. 

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2024, 03:28 PM)jason Wrote: We're not good enough to be cutting Trent Brown regardless of how Mims or anyone else looks. I'm good on ever seeing Cody Ford on the field.

Agree, made no sense.

(06-01-2024, 03:28 PM)Whatever Wrote: He won't be cut, although folks also have to keep in mind that Brown's motivation also comes and goes.  He's definitely possible trade bait, especially if Mims wins the starting job.

I could see that maybe, cutting Trent Brown doesn't help our team. He is as good as anyone for the amount we are paying him.

(06-01-2024, 09:58 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Dave Lapham or David Latham? 

Latham's story quoted some obscure Bleacher Report writer.  I haven't seen Lap make this suggestion? 

Maybe it was Latham, that would make more sense. I might of seen the name and assumed it was Lap.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2024, 01:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good stuff with Chad and Fig Newton.  Smirk

A little late to the party here, but I've been watching Fig play (and practice) for the last 2 years. I've mentioned before that I'm a former TCU DB (long time time ago) and still have connections to the program. Fig is a good player and an even better human. He Walked into that 2022 team as a transfer with a new coaching staff and was the vocal leader of a defense that played in the national championship. If you recall, his opposite side CB in '22 was Tre' Tomlinson (Ladanian's nephew) who won the Thorpe award and was a 6th round pick by the rams last year. I watch a lot of DB film and Fig is a better player than Tre'. 

Last year was a down year for the program with some turmoil on that side of the ball but Fig showed up and played every single day. I think he's going to have some impact plays for the Bengals this year. So glad we drafted him.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 05:54 PM)TCUBengal34 Wrote: A little late to the party here, but I've been watching Fig play (and practice) for the last 2 years. I've mentioned before that I'm a former TCU DB (long time time ago) and still have connections to the program. Fig is a good player and an even better human. He Walked into that 2022 team as a transfer with a new coaching staff and was the vocal leader of a defense that played in the national championship. If you recall, his opposite side CB in '22 was Tre' Tomlinson (Ladanian's nephew) who won the Thorpe award and was a 6th round pick by the rams last year. I watch a lot of DB film and Fig is a better player than Tre'. 

Last year was a down year for the program with some turmoil on that side of the ball but Fig showed up and played every single day. I think he's going to have some impact plays for the Bengals this year. So glad we drafted him.

I've heard it said about him (I cannot find anything to substantiate) that when he was at Louisiana-Monroe. He would go "looking" for food at restaurants to supplement his meal plan to get all he needed.  

Also. he was recently on a X-post w/ Chad and said he had to watch mis mouth because his coach was near. 

I'm definitely pulling for the kid and if he don't make it; I doubt it will be because of work ethic or character. 

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2024, 09:58 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Dave Lapham or David Latham? 

Latham's story quoted some obscure Bleacher Report writer.  I haven't seen Lap make this suggestion? 

Lapham would never say that.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2024, 06:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

The three I’m most interested in are Dax at CB, Andre at WR, and D J at CB. Those guys if they can factor represent huge athleticism. Of course speed or athleticism doesn’t guarantee squat. Making plays and not busting on plays important too
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2024, 06:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Nice to see Turner getting noticed for a positive effort. Hopefully he can keep that energy and momentum going.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2024, 04:28 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: what video?

I saw a video of Chase working out with some private coach (I can't remember his name) and his feet looked damn near as quick as Chad back in the day. I'll try to find it, but I'm not even sure what website I saw it on now.  

Found it....

Watch: Bengals Star Wide Receiver Ja'Marr Chase is Putting in Work This Offseason (si.com)
Reply/Quote
no Joe at practice today...no word as to why but probably a rest day

Sheldon Rankins makes his first appearance

Still no Tee (as expected), Chase (but committed to be here for mandatory practice), and trent Brown

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(06-04-2024, 12:47 PM)KillerGoose Wrote:  

Ffs this is probably not good.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 05:54 PM)TCUBengal34 Wrote: A little late to the party here, but I've been watching Fig play (and practice) for the last 2 years. I've mentioned before that I'm a former TCU DB (long time time ago) and still have connections to the program. Fig is a good player and an even better human. He Walked into that 2022 team as a transfer with a new coaching staff and was the vocal leader of a defense that played in the national championship. If you recall, his opposite side CB in '22 was Tre' Tomlinson (Ladanian's nephew) who won the Thorpe award and was a 6th round pick by the rams last year. I watch a lot of DB film and Fig is a better player than Tre'. 

Awesome post TCUBengal. Love the insight from a former player on that team, you know your stuff. I watched a lot of TCU games with Fig 
and Tre and those were some very good Corners and I also thought of the 2 that Fig was better. Was just a down year as you say after having
the Championship season the year before. A lot of people had Fig Newton as a 3rd rounder and we got him much later than that.

Could be a major steal where we grabbed him. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2024, 01:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Awesome post TCUBengal. Love the insight from a former player on that team, you know your stuff. I watched a lot of TCU games with Fig 
and Tre and those were some very good Corners and I also thought of the 2 that Fig was better. Was just a down year as you say after having
the Championship season the year before. A lot of people had Fig Newton as a 3rd rounder and we got him much later than that.

Could be a major steal where we grabbed him. Rock On

Well I played in the mid/ late 00's so it was a little different then.

Yeah he was mocked as a top 50 player before the season. He's doesn't have elite measurables and I think only ran a 4.51 at the combine at 5'11", but he has high end instincts and is a very physical corner. Could be a really good slot corner for us over the next few years.

The Bengals have always been friendly to TCU players going back to Matt Schobel. Which speaking of, the Schobel clan (Matt, Aaron, and Bo who all 3 played in the NFL) have sons who are starting to play D1 ball.  
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2024, 01:02 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Ffs this is probably not good.

It'll be nothing, FFS you people are depressive.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2024, 12:47 PM)KillerGoose Wrote:  

Now the Bengals' offseason has officially started, can't go through OTAs without some drama. Hoping it's just a rest day.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2024, 01:55 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: It'll be nothing, FFS you people are depressive.

(06-04-2024, 01:56 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Now the Bengals' offseason has officially started, can't go through OTAs without some drama. Hoping it's just a rest day.

https://twitter.com/KelseyLConway/status/1798036439336456453

As I said.

People need to chill TF out.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote