Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
OTAs
(06-11-2024, 03:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's likely just seeing who can play inside should one of the Guards get dinged up. On another note, I could realistically see some unbalanced line plays this year with all three of our gargantuan Tackles on the field.

Mims lining up as the FB for a play should scare a few linebackers
Reply/Quote
Trent Brown said that some family issues kept him from voluntary OTAs

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/trent-brown-absence-bengals-ota-practices/

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-11-2024, 04:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Mims lining up as the FB for a play should scare a few linebackers

That's an awesome thought, but I highly doubt that he's got that same kinda off the line burst, like Domata Peko did.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2024, 04:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Mims lining up as the FB for a play should scare a few linebackers

Our "brotherly love" play would be unstoppable, especially if Mims lines up right behind the RG
Reply/Quote
So is this a “hold in” by Chase?

That’s become somewhat of the norm now. I think I read the CBA prevents the fines for missing mandatory stuff from being waived anymore. So now guys show up but don’t practice. From what I saw Chase wasn’t a full participant. Wonder if this was them assessing where he is physically? Or his push for Justin Jefferson money?
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2024, 02:54 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: So is this a “hold in” by Chase?

That’s become somewhat of the norm now. I think I read the CBA prevents the fines for missing mandatory stuff from being waived anymore. So now guys show up but don’t practice. From what I saw Chase wasn’t a full participant. Wonder if this was them assessing where he is physically? Or his push for Justin Jefferson money?

Where are you seeing that Chase wasn't a full participant?  Also, there have not been any reports that he missed OTA's due to contract reasons.

Reply/Quote
(06-11-2024, 07:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's an awesome thought, but I highly doubt that he's got that same kinda off the line burst, like Domata Peko did.

Kris jenkins then?
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2024, 03:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's likely just seeing who can play inside should one of the Guards get dinged up. On another note, I could realistically see some unbalanced line plays this year with all three of our gargantuan Tackles on the field.

They were lining up in jumbo yesterday.

Reply/Quote
(06-12-2024, 08:26 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Where are you seeing that Chase wasn't a full participant?  Also, there have not been any reports that he missed OTA's due to contract reasons.

https://www.bengals.com/news/joe-burrow-varied-offense-ja-marr-sighting-dax-hill-stepping-in

"Chase showed up for the first time this spring. He didn't participate in practice and declined to speak to the assembled press."
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2024, 08:59 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/news/joe-burrow-varied-offense-ja-marr-sighting-dax-hill-stepping-in

"Chase showed up for the first time this spring. He didn't participate in practice and declined to speak to the assembled press."

I just saw Ben Baby say he did not participate in the second half of practice, but did do the first part of walk throughs.  Who knows why.... could be something or not I guess.

Reply/Quote
(06-12-2024, 09:05 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I just saw Ben Baby say he did not participate in the second half of practice, but did do the first part of walk throughs.  Who knows why.... could be something or not I guess.

Yep looks like he was apart of the installs but didn't go full speed. Which is fine.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-12-2024, 08:31 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Kris jenkins then?

Now that is a much more realistic possibility. 4th and 1, and you don't want Joey B running the sneak? No problem, send in Jenkins to lead for Moss.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Ja'Marr not doing drills again but participated in the walk thru...

Chase Brown not participatiing

It is early days and they arent going to risk anything if a player is feeling off for any reason

Drew Sample is not at camp. He has been excused by the team

Trent Brown...special teams?

Reply/Quote
(06-12-2024, 08:59 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/news/joe-burrow-varied-offense-ja-marr-sighting-dax-hill-stepping-in

One's thoughts on this are going to vary based on how much of a Chase fan you are. 

Personally, I'd like to see him participate in full both at the mandatories and the voluntaries, but I get the "business" side of it. 

I personally don't care if he runs one route all Preseason, but I do hope he's there in the young kid's ears. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-12-2024, 03:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: One's thoughts on this are going to vary based on how much of a Chase fan you are. 

Personally, I'd like to see him participate in full both at the mandatories and the voluntaries, but I get the "business" side of it. 

I personally don't care if he runs one route all Preseason, but I do hope he's there in the young kid's ears. 

From the same article...

"You definitely feel his presence. It was nice having him back out there," Burrow said. "He's a guy that always brings energy, always is talking to guys, whether it's about executing the play that's being run or whether it's just providing some fun and some energy. He's a happy-go-lucky kind of guy that you love being around."
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2024, 03:50 PM)Whatever Wrote: From the same article...

"You definitely feel his presence. It was nice having him back out there," Burrow said. "He's a guy that always brings energy, always is talking to guys, whether it's about executing the play that's being run or whether it's just providing some fun and some energy. He's a happy-go-lucky kind of guy that you love being around."

And to me: That's most important.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Chase has been going through extensive training in Florida and Texas. He doesn't really need a ton of reps with Burrow. Let him rest when he wants to and give the new guys the reps that need the reps. He said he's going to listen to his body and told Burrow to do the same. It's a big nothing burger.
Reply/Quote
Joe is not throwing today actually he isn't even practicng

Reply/Quote
Charlie Goldsmith Reporting via X

Some winners from the Bengals’ offseason program

-Andrei Iosivas looked like the best receiver on the field this summer, with Chase and Higgins not participating. He’s combining his athleticism with much improved routes.
-Chase Brown’s ability to make plays as a pass catcher had taken a step. He’s also a lot stronger than he was last year. He’s a big piece of the RB room.
-Mike Gesicki is a big piece of the “eye candy” and versatility of the offense.
-Charlie Jones is moving around more instead of focusing on just the slot
-Amarius Mims said he has recognized the trust in him from the coaching staff as he earned first team reps. They’ve given him a lot of chances to get on the field, including a 6 OL set.
-Devin Cochran, out last year with an injury, has an interesting skill set at tackle. He’ll be a guy to watch in camp.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 10:33 AM)pally Wrote: Joe is not throwing today  actually he isn't even practicng

He said Tuesday he has figured out he does not need to be ready in June, he needs to be ready in September, and will take time off accordingly. Talked about feeling tightness in his calf one day, then straining it because he went back out there the next day. I suspect we will not see Joe and Jamarr like we have in the past. They're learning 
Reply/Quote