Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Adam Jones Arrested. - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Adam Jones Arrested. (/Thread-Adam-Jones-Arrested)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Adam Jones Arrested. - BengalChris - 01-04-2017

(01-04-2017, 09:01 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I guess you don't mind getting spit on in this day and age of hepatitis, HIV, antibiotic resistant TB, etc..... (and yes, I realize HIV is not carried in saliva, unless there is blood in it, which in the case of someone resisting arrest is often the case.)

It's still the funniest thing. Harassment? Assault?

And refusing to get in a police car is called resisting and obstructing.  Let's just call spit a deadly weapon why don't we.

Not justifying anything Jones did, and I'm sure he brought this on himself.

RE: Adam Jones Arrested. - BigPapaKain - 01-04-2017

(01-04-2017, 08:40 AM)Jpoore Wrote: According to attorney he vehemently Denies accusation 

You know who else vehemently denies accusations?

Every criminal ever.

RE: Adam Jones Arrested. - grampahol - 01-04-2017

(01-04-2017, 11:33 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: You know who else vehemently denies accusations?

Every criminal ever.

Actually uquite a few plead guilty right off the block. ...right after pleading not guilty then get offered a plea bargain to avoid a long time in the slammer.
Unfortunately for Jones alcohol consumption is still quite legal in all 50  states and I'm not sure if it would help him a hell of a lot if it were illegal in all 50 states. I didn't stop getting into legal jams till I quit drinking myself so I'm not about to pass judgment on anyone who gets out of control drinking. If I had one super power it would be to make it so nobody would actually get drunk on alcohol..I can't think of anything that ruins more promising lives than alcohol. 

RE: Adam Jones Arrested. - Sled21 - 01-04-2017

(01-04-2017, 11:22 AM)BengalChris Wrote: It's still the funniest thing. Harassment? Assault?

And refusing to get in a police car is called resisting and obstructing.  Let's just call spit a deadly weapon why don't we.

I don't get why you think it is the funniest thing. Someone gets body fluid exposure, and they have to be tested to see if they've picked up TB or hepatitis, or even HIV. And then they have to go home wondering if they are going to transfer it to their family until they get the results. If you read the legal definitions of harassment and assault it fits exactly. And refusing to get in a police car used to result in a cracked head, but they can't do that anymore so they charge resisting or obstructing....again, which fit the description perfectly. Play stupid games, win stupid charges...

RE: Adam Jones Arrested. - Pat5775 - 01-04-2017

(01-04-2017, 11:51 AM)grampahol Wrote: Actually uquite a few plead guilty right off the block. ...right after pleading not guilty then get offered a plea bargain to avoid a long time in the slammer.
Unfortunately for Jones alcohol consumption is still quite legal in all 50  states and I'm not sure if it would help him a hell of a lot if it were illegal in all 50 states. I didn't stop getting into legal jams till I quit drinking myself so I'm not about to pass judgment on anyone who gets out of control drinking. If I had one super power it would be to make it so nobody would actually get drunk on alcohol..I can't think of anything that ruins more promising lives than alcohol. 

Based on his history, I doubt pacman would get much of a plea bargain. He probably thinks he's better off pleading not guilty and finding a damn good attorney to get him off Scot-free. 

RE: Adam Jones Arrested. - Gohards - 01-04-2017

(01-04-2017, 11:33 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: You know who else vehemently denies accusations?

Every criminal ever.

100% false. When i was younger i got in a lot of trouble. Went to juvenile for 6 days first time, then 31 days then 55 days. Only 1 guy in there i met, claimed he was innocent. And that was because it had to do with some sick sexual stuff.

Everyone in there will tell you what they did with a smile on their face.

Thats one of the biggest misconceptions in crime. Hardly any will claim that they are actually innocent.

Not sticking up for pacman, but i am sure that the police or whoever, exaggerated a little bit. Once you are in the system, it is close to impossible to get yourself out.

Let me also tell you something - my first time getting arrested, was NOTHING like my last. After being a repeat offender, the cops knew me. They didnt mind flinging me around while i was cuffed, or literally throwing me into the back of the cop car. I hit my head on the pillar and had a knot on my head and you know what they said when i said something about hitting my head? They told me to shut the **** up and slammed the door. I never believe resisting arrest when i see it. That is what we called a "add-on" charge. Thats something that the police slap on you, knowing it will get dropped, but it will make you look worse to the judge.

RE: Adam Jones Arrested. - CanadianBengal - 01-04-2017

(01-03-2017, 09:30 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I'm sorry, but you don't head butt a police officer.  You don't spit on a jail worker.  Especially if you know how the system works, and especially if you are innocent of the original charges.  You obey the commands of the police officer, you bail yourself out, and you let your attorney figure it out later.

The reason I wanted Jones cut before this is his lack of discipline and self control. He can't control his anger and this leads to bigger issues. The act is tiring. Was bad enough on the field but now drawing the whole team into negative spotlight again. 

Players on this team need to see someone be held accountable. No one loses their job or playing time no matter what. Until Marvin starts addtessing this crap this team will struggle. 

RE: Adam Jones Arrested. - BigPapaKain - 01-04-2017

It seems my 'every criminal ever' comment got some attention. Allow me to elaborate; good criminals deny charges in court. Most of them will admit to it after the fact to cell mates, or course.

But there's a reason mafiosos get off all the time and rapists and murderers walk. Deny, deny, deny. They're criminals - you think being honest is high on their list of priorities?

But I'm getting off track. A guy with a rap sheet as long as Jones doesn't get the benefit of the doubt anymore.

RE: Adam Jones Arrested. - Hoofhearted - 01-04-2017

Pacman says "this doesn't make sense".

So looks like he's using the Johnny Cochran defense, so this will most likely be dropped.

RE: Adam Jones Arrested. - McC - 01-04-2017

A very simple thing that he can't seem to comprehend--nothing good happens after midnight. This guy is just too stupid to stay home.

RE: Adam Jones Arrested. - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-04-2017

(01-04-2017, 08:59 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Complete HS. Jackson coming off of a training camp injury with a torn pec is not going to perform anywhere near well enough for us "to see what we have in him", regardless of Jones' situation....

They didn't mind going that route at RT.... Ninja

In all seriousness, it wouldn't have hurt the young man's development a bit letting him finish up the season participating in practice and getting some mop up duty time to gain a little in game experience.  Carson was on the PS for a backup RB.

(01-04-2017, 01:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: They didn't mind going that route at RT.... Ninja

In all seriousness, it wouldn't have hurt the young man's development a bit letting him finish up the season participating in practice and getting some mop up duty time to gain a little in game experience.  Carson was on the PS for a backup RB.

I don't disagree with that, I just don't think we would still have anymore idea of how well he will turn out with that little practice time...

RE: Adam Jones Arrested. - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-04-2017

(01-04-2017, 02:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't disagree with that, I just don't think we would still have anymore idea of how well he will turn out with that little practice time...

I agree 100% with that, I just liked the idea of getting him some reps in preparation for next season.  Ah well, water under the bridge...

RE: Adam Jones Arrested. - Older Than You - 01-04-2017

(01-04-2017, 11:22 AM)BengalChris Wrote: It's still the funniest thing. Harassment? Assault?

Why is it funny? People act like this is some millennial law or something. Spitting has been either an assault or battery charge for decades.

RE: Adam Jones Arrested. - Storer50 - 01-04-2017

(01-04-2017, 07:45 AM)Jpoore Wrote: source? 
Common sense

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

RE: Adam Jones Arrested. - bfine32 - 01-04-2017

(01-04-2017, 08:40 AM)Jpoore Wrote: According to attorney he vehemently Denies accusation 

Now I would have my doubts about pacman's innocence if he just denied the accusation; however' given the fact that he has vehemently denied them, we can all reassured.

RE: Adam Jones Arrested. - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-04-2017

(01-03-2017, 09:42 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Innocent till proven guilty but he needs to be shown the door either way. How many times do you put yourself in that situation?

Just heard about this but i have to agree with this. Plus he fell off last year so no big deal. Time to move on.

I don't always click on the links in case there is some viruses or it shuts down my computer for a second.

Sounds pretty bad from what everyone is saying.

Like you said, it is him putting himself in these situations that is a problem even if he is innocent.

Which i doubt, he is still a hot head at times. He cannot help it.

I liked Adam while he was here and he played with fire but i think it is time to let the young guys take over.

Re-sign Kirkpatrick and let Dennard, Shaw, WJ3 fight it out with another pick.

RE: Adam Jones Arrested. - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-04-2017

(01-04-2017, 12:08 PM)Gohards Wrote: 100% false. When i was younger i got in a lot of trouble. Went to juvenile for 6 days first time, then 31 days then 55 days. Only 1 guy in there i met, claimed he was innocent. And that was because it had to do with some sick sexual stuff.

Everyone in there will tell you what they did with a smile on their face.

Thats one of the biggest misconceptions in crime. Hardly any will claim that they are actually innocent.

Not sticking up for pacman, but i am sure that the police or whoever,  exaggerated a little bit. Once you are in the system, it is close to impossible to get yourself out.

Let me also tell you something - my first time getting arrested, was NOTHING like my last. After being a repeat offender, the cops knew me. They didnt mind flinging me around while i was cuffed, or literally throwing me into the back of the cop car. I hit my head on the pillar and had a knot on my head and you know what they said when i said something about hitting my head? They told me to shut the **** up and slammed the door. I never believe resisting arrest when i see it. That is what we called a "add-on" charge. Thats something that the police slap on you, knowing it will get dropped, but it will make you look worse to the judge.

Have to believe you. Cause it is very true that once you are in the system they try to keep you there.

Just have to do your best to stay out. Adam has put himself in these situations time after time and he has
had a target on his back the entire time. When cops know you are an NFL player that has had problems in
the past they seem to go after you even more.

I am not defending Adam cause he put himself in this situation innocent or not.

But it is also BS that some people automatically think you are guilty before you can prove your innocence.

Lots of people are this way, it just comes natural to lots of people. With Adam, it is even easier.

(01-04-2017, 08:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Have to believe you. Cause it is very true that once you are in the system they try to keep you there.

Who is they???? Could it be that if you do dumbs things to get into the system, ala Adam Jones, then maybe, just maybe, you continue to do dumb things and keep yourself in the system? It's called personal responsibility and consequences for actions. There is no "they" about it....

RE: Adam Jones Arrested. - Weazzel80 - 01-04-2017

I don't know what happened but Adam Jones is a good Corner and one of the leaders of this football team. It sucks that so many of you don't support our players and want an immediate release.