Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? (/Thread-Coronavirus-Information-who-do-you-trust)

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - BigPapaKain - 09-14-2021

(09-14-2021, 09:03 PM)GMDino Wrote:  

An entire network built on 'do as I say, not as I do', and people lap that shit up.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Nately120 - 09-14-2021

(09-14-2021, 10:38 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: An entire network built on 'do as I say, not as I do', and people lap that shit up.

I figured the most strident covid deniers moved over to Newsmaxx and OAN etc and left Fox News behind after they called AZ for Biden and/or Mike Lindell and Trump turned on them.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Millhouse - 09-15-2021

Now roughly 1 - 500 Americans have died from Covid since it began early last year, 660,380 as of couple days ago. https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#trends_totaldeaths

Over in the EU/EEA, there have been 757,489 deaths total as of last week. That's not including the UK, as they have around 134,000 deaths. https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/cases-2019-ncov-eueea

India and Brazil aren't too far behind the US themselves.

Japan on the other hand with a population near 126 million, just over 1/3 of the U.S. population, are only at 16,919 deaths. They're doing something right over there compared to rest of us over here and across the pond.

So who do I trust? I trust the smart medical professionals out there that get overshadowed and spoken over by corporations, social media witchdoctors, & politicians. Which is why I wear nothing but N95 masks until I am medically cleared to get the vaccine, while drastically limiting shopping inside and not going out to eat any more.

On a side note, if mathematical models of how fast the Delta variant is spreading according to some really smart people is correct, by this point next year roughly 95-99% of the population will have been exposed to Covid. And yet everything is wide open right now as if Covid doesnt exist. Unless you go into a hospital, then it's complete opposite of how everything else is.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Belsnickel - 09-15-2021

(09-15-2021, 10:52 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Now roughly 1 - 500 Americans have died from Covid since it began early last year, 660,380 as of couple days ago. https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#trends_totaldeaths

Over in the EU/EEA, there have been 757,489 deaths total as of last week. That's not including the UK, as they have around 134,000 deaths. https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/cases-2019-ncov-eueea

India and Brazil aren't too far behind the US themselves.

Japan on the other hand with a population near 126 million, just over 1/3 of the U.S. population, are only at 16,919 deaths. They're doing something right over there compared to rest of us over here and across the pond.

So who do I trust? I trust the smart medical professionals out there that get overshadowed and spoken over by corporations, social media witchdoctors, & politicians. Which is why I wear nothing but N95 masks until I am medically cleared to get the vaccine, while drastically limiting shopping inside and not going out to eat any more.

For example, if mathematical models of how fast the Delta variant is spreading according to some really smart people is correct, by this point next year roughly 95-99% of the population will have been exposed to Covid. And yet everything is wide open right now as if Covid doesnt exist. Unless you go into a hospital, then it's complete opposite of how everything else is.

Japan has been good at behaving themselves. However, the government hasn't done great at vaccine distribution and other things. As one Japanese friend of mine put it, Japan is good at following rules and procedures. But when there is a wrench thrown into their system, it really screws things up.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Millhouse - 09-15-2021

(09-15-2021, 10:57 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Japan has been good at behaving themselves. However, the government hasn't done great at vaccine distribution and other things. As one Japanese friend of mine put it, Japan is good at following rules and procedures. But when there is a wrench thrown into their system, it really screws things up.

Yeah true,  they have just an entirely different (far superior) mindset when it comes to dealing with this pandemic. In particular wearing masks, sanitization, contact tracing, etc. I suspect being in that part of the world where they are closer to where Sars viruses originate it seems, they are also more vigilant overall.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Belsnickel - 09-15-2021

(09-15-2021, 11:06 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Yeah true,  they have just an entirely different (far superior) mindset when it comes to dealing with this pandemic. In particular wearing masks, sanitization, contact tracing, etc. I suspect being in that part of the world where they are closer to where Sars viruses originate it seems, they are also more vigilant overall.

Oh, absolutely. And don't get me wrong, the mindset of their people with regards to the virus is far more preferable than to what I'm dealing with, here. I was just pointing out that there are some things that they have been faltering on.

If their government were able to get out the vaccines like ours did earlier this year, they'd probably have a 90+% vaccination rate among those eligible and would be doing dandy.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Goalpost - 09-15-2021

(09-15-2021, 10:52 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Japan on the other hand with a population near 126 million, just over 1/3 of the U.S. population, are only at 16,919 deaths. They're doing something right over there compared to rest of us over here and across the pond.

It's not like Japan is a large land mass either.  I don't know their actual vaccination percentages but here in the US, I think their percent of vaccination is higher than say white, black, or hispanic.  It might be they are just healthier too when it comes to diet.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - GMDino - 09-15-2021

(09-15-2021, 11:06 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Yeah true,  they have just an entirely different (far superior) mindset when it comes to dealing with this pandemic. In particular wearing masks, sanitization, contact tracing, etc. I suspect being in that part of the world where they are closer to where Sars viruses originate it seems, they are also more vigilant overall.

Aye.  And wearing masks to prevent the spread of disease is accept there.  Has been for quite awhile.

https://www.gavi.org/vaccineswork/long-view-100-years-and-counting-mask-wearing-japan

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - NATI BENGALS - 09-16-2021

I see no one has posted the correct answer to the original question.

Nicki Minaj is who we should all be taking medical advice from.

I got to looking at all the stuff she has out there and my nuts naturally became less swollen.

Your welcome.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - BigPapaKain - 09-16-2021

(09-16-2021, 05:54 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I see no one has posted the correct answer to the original question.

Nicki Minaj is who we should all be taking medical advice from.

I got to looking at all the stuff she has out there and my nuts naturally became less swollen.

Your welcome.

Jim Breuer is on that list, too.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Nately120 - 09-16-2021

(09-15-2021, 11:19 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Oh, absolutely. And don't get me wrong, the mindset of their people with regards to the virus is far more preferable than to what I'm dealing with, here. I was just pointing out that there are some things that they have been faltering on.

If their government were able to get out the vaccines like ours did earlier this year, they'd probably have a 90+% vaccination rate among those eligible and would be doing dandy.

I live in rural PA and the current atmosphere here is parents screaming that their kids shouldn't wear masks and then parents screaming that the high school football game shouldn't be cancelled because the players are quarantined.  

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - jason - 09-17-2021

(09-16-2021, 10:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I live in rural PA and the current atmosphere here is parents screaming that their kids shouldn't wear masks and then parents screaming that the high school football game shouldn't be cancelled because the players are quarantined.  

I live in urban Ohio, and the mindset here is my niece has covid, and didn't get vaccinated cause she wants to have kids later... Unqualified if you ask me.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - GMDino - 09-18-2021

(09-16-2021, 10:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I live in rural PA and the current atmosphere here is parents screaming that their kids shouldn't wear masks and then parents screaming that the high school football game shouldn't be cancelled because the players are quarantined.  

(09-17-2021, 11:41 PM)jason Wrote: I live in urban Ohio, and the mindset here is my niece has covid, and didn't get vaccinated cause she wants to have kids later... Unqualified if you ask me.

Out with some friends last night.  One is an ex-teacher and she said her friends and colleagues who are still working are talking about the people yelling at them from the street corners about their kids wearing masks.  It's sad.

One other guy with us had previously refused to get the vaccination because...reasons...despite our best friend being a doctor who recommended it.  He told us last night that he DID get vaccinated.  Not because his mother is 80+ (she was already vaccinated because of his siblings), not because he studied and trusted it, no...it was because he volunteers at a prison preaching religion to the inmates and he couldn't get in without the vaccine. (He is not a priest or a deacon or any religious leader.)

Literally he cares more about telling strangers they better believe in his religion or they will suffer for all eternity than he did about his mother's health.

Its brutal out there.

Our doctor friend was going over the places he's been asked to speak to people about the vaccine to encourage them to get it.  As we said there isn't a logical reason not to get one unless there is a medical reason you cannot but people keep looking for any other possible solution than the simplest one.  He blames politics.  I blame willfully ignorant people.  Might be the same thing.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Nately120 - 09-18-2021

It's interesting seeing all the stuff the anti-vaxx crowd will take or at least look into being the secret cure for covid. I'm holding out hope that eventually it will get to Tide pods and we can see the boomers who posted about how dumb kids are these days for eating Tide pods buying up and eating Tide pods.

Come on America, make it so.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Au165 - 09-21-2021

(09-17-2021, 11:41 PM)jason Wrote: I live in urban Ohio, and the mindset here is my niece has covid, and didn't get vaccinated cause she wants to have kids later... Unqualified if you ask me.

My wife is vaccinated and can confirm...she did get pregnant post vaccination lol.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - BigPapaKain - 09-21-2021

Can't get pregnant if you're dead.

Also hard to get pregnant if your body is wrecked from long term effects of the virus.

Maybe she shouldn't get pregnant at all.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - jason - 09-22-2021

(09-21-2021, 05:30 PM)Au165 Wrote: My wife is vaccinated and can confirm...she did get pregnant post vaccination lol.

There is zero doubt in my mind that she did... Or could.

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - jason - 09-22-2021

(09-21-2021, 10:36 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Can't get pregnant if you're dead.

Also hard to get pregnant if your body is wrecked from long term effects of the virus.

Maybe she shouldn't get pregnant at all.

She definitely failed the prescreen test...

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - BengalHawk62 - 09-22-2021

The war on Ivermectin.

https://centralcitynews.us/?p=13725&fbclid=IwAR345pWrh9tfdIWg59MBqq2WFV_yLHbTN55jIXxbaTp-Akfzbc7du26Y_Qg

RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Vas Deferens - 09-22-2021

(09-22-2021, 02:54 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: The war on Ivermectin.

https://centralcitynews.us/?p=13725&fbclid=IwAR345pWrh9tfdIWg59MBqq2WFV_yLHbTN55jIXxbaTp-Akfzbc7du26Y_Qg

“ It is now clear that big tech and the mainstream media worked with the NIH to suppress knowledge of a drug that could have ended the pandemic last summer”

… right.