Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Will we see players kneel? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Will we see players kneel? (/Thread-Will-we-see-players-kneel)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Will you be a Bengals fan if the players kneel? - RoyleRedlegs - 09-24-2017

I don't care. They are allowed to do as they please.

I've seen plenty of service men and women have no issue with it. I've seen some who don't like it.

They aren't stomping the flag or lighting it on fire.

Get over it.

RE: Will you be a Bengals fan if the players kneel? - bonesaw - 09-24-2017

I don't tune in to watch the pregame. And If I want to talk/watch politics it's not gonna be with millionaire out of touch professional athletes. It's like going to the baker to get your car fixed.

RE: Will you be a Bengals fan if the players kneel? - Big Boss - 09-24-2017

It honestly doesn't bother me in the slightest, and shame on the national media for turning this into such an overblown circus.

For better or worse, I'm a Bengals fan so long as they remain in Cincinnati.

Things that make me not want to be a Bengals fan:

Drafting men who beat women
extending players who repeatedly show no respect for the law and others
Letting leaders and important players leave
Refusing to move on from dead weight coaches with no playoff wins in 15 years.
Mike Brown

Not on that list? Players having opinions or motivations that may or may not line up with mine 100%

RE: Will you be a Bengals fan if the players kneel? - Circleville Guy - 09-24-2017

When I'm at home or at a bar watching a game, I don't stand up and take off my cap when the National Anthem is playing. I do feel pride in my heart every time that I hear the song played though. What gets me is the protest itself. More whites than blacks are killed by cops every year. These people are uneducated on the subject and are blinded by their own prejudice and the media's agenda.

RE: Will we see players kneel? - J24 - 09-24-2017

I am against kneeling at the anthem but I am also ashamed that we have a president who cares more about trolling against people who are expressing their first amendment rights then uniting us.

RE: Will you be a Bengals fan if the players kneel? - Bengalpool - 09-24-2017

Not trying to fire shots here, but I don't believe one person here who says that they're "done" with Bengals if they kneel... Sorry I just don't believe that.

I don't agree with it, I think it's ignorant for players to be doing this, but they do have the right to choose whether they want kneel or stand. I'm not going to let this tamper with where I stand with my team. If anything does it will be a 3rd consecutive game with no TD's lol.

RE: Will you be a Bengals fan if the players kneel? - GreenDragon - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 01:57 PM)Trademark Wrote: I'll probably stop supporting the team if they kneel and probably stop watching the NFL in general

Bye!

RE: Will you be a Bengals fan if the players kneel? - THE PISTONS - 09-24-2017

It kind of amazes me that Kaepernick is blackballed from the league...yet entire teams are doing it now.

As far as kneeling? We're not going to agree with everything in life...but why disrespect the flag over it? It's just a terrible idea.

RE: Will we see players kneel? - Awful Llama - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 03:20 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Let 'em kneel.  No skin off my nose.

This. 

(09-24-2017, 03:22 PM)mhbsavant Wrote: Good riddance 

And especially this.  I don't care if it's because of the kneeling, or the latest Mike Brown cheapness, or yet another Marvin Lewis boneheaded comment.  Whatever is driving you away from the NFL, this team and or this board, then let it take you away already so you can stop demanding attention.  Just go, ffs.

(09-24-2017, 03:42 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: When I'm at home or at a bar watching a game, I don't stand up and take off my cap when the National Anthem is playing. I do feel pride in my heart every time that I hear the song played though. What gets me is the protest itself. More whites than blacks are killed by cops every year. These people are uneducated on the subject and are blinded by their own prejudice and the media's agenda.

The point.

Your post. 

It's not strictly a black vs white issue. It's an issue with the state of policing and injustice. Is it currently manifested in situations that prominently feature a racial bias? Yes.  But that isn't the whole point and painting it as such shouldn't be the goal. The goal should be a complete re-evaluation of how things work here. 

RE: Will we see players kneel? - rfaulk34 - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 01:15 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You have your views and I have mine.

Insinuate and call me names for voicing my free speech how I see fit, but typical crap from one who says they want free speech unless they disagree with it. Expected more from you than calling me a hypocrite.

WTF? He said he--personally, him--would feel like a hypocrite. 

He didn't call you anything.

(09-24-2017, 02:28 PM)Synric Wrote: Truth...

When I'm at home when they play the anthem that's my queue to go piss and get a beer....maybe a snack.

This! 

You hear the anthem when watching at home and it's "ooh! I still have a couple minutes!" run to the kitchen.

RE: Will we see players kneel? - Luvnit2 - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 03:46 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: WTF? He said he--personally, him--would feel like a hypocrite. 

He didn't call you anything.

LOL

come out of your cocoon, that is exactly what he was doing, I know it and he knows it

RE: Will you be a Bengals fan if the players kneel? - Bengalpool - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 03:42 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: When I'm at home or at a bar watching a game, I don't stand up and take off my cap when the National Anthem is playing. I do feel pride in my heart every time that I hear the song played though. What gets me is the protest itself. More whites than blacks are killed by cops every year. These people are uneducated on the subject and are blinded by their own prejudice and the media's agenda.

Exactly. The protest itself is hypocritical. There are statisctically more black on black deaths than there are any other race combination of deaths/murders in America combined. People want to listen to the media because it's easy, no african American wants to talk about black on black crime. It's sad. The media will not talk about white people getting killed by black people or black cops/white cops. It happens every day. America needs to take a stand and wake up.

RE: Will we see players kneel? - rfaulk34 - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 01:18 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: If you're trying to get the attention of the guy in front of you and you slap him in the face to do it, you still slapped him in the face...even if you only did it to tell him his shoe is untied 

You can't compare an active, physical act to a passive act. 

Rioting, sure.

RE: Will you be a Bengals fan if the players kneel? - Sled21 - 09-24-2017

Alex Villaneueva was the only Stealers player to come out of the tunnel for the anthem. Yes, if the Bengals kneel, I am done with them. And since the Ravens and Jags kneeled overseas, stood for the British Anthem and knelt for ours, I am researching professional soccer teams to see which one I will follow. If Illoka or any of the rest of them kneel, they have gotten their last dime from me.

Players are protesting during the anthem. That act is being portrayed as protesting THE ANTHEM. Which is not the case.

RE: Will we see players kneel? - McC - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 03:24 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: It is being done.  You're talking about it right now.  Awareness of the issue at hand is a step in the right direction.

Where's it being done?  All I hear is to kneel or not to kneel.  Show me one source of anybody doing anything and I'll shut up about it.

RE: Will we see players kneel? - Sled21 - 09-24-2017

I'll just flat out say it, and you can take me to task over it, but these are my feelings. I hope that any player taking a knee during our National Anthem blows out that same knee and ends their career in the same game. A hex on every one of them.....