Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary (/Thread-Alabama-state-official-defends-Roy-Moore-citing-Joseph-and-Mary)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - CKwi88 - 12-11-2017

(12-11-2017, 05:24 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So nothing about the correction from Fox News? http://thehill.com/homenews/media/363990-fox-news-issues-correction-on-roy-moore-accuser-yearbook-forgery-headline

It's only fake news if you're told to not like a certain source.

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - Benton - 12-11-2017

(12-11-2017, 05:24 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So nothing about the correction from Fox News? http://thehill.com/homenews/media/363990-fox-news-issues-correction-on-roy-moore-accuser-yearbook-forgery-headline

That's not unsurprising from Fox. They got the response they were looking for, and as long as you issue a clarification/correction later, you're pretty well covered legally.

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - Belsnickel - 12-11-2017

(12-11-2017, 05:40 PM)Benton Wrote: That's not unsurprising from Fox. They got the response they were looking for, and as long as you issue a clarification/correction later, you're pretty well covered legally.

Well, as long as you typically side with the current administration. If you issue an apology/correction and you don't agree with them, they call for you to be fired/fined.

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - Benton - 12-11-2017

(12-11-2017, 05:46 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, as long as you typically side with the current administration. If you issue an apology/correction and you don't agree with them, they call for you to be fired/fined.

They can call all they want, but there's not much they can do legally.

Yet.

Trump has already said he'd like to have greater penalties for media he disagrees with. And in some instances, I don't entirely disagree. Proving intent and malice is pretty difficult to do, and if we're talking about a guy off the street, there's not a lot of recourse against attorney's for media giants like Fox. 

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - GMDino - 12-12-2017

I don't really doubt Moore will win.

Republicans care more about republicans than they do anything else.

But you can follow the voting live here if you wish.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/alabama-senate-election-results/

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - NATI BENGALS - 12-12-2017

Should be a proud night for Alabamians.

Electing a racist pedophile seems close to a 100% Alabama match. Maybe he should have bragged about a little incest desire like Trump. Just to really lock it up.

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - jason - 12-12-2017

(12-12-2017, 11:09 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Should be a proud night for Alabamians.

Electing a racist pedophile seems close to a 100% Alabama match. Maybe he should have bragged about a little incest desire like Trump. Just to really lock it up.

Are they called Alabamians?

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - Griever - 12-13-2017

im shocked

like, literally shocked that moore lost

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - NATI BENGALS - 12-13-2017

Weird. For some reason i feel happy a racist pedophile lost an election. It almost seems a racist pedophile would be bad for our country. Just about half of Alabama disagrees.

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - Benton - 12-13-2017

(12-13-2017, 12:52 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Weird. For some reason i feel happy a racist pedophile lost an election. It almost seems a racist pedophile would be bad for our country. Just about half of Alabama disagrees.

On behalf of the 48% in favor of Moore, he was only accused of being a pedophile.

Racism and his inability to understand the First were established, but pedophilia was only an accusation.

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 12-13-2017

(12-13-2017, 12:37 AM)Griever Wrote: im shocked

like, literally shocked that moore lost

Actually I am too.  Glad things turned out differently than I expected.

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - Nately120 - 12-13-2017

Going all-in on a sexual deviant rarely pays off.

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - Benton - 12-13-2017

(12-13-2017, 08:28 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Going all-in on a sexual deviant rarely pays off.

50% of the presidents since 1992 would disagree.

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - CageTheBengal - 12-13-2017

Thank god that P.O.S. lost.

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - GMDino - 12-13-2017

So the POTUS tweeted late last night.

Nothing wrong there at all.  Actually much better than I expected.

Then, seven hours later:

There's the Trump we know and love!  He was right!  Even when he backed the wrong guy, they switched to the other guy, and his guy lost twice!  Smirk

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - CageTheBengal - 12-13-2017

(12-13-2017, 09:33 AM)GMDino Wrote: So the POTUS tweeted late last night.

Nothing wrong there at all.  Actually much better than I expected.

Then, seven hours later:

There's the Trump we know and love!  He was right!  Even when he backed the wrong guy, they switched to the other guy, and his guy lost twice!  Smirk

I think he even knows it sounds stupid but the puppet master has to pull strings.

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - GMDino - 12-13-2017

(12-13-2017, 09:58 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I think he even knows it sounds stupid but the puppet master has to pull strings.

I'm not sure.  This is a classic example of a guy who has convinced himself he is the best because he still wants everyone else to say he's best (mommy and daddy issues).

He probably believes what he says.

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - Belsnickel - 12-13-2017

Couple of things:

1. I think Moore is a piece of shit, for many reasons. Even taking his ephebophilia (not pedophilia, stop calling it that) out of the equation he was bad for the country. He was anti-all amendments but 2-10, and maybe even a couple of those as well.

2. There will be a recount, but it won't matter much.

3. This victory is due to black Alabamans. They turned out in massive numbers despite voter intimidation and attempts at voter suppression reported all over the state. I saw early exit polls reporting they were 30% of the electorate, which is a huge turnout, especially in the face of adversity.

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 12-13-2017

(12-13-2017, 11:41 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Couple of things:

1. I think Moore is a piece of shit, for many reasons. Even taking his ephebophilia (not pedophilia, stop calling it that) out of the equation he was bad for the country. He was anti-all amendments but 2-10, and maybe even a couple of those as well.

2. There will be a recount, but it won't matter much.

3. This victory is due to black Alabamans. They turned out in massive numbers despite voter intimidation and attempts at voter suppression reported all over the state. I saw early exit polls reporting they were 30% of the electorate, which is a huge turnout, especially in the face of adversity.

First, thank you for correcting the pedophilia comments.  As I have repeatedly demonstrated words mean something, use them correctly.  So again, thank you.

Moore losing is actually better for the GOP long term.  It shows that Trump is an outlier, extreme candidates are not a good bet outside of him and this result could not demonstrate that more definitively.  We don't need more extreme candidates from either party, so the American public wins here.  There's zero chance Jones wins reelection..

Quick question, does Jones win the remainder of Session's term or does his election win him a full six year term?

(12-13-2017, 11:52 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: First, thank you for correcting the pedophilia comments.  As I have repeatedly demonstrated words mean something, use them correctly.  So again, thank you.

Moore losing is actually better for the GOP long term.  It shows that Trump is an outlier, extreme candidates are not a good bet outside of him and this result could not demonstrate that more definitively.  We don't need more extreme candidates from either party, so the American public wins here.  There's zero chance Jones wins reelection..

Quick question, does Jones win the remainder of Session's term or does his election win him a full six year term?

I agree that the GOP will downplay all of this...Trump already is saying it's not his fault, he wanted the other guy...but the RNC backed him fully.  They have to own that much.

Jones will be up for reelection in 2020.  And I agree he won't beat a "normal" GOP candidate.

Edit to correct the reelection date.