Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Report-Bengals releasing assistants - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Report-Bengals releasing assistants (/Thread-Report-Bengals-releasing-assistants)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Report-Bengals releasing assistants - Pat5775 - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 03:45 PM)fozzie11 Wrote: well Hue isn't under contract, and they are both "candidates" so the bengals probably don't want to tip their hands too much just yet

Excellent points. I’m relieved haha

RE: Report-Bengals releasing assistants - McC - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 03:46 PM)jason Wrote: I do remember you being dead set against drafting him. I have a daughter, and what he did was straight bullshit, but Joe Mixon was THE best RB prospect in that draft... Better than Kamara. Yep I said it. Put Joe Mixon on that Saints offense, and see what happens. I like Kamara coming out, but that was only if someone took Mixon before we did.

This guy's list of better backs in another thread included Phillip Lindsay. I like Lindsay, but c'mon.

As to the topic at hand... Good. I'm glad they're releasing guys. About time that act like an NFL franchise.

Wonder if any of them stay.

RE: Report-Bengals releasing assistants - Truck_1_0_1_ - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 03:44 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Caskey being let go is a bit of a surprise... but I’m not against it. Fresh faces all around please Cool

Now why hasn’t it been announced that lazor and hue are gone yet? Nervous

Because one is not under contract (I don't know why people don't realise this) and the other will probably be announced.

(01-10-2019, 03:44 PM)McC Wrote: Video disputes what you said.  Numbers dispute what you said.  Reality disputes what you said.  Timid people do not average 4.8 yards a carry and lead the conference in rushing while missing two games.  

You sir, have been disputed beyond all dispute.

I didn’t think it was possible but this man is a bigger troll than Fred... or... perhaps... Fred has another burner account?? Ninja

RE: Report-Bengals releasing assistants - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 03:46 PM)jason Wrote: I do remember you being dead set against drafting him. I have a daughter, and what he did was straight bullshit, but Joe Mixon was THE best RB prospect in that draft... Better than Kamara. Yep I said it. Put Joe Mixon on that Saints offense, and see what happens. I like Kamara coming out, but that was only if someone took Mixon before we did.

This guy's list of better backs in another thread included Phillip Lindsay. I like Lindsay, but c'mon.

As to the topic at hand... Good. I'm glad they're releasing guys. About time that act like an NFL franchise.

That was my problem.....I have 2.

As to the last sentence......ABSO-DAMN-LUTELY! :andy:

RE: Report-Bengals releasing assistants - YsCascadia - 01-10-2019

Worry not.

I won't say anymore about precious Mixon.

I have said my piece and not will just watch as time will prove me right.

(01-10-2019, 03:48 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Because one is not under contract (I don't know why people don't realise this) and the other will probably be announced.

I... wasn’t aware that one wasn’t under contract. Therefore I didn’t realize this. That’s how Mellow

RE: Report-Bengals releasing assistants - Bengalpool - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 03:50 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: Worry not.

Or, ya know.. Wrong. Like you've already proven to be.

RE: Report-Bengals releasing assistants - tBengal - 01-10-2019

So far we only have news on 2 assistants, RB and TE coach, both fired?

RE: Report-Bengals releasing assistants - McC - 01-10-2019

You haven't been right about anything yet so the odds are against it.  Better odds are you'll troll another bridge...er...thread.

RE: Report-Bengals releasing assistants - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-10-2019

Great post Jason, i agree with everything you say here.

RE: Report-Bengals releasing assistants - Bengalpool - 01-10-2019

If we keep Lazor after we're done "cleaning house", is Taylor a real possibility given their past relation with the Dolphins? What do you guys think.. I feel like Waldron would follow Taylor and be our OC while Taylor took over as HC.

RE: Report-Bengals releasing assistants - Nicomo Cosca - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 03:44 PM)McC Wrote: Video disputes what you said.  Numbers dispute what you said.  Reality disputes what you said.  Timid people do not average 4.8 yards a carry and lead the conference in rushing while missing two games.  

You sir, have been disputed beyond all dispute.

4.9, actually.

RE: Report-Bengals releasing assistants - The Real Deal - 01-10-2019

RE: Report-Bengals releasing assistants - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 03:56 PM)Takedown Wrote: If we keep Lazor after we're done "cleaning house", is Taylor a real possibility given their past relation with the Dolphins? What do you guys think.. I feel like Waldron would follow Taylor and be our OC while Taylor took over as HC.

Definately a possibility and if Taylor thinks Lazor can be a good OC i guess i am not against it.

The Rams might not want to lose Waldron.

RE: Report-Bengals releasing assistants - Truck_1_0_1_ - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 03:50 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I... wasn’t aware that one wasn’t under contract. Therefore I didn’t realize this. That’s how Mellow

I realised after I wrote it that it may come off as snarky; not my intention at all.

I just couldn't see how it wasn't common knowledge, that's it.

When he was signed, it was reported everywhere that it was just until the end of the season and during this process, that he wasn't under contract so it wasn't that they were retaining him.

All good ThumbsUp

(01-10-2019, 04:07 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I realised after I wrote it that it may come off as snarky; not my intention at all.

I just couldn't see how it wasn't common knowledge, that's it.

When he was signed, it was reported everywhere that it was just until the end of the season and during this process, that he wasn't under contract so it wasn't that they were retaining him.

All good ThumbsUp

I honestly forgot this myself, great news. We will see on Lazor as Takedown's point could be a possibility, maybe with Marv not being here Lazor might be a great OC yah never know. One thing i do know is that all the OC's under Marv were similar in the way they would take their foot off the gas or not stick to what is working. We seemed never to be aggressive when the other team was not expecting it under Marv no matter who was the OC.

I guess Hue was our best OC under him.

RE: Report-Bengals releasing assistants - TrevBengal - 01-10-2019

Little do we know, Hue as already been given the HC job

He secured the job by pitching to Mike that he can also serve as the QB Coach, WR Coach, RB Coach and the OC.   This way Mike can save 4 salaries+benefits+travel costs there.   That's probably worth a 1.5 million alone there. 

RE: Report-Bengals releasing assistants - GodFather - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 01:26 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I'm actually pretty happy with the assistant coaches on the offensive side of the ball.  Just gotta get rid of Lazor.

Everybody on defense can go, however.

Agreed he needs to go. 

Coincidentally Marvin is waiting by the phone to see if he is still the DC  Ninja

RE: Report-Bengals releasing assistants - BengalChris - 01-10-2019

I'm still trying to understand why you believe a RB should run into defenders at all. His job is to get yards, not get contact, and Mixon does get yards.