Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Joe Burrow Injury Update - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Joe Burrow Injury Update (/Thread-Joe-Burrow-Injury-Update)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Joe Burrow Injury Update - Truck_1_0_1_ - 11-23-2020

(11-23-2020, 06:28 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: LT Glenn
LG Boling
C Price
RG Redmond
RT Hart

What word would 2018 like to have with me?

Damn good run-blocking OL, damn good.

Well, maybe except for Glenn. Still, point stands.

RE: Joe Burrow Injury Update - Nicomo Cosca - 11-23-2020

(11-23-2020, 04:53 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: You were talking alternative options like literally less than 2 hours after it happened. Before any diagnosis, any real news. Like many of us said, unless they say he can't play there is 0 chance this team takes another QB. It's not alternative opinions that people don't take well, its opinions that have 0 factual backing, and are quite frankly just in poor taste at this point. Until a professional says, he will never come back or be anything close to what he is, the QB argument is silly. 

Rep for the bold.

It sucks it turned out to be more than just the ACL, but the Paul Dehner tweet makes me feel a little better. At least as far as the projected return time goes.

RE: Joe Burrow Injury Update - psychdoctor - 11-23-2020

RE: Joe Burrow Injury Update - psychdoctor - 11-23-2020

RE: Joe Burrow Injury Update - WiregrassBenGal - 11-23-2020

The video of Joe's injury makes me queasy to look at. His leg got bent sideways one way and then slammed back the other way. He's a warrior, but I would not be surprised if it takes several games into next year for him to return and even more than that if the grossly incompetent Bengal medical staff have any input. I have a little Bengal helmet head as an aerial ornament and took it off my car this morning, but could not just throw it away. It is getting stored for now.

RE: Joe Burrow Injury Update - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 11-23-2020

(11-23-2020, 06:32 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Damn good run-blocking OL, damn good.

Well, maybe except for Glenn. Still, point stands.

How many NFL teams do you honestly think that those five would have started on in 2018?

Maybe Boling gets a couple spots and possibly Glenn . . . that's it, period. No team was starting a Center worse than Price, Redmond wasn't going to start anywhere and the only O-line that was considered worse than Cincinnati at that time was the NY Giants and they cut Hart.

You want to believe that the 2018 o-line was good that's on you, but my point still stands . . . Joe Mixon has yet to run behind a good o-line.

RE: Joe Burrow Injury Update - Murdock2420 - 11-23-2020

(11-23-2020, 06:46 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: How many NFL teams do you honestly think that those five would have started on in 2018?
G
Maybe Boling gets a couple spots and possibly Glenn . . . that's it, period. No team was starting a Center worse than Price, Redmond wasn't going to start anywhere and the only O-line that was considered worse than Cincinnati at that time was the NY iants and they cut Hart.

You want to believe that the 2018 o-line was good that's on you, but my point still stands . . . Joe Mixon has yet to run behind a good o-line.

To add to that point, the Bengals let him go and he was still available when we came calling later on in the season. In a league that is starving for quality O-line play, no one outside this team was interested in him.

RE: Joe Burrow Injury Update - Tony - 11-23-2020

I told everyone as soon as it happened, he would be out 2-3 years and maybe never come back. I get it. Some people don't want to accept how bad it really is. I don't either..

RE: Joe Burrow Injury Update - Truck_1_0_1_ - 11-23-2020

(11-23-2020, 06:46 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: How many NFL teams do you honestly think that those five would have started on in 2018?

Maybe Boling gets a couple spots and possibly Glenn . . . that's it, period. No team was starting a Center worse than Price, Redmond wasn't going to start anywhere and the only O-line that was considered worse than Cincinnati at that time was the NY Giants and they cut Hart.

The oline wasn't good.... on the whole.

In terms of RUN BLOCKING, they were superb, arguably the best in the league at the end of the season.

So yes, he has run behind *1* good oline in his career.

RE: Joe Burrow Injury Update - Chezaugie - 11-23-2020

(11-23-2020, 07:10 PM)Tony Wrote: I told everyone as soon as it happened, he would be out 2-3 years and maybe never come back. I get it. Some people don't want to accept how bad it really is. I don't either..

Yeah doc, tell  me about the QB that beat the Bengals on Sunday. Two years ago doctors were contemplating amputating his leg just to save his life.

Love the couch doctors on this board. Whatever

RE: Joe Burrow Injury Update - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-23-2020

(11-23-2020, 02:55 PM)Tony Wrote: I got on the floor at work yesterday get my phone all set up in my forklift and the first thing I see is Joe on the ground. It made me sick immediately,  like that heart sinking feeling and I just kept thinking . No no no... Even shed a little tear...

At first....I just felt sorry for the kid. He's worked his tail off, sucked to see it end for him like that. Then I admit, I had a chuckle, and an "only the Bungals" thought go through my head. Then it was back to concern for Joe. **** Mike Brown's "team", but I feel bad for the kid. He deserves better.

JC who drives a forklift while watching something on their phone...

(11-23-2020, 04:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's nothing like Teddy's. Teddy's was a non-contact during practice that included the twisting of the knee. Joe's looks much more like CP9's.

Yeah, Teddy was more like Marcus Lattimore than anyone else.

(11-23-2020, 04:21 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: It’s not a crazy narrative

It's a little exaggerated though....there were serious thoughts about amputation with Bridgewater. He was lucky to get off the field, players were puking. It was very gruesome from what I've read. Mike Zimmer was in tears.

(11-23-2020, 07:36 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Yeah doc, tell  me about the QB that beat the Bengals on Sunday. Two years ago doctors were contemplating amputating his leg just to save his life.

Love the couch doctors on this board. Whatever
It took him.and Teddy 2-3 years... I'm not a doctor,  its just an opinion.. Some of you guys are some real assholes on here...

(11-23-2020, 07:39 PM)Wyche Wrote: At first....I just felt sorry for the kid. He's worked his tail off, sucked to see it end for him like that. Then I admit, I had a chuckle, and an "only the Bungals" thought go through my head. Then it was back to concern for Joe. **** Mike Brown's "team", but I feel bad for the kid. He deserves better.
The way his shoulder pads were positioned was like he was trying to turtle his head in there and the look on his face and him just holding his helmet really got me in the feels. He knew everything he had just worked his ass off for this year went bye bye in an instant...

(11-23-2020, 07:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: JC who drives a forklift while watching something on their phone...

Not while I'm driving genius.. I sit still 50% of the time..

(11-23-2020, 07:55 PM)Tony Wrote: Not while I'm driving genius.. I sit still 50% of the time..

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=16756148]

RE: Joe Burrow Injury Update - TheFan - 11-23-2020

(11-23-2020, 07:49 PM)Tony Wrote: It took him.and Teddy 2-3 years... I'm not a doctor,  its just an opinion.. Some of you guys are some real assholes on here...

You can't say "some people don't want to accept how bad it really is" and then say it's just your opinion. You're attempting to state a fact. You have no idea if it will be 9 months, 1 year, 2-3 years, or longer. 

Why don't YOU stop being an asshole and quit pounding your chest about how you're telling everyone this will be one of the worst injuries in the past 20 years when you have no idea. 

Burrow rehab will be 9-12 months.. - Nati#1 - 11-23-2020

Looks like we need a veteran free agent Quarterback to step in. Ryan Finley won't win us 1 game. Sam Bradford is available? At this point we need someone or else its going ti be a long and rough road the remainder if this season and the next.

Anybody have any suggestion for available quarterbacks who are still on the market?