Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase (/Thread-Report-Burrow-pushing-for-Bengals-to-draft-Chase)

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - samhain - 03-27-2021

(03-27-2021, 03:16 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Yep. Good thought on Moore. 

I see the kid from ND as a tackle. Though I am not in the weeds on him. I was talking about guards (or guys who can play guard) in round 2. A round 2 OT is not likely to be better than Williams or Reiff (in my view), so if he cannot play OG, he does not help much this year. 

I want proven guys (Reiff) or elite prospects (Williams, Sewell, Slater) at OT.

I like Moore, too.  I'd hope to get him in the 3rd, which is where I've seen him projected.  The only issue with him is that he projects mainly as a slot guy, and we have one of those.  I suppose another can't hurt, but we really need a fast deep ball WR.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - samhain - 03-27-2021

(03-27-2021, 05:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: So, what happens in this scenario: The Falcons stay put and take Pitts, then Carolina or Denver comes calling for the 5th pick to grab a QB? Do you make the trade, or just stay at 5 and take your guy.

It depends.  The 5th isn't the same as the 2nd in terms of value, and the Bengals wouldn't have to drop back as far as Miami did, either.  This all equals out to them getting a lot less for the pick than the Dolphins did, logically speaking.  There's no way we'd get 3 firsts back in that deal.  Now, if we could get their 1,2 and maybe a 3 or 4 plus something in 2022, it's something to think about.  

Being able to pick between 2 or 3 of the true elite prospects in the draft might just be more valuable than the quantity you'd get back.  There's no guarantee you get that chance if you go back to pick 8.  

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - BengalsFanRealist2855 - 03-27-2021

(03-27-2021, 07:03 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: There are plenty of funny and hilarious people on this board. You are not one of them. Your act comes across as stupid, crass and juvenile. And you're the one that sounds butthurt. All we are doing is letting you know.

Obviously it hurt some feelings if you're responding,in your butthurt tone lol

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 03-27-2021

Sure, kid.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Wes Mantooth - 03-27-2021

(03-27-2021, 05:08 PM)sandwedge Wrote: This was stupid the first time you posted it and it bombed...

Fwiw, I laughed (and repped it).

I read him repeating "meat and potatos" either like Warren from Something about Mary saying "franks and beans" or Sling Blade saying "French Fried Taters".

Sorry, he's got me hooked now.  MEAT AND POTATOS!  MEAT AND POTATOS! 

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 03-27-2021

So about Chase?

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - BengalsRocker - 03-27-2021

(03-27-2021, 07:54 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Fwiw, I laughed (and repped it).

I read him repeating "meat and potatos" either like Warren from Something about Mary saying "franks and beans" or Sling Blade saying "French Fried Taters".

Sorry, he's got me hooked now.  MEAT AND POTATOS!  MEAT AND POTATOS! 

I was thinking Slingblade myself.

and it's  POTATAS !

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - lone bengal - 03-27-2021

Think the whole Burrow pushing for Chase has been blown slightly out of proportion. He was asked about Chase because they played together he wasn’t asked about playing with the other prospects because he’s never played with them. Added the quote below.

"I wouldn't mind. Ja'Marr's a really good player, it’s pretty easy to throw to him when he has five yards of separation every snap," Burrow said. "He’s an exciting player and a great guy and a friend as well. He was fun to play with.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - NATI BENGALS - 03-27-2021

(03-27-2021, 09:22 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Think the whole Burrow pushing for Chase has been blown slightly out of proportion. He was asked about Chase because they played together he wasn’t asked about playing with the other prospects because he’s never played with them. Added the quote below.

"I wouldn't mind. Ja'Marr's a really good player, it’s pretty easy to throw to him when he has five yards of separation every snap," Burrow said. "He’s an exciting player and a great guy and a friend as well. He was fun to play with.

Exactly. I think that’s what they are still running with

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Burma - 03-28-2021

I am just surprised at how fast the lessons learned in the Super Bowl have been forgotten. The Chiefs have an elite, future HoF QB and elite weapons and it did them no good because the O-line could not hold out. Chase is a luxury pick, Burrow is the franchise. Keep him safe.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - sandwedge - 03-28-2021

(03-27-2021, 05:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: So, what happens in this scenario: The Falcons stay put and take Pitts, then Carolina or Denver comes calling for the 5th pick to grab a QB? Do you make the trade, or just stay at 5 and take your guy.

I gotta think the Falcons are going with a QB. Ryan is getting older and personally, I don't think he's close to what he was.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Nicomo Cosca - 03-28-2021

(03-28-2021, 01:01 AM)Burma Wrote: I am just surprised at how fast the lessons learned in the Super Bowl have been forgotten. The Chiefs have an elite, future HoF QB and elite weapons and it did them no good because the O-line could not hold out. Chase is a luxury pick, Burrow is the franchise. Keep him safe.

People really need to stop using this as an example. KC was missing multiple starters on their OL. Very few teams could have overcome that.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Whatever - 03-28-2021

(03-28-2021, 01:46 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: People really need to stop using this as an example. KC was missing multiple starters on their OL. Very few teams could have overcome that.

Yup.  KC was down 3 starters, including their 2 best OL.  And it was the SB against a loaded TB team.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Burma - 03-28-2021

(03-28-2021, 01:46 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: People really need to stop using this as an example. KC was missing multiple starters on their OL. Very few teams could have overcome that.

That is the point. You typically can't overcome bad O-line play, even with a largesse of skill position talent.  Missing starters, or simply just having bad starters, the result is the same, bad o-line play.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 03-28-2021

(03-28-2021, 02:13 AM)Whatever Wrote: Yup.  KC was down 3 starters, including their 2 best OL.  And it was the SB against a loaded TB team.

I'd argue that KC's Super Bowl line was still better than what Cincy has been trotting out the last few years regardless of the opponent.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - BengalsRocker - 03-28-2021

I agree.

Plus who is to say that Sewell will be immediate help compared to another O-lineman?

There is no guarantee that he won't struggle to perform at an NFL level.

Price won the damn Remington award for best Center in the NCAA and once put into the starting line fans were calling him "hot garbage".

He performed at an extremely high level in college putting him into 1st round draft status.

Just edgumacating you folks that might have the notion he was only a homer OSU pick.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Beaker - 03-28-2021

You cannot underestimate the fact that Burrow and Chase have already played together and have chemistry. That alone almost guarantees that Chase will be successful right from the get go....plug and play. You are not likely to find a WR anywhere near as talented in the 2nd round, much less one that Burrow already trusts and has played with.

Sewell sat out a year, played in a spread offense at Oregon which is terrible for teaching proper pass protection, and faced very little top level defenses playing in the PAC12. He is not even the consensus top OT.

So Im looking at a few things:

1. Which player has the better chance of NOT being good?

2. What is the talent like in the 2nd round at that position if we don't draft that player in the first?

For me, #1 was answered above, and #2 is clear cut also....there is much better talent available in the 2nd round at O line than there is at WR. I am on the draft Chase in the 1st, take an O lineman in the 2nd bandwagon.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-28-2021

(03-27-2021, 06:59 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Jamaar Chase at 5 and don't look back. I would be wildly tempted, but that would be my pick. I think the Bengals will get a guy who is 80% of Sewell in rd 2. Flipping that, in round 2 they would probably be getting 60% of Chase. I'll take the guy with the higher ceiling and biggest gap in talent between he and the guys behind him. Not even close.

I agree, we don't even know if Sewell will be a better pro than say Eichenberg or Cosmi...

Chase has all the intangibles you want in a stud Receiver and has chemistry with Burrow already.

I highly doubt he busts here. 

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-28-2021

(03-28-2021, 09:18 AM)Beaker Wrote: You cannot underestimate the fact that Burrow and Chase have already played together and have chemistry. That alone almost guarantees that Chase will be successful right from the get go....plug and play. You are not likely to find a WR anywhere near as talented in the 2nd round, much less one that Burrow already trusts and has played with.

Sewell sat out a year, played in a spread offense at Oregon which is terrible for teaching proper pass protection, and faced very little top level defenses playing in the PAC12. He is not even the consensus top OT.

So Im looking at a few things:

1. Which player has the better chance of NOT being good?

2. What is the talent like in the 2nd round at that position if we don't draft that player in the first?

For me, #1 was answered above, and #2 is clear cut also....there is much better talent available in the 2nd round at O line than there is at WR. I am on the draft Chase in the 1st, take an O lineman in the 2nd bandwagon.

Well said Beaker, common sense is what you are speaking here. I know some want to just take the top projected O-lineman 
but this is just too stubborn in my opinion. You have to look at the Draft as a whole and how deep it is at certain positions.

We just might be able to find an OT just as good as Sewell in the 2nd round. I don't know if we can find a WR that has played
with Burrow in the 2nd as good as Chase. Terrance Marshall I guess would be what some might say but Chase was still the 
best WR at LSU, even better than Jefferson who just had one of the best rookie seasons in memory.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - GreenCornBengal - 03-28-2021

I’m all for the idea of drafting Chase, but do have a question. Down the road, who do you keep? You can’t afford to pay all 3 of Boyd, Higgins and Chase... do we let Boyd got at some point? I think that is the answer, but it’s tough to say cuz I love the guy.