Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The difference Pollack will make - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: The difference Pollack will make (/Thread-The-difference-Pollack-will-make)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: The difference Pollack will make - Nicomo Cosca - 10-25-2021

RE: The difference Pollack will make - Sled21 - 10-25-2021

(10-25-2021, 10:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Good Lord, he looks like Mike Zimmer after the defense just gave up a 50 yard play..... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

RE: The difference Pollack will make - 3wt - 10-25-2021

Can't open it.   I remember seeing him screaming at the end of the game and wondering what he said.

If you know, fill me in.    I was just happy seeing him that animated!

RE: The difference Pollack will make - fredtoast - 10-25-2021

Love Pollack, but the truth is that our biggest weakness right now is running the ball in short yardage situations.

It seems like a small problem, but we have to get it fixed or it will eventually bite us in the ass.

If we can't get any push on short yardage runs then I have no problem throwing the ball in those situation.

(10-24-2021, 10:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes they are, except Brad suddenly saying we are bad because of pressures.

To be fair Burrow was under a lot of pressure yesterday.  The pick was caused by pressure.

But like you said, the Ravens are one of the best teams at getting pressure on the QB.

I was against Turner before he coached a single game here.  I am very happy we replaced him with Pollack.  But there is still work that needs to be done.

RE: The difference Pollack will make - Joelist - 10-25-2021

The pick was a bad decision by Burrow per his own statement - sometimes you gotta just throw it away.

RE: The difference Pollack will make - Truck_1_0_1_ - 10-25-2021

(10-24-2021, 09:58 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I.think.It was Carmen.and Hopkins.that did a
Devastating double team block on Williams
Springing Perine for that 46 yd jaunt.
Funny the Anti Pollack crowd is silent now

Just Carman.

B.Williams is 340 pounds or whatever.

(10-25-2021, 12:01 PM)Joelist Wrote: The pick was a bad decision by Burrow per his own statement - sometimes you gotta just throw it away.

A bad decision caused by the pressure on him.

RE: The difference Pollack will make - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 10-25-2021

Funny how the WR's are just like it is an everyday occurrence lol

There is Pollack screaming again haha Hilarious

RE: The difference Pollack will make - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 10-25-2021

(10-25-2021, 11:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: To be fair Burrow was under a lot of pressure yesterday.  The pick was caused by pressure.

But like you said, the Ravens are one of the best teams at getting pressure on the QB.

I was against Turner before he coached a single game here.  I am very happy we replaced him with Pollack.  But there is still work that needs to be done.

Agree, still work to be done but I am seeing improvement. Burrow should of thrown that ball away, sure he was pressured but 
there was no excuse for throwing it where there were that many defenders.

RE: The difference Pollack will make - sandwedge - 10-25-2021

I couldn't tell if he was yelling at a ref or one of our lineman.... That is some intensity!!

RE: The difference Pollack will make - Nicomo Cosca - 10-30-2021

RE: The difference Pollack will make - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 10-30-2021

(10-30-2021, 02:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

What a difference....

RE: The difference Pollack will make - HarleyDog - 10-30-2021

(10-25-2021, 11:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I was against Turner before he coached a single game here.  I am very happy we replaced him with Pollack.  But there is still work that needs to be done.

Yes there is. Pollack will continue to make these guys better. 

RE: The difference Pollack will make - Shake n Blake - 10-30-2021

ESPN ranks us 22nd in pass block win rate:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32176833/2021-nfl-pass-rushing-run-stopping-blocking-leaderboard-win-rate-rankings#pbwrteam

We are 10th in run block win rate though, which is good.

Overall PFF grades:
Jonah Williams - 68.5
Quinton Spain - 75.2
Trey Hopkins - 45.3
Jackson Carmen - 44.4
Riley Reiff - 64.4

Yes, we are much improved from last year. Yes, Pollack is a good coach and is getting much more out of Spain alone. Yes it's great that Jonah is healthy, and Reiff was a good add. But there's still plenty of room for improvement.

Overall, we're middle of the pack. Trending in the right direction, but there's still work to be done. Be fair about this.

RE: The difference Pollack will make - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 10-30-2021

(10-30-2021, 06:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: ESPN ranks us 22nd in pass block win rate:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32176833/2021-nfl-pass-rushing-run-stopping-blocking-leaderboard-win-rate-rankings#pbwrteam

We are 10th in run block win rate though, which is good.

Overall PFF grades:
Jonah Williams - 68.5
Quinton Spain - 75.2
Trey Hopkins -  45.3
Jackson Carmen - 44.4
Riley Reiff - 64.4

Yes, we are much improved from last year. Yes, Pollack is a good coach and is getting much more out of Spain alone. Yes it's great that Jonah is healthy, and Reiff was a good add. But there's still plenty of room for improvement.

Overall, we're middle of the pack. Trending in the right direction, but there's still work to be done. Be fair about this.

Spain has been fantastic and Carman and Jonah will only get better pretty damn sure.

RE: The difference Pollack will make - KillerGoose - 10-30-2021

(10-30-2021, 02:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

That’s what I’m talking about baby. Love to see it.

RE: The difference Pollack will make - Shake n Blake - 10-30-2021

(10-30-2021, 07:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Spain has been fantastic and Carman and Jonah will only get better pretty damn sure.

I hope so. I'm not worried about Jonah at all. Spain and Reiff have also been very good.

Carman to me is still a question mark, if I may dare say so, and Hopkins has also been pretty blech. We can get by with this line though. It's most definitely improved over last year.

RE: The difference Pollack will make - samhain - 10-30-2021

I'm glad Frank Pollack is our o-line coach, but I'll never stop feeling like they could have replaced Jim Turner with Andy Dick and still been better off for it. That guy was awful in practically every way.

RE: The difference Pollack will make - Synric - 10-30-2021

(10-30-2021, 08:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I hope so. I'm not worried about Jonah at all. Spain and Reiff have also been very good.

Carman to me is still a question mark, if I may dare say so, and Hopkins has also been pretty blech. We can get by with this line though. It's most definitely improved over last year.

Trey Hopkins allowed 2 sacks and 4 pressures weeks 1 & 2. In weeks 3-7 he has allowed 0 sacks 4 pressures. Hopkins has been alot better than people realize after a very rough start.