Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Burrow to the Hospital - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Burrow to the Hospital (/Thread-Burrow-to-the-Hospital)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Burrow to the Hospital - Murdock2420 - 10-10-2021

(10-10-2021, 09:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Fair point.  Still, if I'm a Steeler fan lurking on this board I'd wager Bengals fans might be throwing humor at a situation where they're probably a bit scurred. Now since I'm role playing as a Steeler fan, I'm off to drink enough Iron City to hit on my cousin.

Hit on or hit or both? I mean you did say steeler fan or would that be more of a Baltimore fan move while sporting that Ray Rice swag?

RE: Burrow to the Hospital - reuben.ahmed - 10-10-2021

(10-10-2021, 09:26 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Going to need a lot if this is her?

[Image: wtf-people-of-walmart.jpg]

Dude, I needed to eat dinner. I had an appetite.

RE: Burrow to the Hospital - TheLeonardLeap - 10-10-2021

(10-10-2021, 09:25 PM)Tony Wrote:  BURN!

I am not going for a burn or anything, I just don't like the fact that someone is suddenly is throwing out terms like "disgusting", "classless", and "bipolar drama queens" to describe our fellow board members in clear hypocrisy in an attempt to take the moral highground.

At least just own the fact that it's this one specific player you care about protecting rather than all Bengals players.

RE: Burrow to the Hospital - Nately120 - 10-10-2021

Damn, I wish!

RE: Burrow to the Hospital - Tony - 10-10-2021

(10-10-2021, 09:32 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I am not going for a burn or anything, I just don't like the fact that someone is suddenly is throwing out terms like "disgusting", "classless", and "bipolar drama queens" to describe our fellow board members in clear hypocrisy in an attempt to take the moral highground.

At least just own the fact that it's this one specific player you care about protecting rather than all Bengals players.

I'm with you 100% ... I'm just glad other people are seeing it...

RE: Burrow to the Hospital - pally - 10-10-2021

weird....a Browns linebacker is on his way to the hospital with a throat contusion. 2 in one year is unusual...2 in one day is crazy

And for the record...I am all for joking but simply find it inappropriate to joke when the player is literally in the emergency room. Jokes come after we know how he is not because we assume it is not serious

RE: Burrow to the Hospital - Destro - 10-10-2021

A lot of strange injury goings-on happened today. I've already seen it questioned, elsewhere. Wonder what, if anything, the league does.

RE: Burrow to the Hospital - bfine32 - 10-10-2021

Folks are silly. Every day of this forum folks hope that our coaches lose their livelihood, make fun of Trae Waynes injuries, laugh at players on other teams getting hurt...but make a joke about JB going to the hospital out of nothing but precaution and THEN we must practice common decency...it's all we ask for.

I will join the "common decency" parade and remind those who do not do it.

RE: Burrow to the Hospital - Bengalholic - 10-10-2021

(10-10-2021, 09:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: See, I don't agree with the sentiment, but at least I respect it from Holic/Nate because I know they're not being hypocritical. You're only like this because it is Burrow so starting all this nonsense rings hollow.

"Fat Randy needs to go. If you can’t even be counted on for a chip shot without injuring your fat ass you’re not worthy of being a professional athlete."  - Nicomo Cosca in a Gameday thread right after a Bengals player injury.

Zero concern, zero care about insulting him thoroughly and demanding a guy lose his job, and he didn't play hours of football afterwards. You just lit him up. Now that it's Burrow, all of a sudden it's time for pearl clutching. Again, I never even made a Burrow joke, but you deciding that this was the time to set up your pulpit is just outright hypocritical.

Yeah, I just wanted to state my opinion on it, whether anyone agreed or not. 

My main point is that I feel like the jokes could have at least waited until we know what's going on. 

I'm not trying to tell anyone they can't joke about it, but at the same time, I'm sure as hell not a fan of it either.

RE: Burrow to the Hospital - bfine32 - 10-10-2021

(10-10-2021, 09:32 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I am not going for a burn or anything, I just don't like the fact that someone is suddenly is throwing out terms like "disgusting", "classless", and "bipolar drama queens" to describe our fellow board members in clear hypocrisy in an attempt to take the moral highground.

We don't agree on much, but we agree on this. A lot of one-sided pearl clutching going on here.

I've not seen anyone in the thread hoping JB is anything but A-OK. 

RE: Burrow to the Hospital - Big Boss - 10-10-2021

Word now is this is a potentially serious thing.

(10-10-2021, 09:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks are silly. Every day of this forum folks hope that our coaches lose their livelihood, make fun of Trae Waynes injuries, laugh at players on other teams getting hurt...but make a joke about JB going to the hospital out of nothing but precaution and THEN we must practice common decency...it's all we ask for.

I will join the "common decency" parade and remind those who do not do it.

Well it's their favorite player or crush.. That's why.. lol

RE: Burrow to the Hospital - Awful Llama - 10-10-2021

Hit.

[Image: tenor.gif]

RE: Burrow to the Hospital - Rubekahn29 - 10-10-2021

(10-10-2021, 09:50 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Word now is this is a potentially serious thing.

Says who?

(10-10-2021, 09:52 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Says who?

I looked everywhere..There is no news saying its serious. There's is nothing new out there...

RE: Burrow to the Hospital - Destro - 10-10-2021

Give Cam Newton a call.

RE: Burrow to the Hospital - Rubekahn29 - 10-10-2021

(10-10-2021, 09:54 PM)Tony Wrote: I looked everywhere..There is no news saying its serious. There's is nothing new out there...

Last is saw was he thought he’d be fine. That was by Florio, but again nothing since he went.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/10/joe-burrow-was-poked-in-throat/

Apparently Joe was poked in the throat and it could've been deliberate... He's OK though..

RE: Burrow to the Hospital - Big Boss - 10-10-2021

Sorry fam might've gotten punked by a fake Twitter account.

RE: Burrow to the Hospital - TheLeonardLeap - 10-10-2021

(10-10-2021, 09:50 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Word now is this is a potentially serious thing.

Where's the word from? Last I saw was...

As a precaution. Just an hour ago.