Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Burrow Recruiting Collins - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Burrow Recruiting Collins (/Thread-Burrow-Recruiting-Collins)

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - basballguy - 03-18-2022

No shit Mike.  

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 02:32 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: I've heard nothing but positive vibes from people that actually have inside info. It's annoying to see so much misinformation being spread on our own board.

Paul Dehner Jr. said earlier today that we don't seem to be too interested in Tretter. Not yet anyway. Would be a dream. 

A couple of days ago Lap said we did not appear super interested in Collins. 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - BFritz21 - 03-18-2022

I know some people posted that Zac took the linemen there last night, but word from people in Cinci is that Burrow's taking Collins to Jeff Rub's tonight!

Pretty sure Burrow's going to close the deal for us!

We're going back to the Super Bowl but we're leaving with a W this time!

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - casear2727 - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 02:09 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: So if I understand correctly, Collins tested positive for cannabis, allegedly bribe drug screen staff.  If this is true, Bengals will stipulate in contract drug testing and consequence beyond that standard in NFL.  This also explains concerns regarding Guaranteed money.  

This is not true.

I have explained all of this in this thread while others have argued about red flags and drug use, etc.

Many of you are picking up tidbits form twitter, etc.

It is believed that Collins tested for weed 3 years ago resulting way more tests than usual.

He missed 7 tests out of 187.  He was suspended a couple games for missing tests, not testing positive.  He fought the suspension because weed became a non-banned substance with the new CBA.

During the appeal it was discovered Collins told the in-house tester that he would "hook him up" if the guy would cover for him for any missed or failed tests.

Due to this his suspension his guarantees were voided.  Nothing to do with drugs.

I see lots of misinformation in this thread.  

(03-18-2022, 02:36 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: A couple of days ago Lap said we did not appear super interested in Collins. 

And I said Lap was uninformed or intentionally misdirecting.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Bengalpool - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 02:40 PM)casear2727 Wrote: This is not true.

I have explained all of this in this thread while others have argued about red flags and drug use, etc.

It is believed that Collins tested for weed 3 years ago resulting way more tests than usual.

He missed 7 tests out of 187.  He was suspended a couple games for missing tests, not testing positive.  He fought the suspension because weed became a non-banned substance with the new CBA.

During the appeal it was discovered Collins told the in-house tester that he would "hook him up" if the guy would cover for him for any missed or failed tests.

Due to this his suspension his guarantees were voided.  Nothing to do with drugs.

Yeah it's f***ing annoying 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Bengalpool - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 02:36 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: A couple of days ago Lap said we did not appear super interested in Collins. 

As much as I pay attention to Lap around draft time, I wouldn't say he's a prophet with FA talk.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 02:39 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I know some people posted that Zac took the linemen there last night, but word from people in Cinci is that Burrow's taking Collins to Jeff Rub's tonight!

Pretty sure Burrow's going to close the deal for us!

We're going back to the Super Bowl but we're leaving with a W this time!

I like it Brad, I like it a lot!  Cool

(03-18-2022, 02:40 PM)casear2727 Wrote: This is not true.

Thanks for clearing this up Casear.... 

AGAIN!!! lol

(03-18-2022, 02:12 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: A couple days ago Collins could be had for low draft picks paying him balance on his contract. 
Now there is a bidding war?  Now lots of teams are in the mix?
I would think his agent this past week when discussing trade ideas with teams also discussed contract ideas should Collins be cut. His market  value was fairly well set by the day he was out. 

He could never be had for low draft picks.  This is why so many got pissy with me. He is a very good player.

The takes in the early days of this thread are comical....

(03-18-2022, 02:40 PM)casear2727 Wrote: And I said Lap was uninformed or intentionally misdiirecting.

Exactly. And the people saying we aren't interested in Tretter? 

Lordy, do I need to connect the dots for you? 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - CloeHokie - 03-18-2022

If it's a bidding war I don't feel good. We don't win those. Miami will offer more money up front etc.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - WeezyBengal - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 02:47 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: If it's a bidding war I don't feel good. We don't win those. Miami will offer more money up front etc.

The longer this goes on the less confidence I have. 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 02:09 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: So if I understand correctly, Collins tested positive for cannabis, allegedly bribe drug screen staff.  If this is true, Bengals will stipulate in contract drug testing and consequence beyond that standard in NFL.  This also explains concerns regarding Guaranteed money.  

It wasn't a positive test, it was missed tests as far as I can tell. Apparently, seven missed tests in five weeks. Two of which Collins claims he missed due to the death of a coach and his uncle.  Collins wasn't playing that season due to the hip injury.  (Makes me wonder why they're testing a player that often who isn't even playing due to injury.) The new CBA in 2020 no longer allows for suspensions over missed tests or positive marijuana tests. So the NFL suspended him for something they are no longer allowed to suspend him for.

It all sounds fishy.

(03-18-2022, 02:50 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The longer this goes on the less confidence I have. 

As long as he is in our building, we have the edge. Once he leaves...... 

Is he still here? 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Big Boss - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 02:50 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The longer this goes on the less confidence I have. 

To be fair, reports said he'd be in town all day.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - WeezyBengal - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 02:51 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: As long as he is in our building, we have the edge. Once he leaves...... 

Is he still here? 

Think he got in really late last night. I believe the boys are taking him out to dinner tonight. 

Doesn't matter though if the numbers don't line up with what he wants. It takes more than a steak dinner to reel a guy in. 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - basballguy - 03-18-2022

I have no idea who this guy is

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - BFritz21 - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 02:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like it Brad, I like it a lot!  Cool

[Image: i-like-it-a-lot-jim-carrey.gif]

lol!

I'M LOVING IT! 

I'm thinking about taking some of the poker money that I've been building up and having someone drive me to Indiana to place a big bet on us winning the Super Bowl!

Actually, I'll probably do a few different ones, like AFCN Champs, AFC's best record, making the Super Bowl, etc.

I feel like I'm going to make a lot of money!

Money's obviously secondary because I'm just so pumped about how incredible this season is shaping up to be and the glory is worth more than any amount of money!

Everyone needs to calm down, the numbers were shared with his agent prior to him coming to town.

There may be some detail work but the basics were understood prior to yesterday.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Murdock2420 - 03-18-2022

To those who were worried the team stopped after day 1 of FA

They've been waiting for Collins apparently.