Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
We got hosed. - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: We got hosed. (/Thread-We-got-hosed)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

We got hosed. - Rotobeast - 01-06-2023

Trade for some of that popcorn ?
*waggles whisky bottle seductively*

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

RE: We got hosed. - Nepa - 01-06-2023

(01-06-2023, 01:16 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ok, i just re-read it a bit closer. 

You are right. In order for Cin to play KC at a neutral site, KC has to lose Sat and Bengals have to win Sun. 

I'm wrong too, stating number 1 seed. Sorry for coming off so strong, and then stating something wrong myself in my comment.

RE: We got hosed. - Bengalbug - 01-06-2023

Let’s just say the following happens.

Chiefs lose/Bills lose

we win, take care of Baltimore and then again 6-8 days later.
We go to orchard park and finish what we started

AFCCG rematch. It’s neutral. Who is the “home team”? You have 130,000+ season ticket members in this case. How does it get divided up? Would it be a chiefs home game in Indy (making up the city), made up of primarily chiefs fans? Would it be half and half like the Super Bowl/NCAA bowl games?

RE: We got hosed. - Nepa - 01-06-2023

(01-06-2023, 01:08 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: It’s not if the bengals are the one seed.  It’s in the event KC and Bills both lose.

You're right. I was wrong.

RE: We got hosed. - Science Friction - 01-06-2023

(01-06-2023, 12:15 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I am firmly reverting back to my "give each team an hour to compose themselves and then get your asses back on the field or forfeit the game" opinion.

F being nice and F feelings.  THIS is what feelings get you.  A big hard one up the ass.

I wish Mickeypoo had been in charge of our team Monday night at the time of Commodio Coitus incident instead of Ol' Softie, Zac Taylor.

(01-06-2023, 01:23 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Let’s just say the following happens.

Chiefs lose/Bills lose

AFCCG rematch.  It’s neutral.  Who is the “home team”?   You have 130,000+ season ticket members in this case.  How does it get divided up?  Would it be a chiefs home game in Indy (making up the city), made up of primarily chiefs fans?  Would it be half and half like the Super Bowl/NCAA bowl games?

So if we win and the Bills lose(both end up 12-4), we don't get the #2 seed? Shouldn't we host them in the divisional round under that scenario? I thought we had SOV tiebreaker over the bastards.

RE: We got hosed. - Bengalbug - 01-06-2023

(01-06-2023, 01:35 AM)Science Friction Wrote: So if we win and the Bills lose, we don't get the #2 seed?

You’re right. I think?

RE: We got hosed. - chieftan - 01-06-2023

Hey Bengals fans, Chiefs fan here. Agree you are getting hosed.  Thing that makes no sense is why you would go to Buffalo rather than a neutral if teams win out, which is likely.  The cancellation cost your shot at the 2, which every Chiefs fan I know believe you were going to get in that game Monday night., and especially after those first 10 minutes.  We were all assuming 1. Chiefs 2. Bengals 3. Bills, and Chiefs vs Bengals rematch in the AFCCG.  

From a selfish perspective, I believe the Chiefs are better off playing the Bills on a neutral than Cinci in arrowhead.  The Bills D is depleted.  I think you still probably win at Buffalo but it's completely inconsistent with the rest of the agreement that you play there.

We've been prepping ourselves for losing the bye, so I know how unfair this feels for you all, especially since Taylor conceded to not completing the Monday game.  If it stands I hope you guys prevail in Buffalo (actually think the Pats have a shot there) and we see you for the rematch.  Assuming the Chiefs beat the Raiders the rematch was going to be in arrowhead anyway, so in that scenario things work out in the end.  Just would like to see this feel more fair to all the teams than it does now.  Maybe they figure this part out in the final vote.

RE: We got hosed. - Von Cichlid - 01-06-2023

The bromance between us and Buffalo is over come Sunday. There is going to be a lot of Patriot fans around here. :)

RE: We got hosed. - cinci4life - 01-06-2023

Chiefs lose/Bills lose

AFCCG rematch.  It’s neutral.  Who is the “home team”?   You have 130,000+ season ticket members in this case.  How does it get divided up?  Would it be a chiefs home game in Indy (making up the city), made up of primarily chiefs fans?  Would it be half and half like the Super Bowl/NCAA bowl games?

In this scenario we would be the #2 seed and Buffalo would come here. We still would have tiebreaker over them. Should we then play KC it would be at a neutral site.

RE: We got hosed. - rfaulk34 - 01-06-2023

(01-06-2023, 01:21 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Trade for some of that popcorn ?
*waggles whisky bottle seductively*

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

DONE!!

RE: We got hosed. - puddycat - 01-06-2023

I'd rather play at Buf or KC than a neutral site. I understand that this make wins less likely. I'm tired of any fans (except Steelers fans) losing out so that the NFL can sell more tickets at a neutral site. Not all fans can travel. As far as I can tell, all of these compromises mean the Bengals fans lose even more home games than the one they already have.

(01-06-2023, 01:42 AM)cinci4life Wrote: In this scenario we would be the #2 seed and Buffalo would come here. We still would have tiebreaker over them. Should we then play KC it would be at a neutral site.

I thought this was the case. Thanks for the clarification.

GO PATRIOTS !!!!!

RE: We got hosed. - sloSTI - 01-06-2023

So as I understand it, the owners are voting on these proposals tomorrow? If they vote no, do they have a backup solution, or is this pretty much already agreed upon?

(01-06-2023, 01:50 AM)sloSTI Wrote: So as I understand it, the owners are voting on these proposals tomorrow? If they vote no, do they have a backup solution, or is this pretty much already agreed upon?

Sounds like they agreed to them already. Vote is probably a formality.

RE: We got hosed. - rfaulk34 - 01-06-2023

Chiefs lose/Bills lose

we win,
take care of Baltimore and then again 6-8 days later.

Bengals are #2 and Bills come back to cincy and then an AFCCG is on a neutral site vs KC.

RE: We got hosed. - Frank Booth - 01-06-2023

(01-06-2023, 01:48 AM)puddycat Wrote: I'd rather play at Buf or KC than a neutral site. I understand that this make wins less likely. I'm tired of any fans (except Steelers fans) losing out so that the NFL can sell more tickets at a neutral site. Not all fans can travel. As far as I can tell, all of these compromises mean the Bengals fans lose even more home games than the one they already have.

Paul Brown’s legacy is in cincy. They never liked Paul Brown

They wanted to ban the use of the no huddle offense when the bengals made the super bowl in 1988

RE: We got hosed. - Luvnit2 - 01-06-2023

(01-06-2023, 12:02 AM)motoarch Wrote: We only controlled it if we had won.  It was half way through the first quarter and your treating if as of the game was out of reach.

We just came off consecutive games were a 17-0 halftime deficit was overcome and a 22-0 was very nearly overcome.  A 7-3 lead in the first quarter doesn't mean anything.

We risked a 5 seed and no home games now we are no lower than a 3 seed with a chance of at least a neutral field in the championship.  A game most likely would have been the road team for.

The coin flip is a bit of a bummer but the ravens now have no shot at the division at all so they got screwed as well and the coin flip is a way to try level that out.  And that's only if they win next week anyways.

The Bills secondary lost 2 more players (Hyde already out and other CB White is not 100% back from knee surgery.

Can you honestly believe Burrow at home against that secondary h does not put up at least 35 points.

Bengals did get screwed and common sense tells us why.

I'm feeling as angry and frustrated as my guy, Mr. Turner :

[video=youtube]http://[/video]

RE: We got hosed. - Luvnit2 - 01-06-2023

(01-06-2023, 12:18 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Well, to be fair…one bills game was played in Detroit.

If Buffalo was smart and had a dome stadium, game would have been played in Buffalo. Their loss of a home game is 100% on them.