Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! (/Thread-Zac-Taylor-play-calling-is-trash)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - THE PISTONS - 09-24-2023

(09-24-2023, 06:55 PM)Whacked Wrote: Yup.

We play so pedestrian and uninspired.

Bills decimated Washington

Stains looks great against a decent Titans team w a stout D

Chiefs are destroying the Bears

Must be nice to have coaches that know how to properly use the talent they have and to play into their strengths and be a little creative.

Yeah. The good teams that looked mediocre week 1 righted the ship...quick.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - THE PISTONS - 09-24-2023

(09-24-2023, 10:59 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Dan Campbell named him interim OC when he was named interim Dolphins HC. And in a MNF game Jon Gruden raved about his concepts. If the team struggles offensively and we continue to lose …the players will either support or hint at lack thereof. Sean McVay is a pretty good judge of coaches. So I’d have to disagree with you.

Commentators always say positive things.

How did he do at U of Cincy?

How did he do with Andy Dalton before Burrow?

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Whacked - 09-24-2023

(09-24-2023, 11:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah. The good teams that looked mediocre week 1 righted the ship...quick.

The Squealers might win today too. Not good
Good grief. Other than the Rat Turds losing, bad day for the Bengals.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - casear2727 - 09-24-2023

(09-24-2023, 10:59 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Dan Campbell named him interim OC when he was named interim Dolphins HC. And in a MNF game Jon Gruden raved about his concepts. If the team struggles offensively and we continue to lose …the players will either support or hint at lack thereof. Sean McVay is a pretty good judge of coaches. So I’d have to disagree with you.

I read where Gruden said he thought he would be a good coach, but, "raved about his concepts"???  Can you link that? 

Zac was Miami's OC for 5 games, they went 2 & 3 averaging 17 points a game.

As UC's OC the Bearcats went 4-8, their offense was terrible, ranking 123 out of 128 teams.

Sean McVay didnt allow Zac to call plays.  Being a good HC and being able to design an offensive scheme with quality play calls are 2 totally different things. 

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Bengalion - 09-24-2023

We can't just expect our best playmakers to win these 50/50 balls every game. It's painful to think that the majority of Chase’s receptions have come behind the line of scrimmage so far, he has 40 yards after two games. Of course Burrow's injury is also a factor, but Chase is too talented to be wasted on these screens and routes behind the line of scrimmage. Then there's Tee, he's tall but you can't just expect him to jump and beat CBs on the air every game on a consistent basis. If our running game doesn't work then our offense will predictably stall, I don't trust Zac to scheme plays to get our best players open and score. With Burrow inuried, we aren't going to win any games if the running game fails. It's simple.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Soonerpeace - 09-24-2023

(09-24-2023, 11:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Commentators always say positive things.

How did he do at U of Cincy?

How did he do with Andy Dalton before Burrow?

How is anybody doing with Dalton? He’s not a starter. If he’d gone and been anything more than a backup that comment would be relevant respectfully. Come on. At Cincy U both QB’s got hurt. How’d Sean McVay do last year w/o Stafford or team injuries?

(09-24-2023, 11:12 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I read where Gruden said he thought he would be a good coach, but, "raved about his concepts"???  Can you link that? 

Zac was Miami's OC for 5 games, they went 2 & 3 averaging 17 points a game.

As UC's OC the Bearcats went 4-8, their offense was terrible, ranking 123 out of 128 teams.

Sean McVay didnt allow Zac to call plays.  Being a good HC and being able to design an offensive scheme with quality play calls are 2 totally different things. 
McVay didn’t let Matt LeFleur call plays. He calls them. But if you listen to Peter Schrager and McVay’s podcasts it was Zac & LeFleur as his 2 top guys. But you can bet with both Denver and Arizona both heavily pursuing Taylor they’d done their research.

https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/07/az-arizona-cardinals-interviewed-zac-taylor-coaching-search/

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/broncos-conclude-interview-with-rams-assistant-coach-zac-taylor

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - casear2727 - 09-25-2023

(09-24-2023, 11:51 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: How is anybody doing with Dalton? He’s not a starter. If he’d gone and been anything more than a backup that comment would be relevant respectfully. Come on. At Cincy U both QB’s got hurt. How’d Sean McVay do last year w/o Stafford or team injuries?

McVay didn’t let Matt LeFleur call plays. He calls them. But if you listen to Peter Schrager and McVay’s podcasts it was Zac & LeFleur as his 2 top guys. But you can bet with both Denver and Arizona both heavily pursuing Taylor they’d done their research.

Again, because you somehow missed it last time, being a HC is waaaaay different than being an offensive scheme expert.  There is ZERO evidence Zac was ever good at scheming or calling plays.  

This is a silly argument.  Your takes on what others say are so irrelevant... stretching Gruden's comments and who gives a sh!t what Peter Schrager thinks?

If the Cards or Broncos truly wanted Zac they had him in their building before Cincy did.  

From your source:  "[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.72)]His connection to McVay and the Rams offense is intriguing, but there has been no chatter of how seriously he is being considered."

This is Zac from back then:  "I feel it's important for the players' mindset and coaches' mindset to be able to get under center and run the ball when you want to run it, and make them stop you,"    Where did that guy go?

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - TheLeonardLeap - 09-25-2023

(09-24-2023, 11:51 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: How is anybody doing with Dalton? He’s not a starter. If he’d gone and been anything more than a backup that comment would be relevant respectfully. Come on. At Cincy U both QB’s got hurt. How’d Sean McVay do last year w/o Stafford or team injuries?

I mean... 

Denver then got a new GM, hired Vic Fangio and Nathaniel Hackett, gave a ton of picks and money for Russel Wilson and seem to immediately regret it.

Arizona hired Kliff Kingsbury, extended him for 5 years, extended their GM, and then fired them like 12 months later, and gave a 5yr/$230m deal to a QB who doesn't study.

...I don't think Denver and Arizona doing research is as reassuring as you seem to think it is. Lol

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - bfine32 - 09-25-2023

Why do we always look for ways to diminish the accomplishments made by this organization?

Zac Taylor has taken us to 2 straight AFC Championship games and 1 Superbowl. Tomorrow we can be 1 game out of AFC North lead and the usual suspects are chirping.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Soonerpeace - 09-25-2023

(09-25-2023, 12:01 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Again, because you somehow missed it last time, being a HC is waaaaay different than being an offensive scheme expert.  There is ZERO evidence Zac was ever good at scheming or calling plays.  

This is a silly argument.  Your takes on what others say are so irrelevant... stretching Gruden's comments and who gives a sh!t what Peter Schrager thinks?

If the Cards or Broncos truly wanted Zac they had him in their building before Cincy did. <b/>

From your source:  "[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.72)]His connection to McVay and the Rams offense is intriguing, but there has been no chatter of how seriously he is being considered."

This is Zac from back then:  "I feel it's important for the players' mindset and coaches' mindset to be able to get under center and run the ball when you want to run it, and make them stop you,"    Where did that guy go?

Did you ever think Zac turned them down because he wanted the Cincinnati job? Or that Denver made hiring conditions? Or that Kingsbury was second choice?

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - casear2727 - 09-25-2023

(09-25-2023, 12:17 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Did you ever think Zac turned them down because he wanted the Cincinnati job? Or that Denver made hiring conditions? Or that Kingsbury was second choice?

It is comical you think Zac turned them down, you literally have no idea and the odds are high that he didnt.  I mean seriously?  And only a dumba$$ turns downs Denver for Cincy.  Stick to Oklahoma football, you are getting worse and worse on here.

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Brownshoe - 09-25-2023

(09-25-2023, 12:15 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Why do we always look for ways to diminish the accomplishments made by this organization?

Zac Taylor has taken us to 2 straight AFC Championship games and 1 Superbowl. Tomorrow we can be 1 game out of AFC North lead and the usual suspects are chirping.

Because it's hard to give those accomplishments to Zac when he won 6 games in two years before he got Burrow/Chase/Higgins to carry him. Plus he's always been an "offensive focused" coach and the offense has never looked close to what it could potentially be with legit a top 2-3 QB and best weapons in the league. It's hard to not look at Taylor when he has a better roster than the Chiefs and hasn't been as successful. 

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Soonerpeace - 09-25-2023

(09-25-2023, 08:28 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Because it's hard to give those accomplishments to Zac when he won 6 games in two years before he got Burrow/Chase/Higgins to carry him. Plus he's always been an "offensive focused" coach and the offense has never looked close to what it could potentially be with legit a top 2-3 QB and best weapons in the league. It's hard to not look at Taylor when he has a better roster than the Chiefs and hasn't been as successful. 

Zac is 3-1 vs Mahomes & Reid

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Sled21 - 09-25-2023

(09-24-2023, 06:55 PM)Whacked Wrote: Yup.

We play so pedestrian and uninspired.

Bills decimated Washington

Stains looks great against a decent Titans team w a stout D

Chiefs are destroying the Bears

Must be nice to have coaches that know how to properly use the talent they have and to play into their strengths and be a little creative.

You mean like Sean Peyton, who everyone was clamoring to bring here??? 

(09-25-2023, 09:48 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Zac is 3-1 vs Mahomes & Reid

And yet I would rather have the success that the Chiefs has had since 2019 than what we've had. Winning 2 SBs and going to 3 out of the last 4

(09-25-2023, 08:28 AM)Brownshoe Wrote:
Because it's hard to give those accomplishments to Zac when he won 6 games in two years before he got Burrow/Chase/Higgins to carry him.
Plus he's always been an "offensive focused" coach and the offense has never looked close to what it could potentially be with legit a top 2-3 QB and best weapons in the league. It's hard to not look at Taylor when he has a better roster than the Chiefs and hasn't been as successful. 

That's such an ignoarant argument. Those were Marvin's teams with Marvin's players, many of which were at the end of their careers.  To be fair, you start judging Taylor around year 3, when he had HIS players to fit his system in place. 

(09-25-2023, 09:57 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: And yet I would rather have the success that the Chiefs has had since 2019 than what we've had. Winning 2 SBs and going to 3 out of the last 4

Do you really think they Chief's would have had that success if they played in the AFCN or any other of the Divisions that have equal teams? Until this year, they were basically the NE Patriots, having the Diviision title handed to them due to no competition. 

RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Nately120 - 09-25-2023

(09-25-2023, 10:03 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Do you really think they Chief's would have had that success if they played in the AFCN or any other of the Divisions that have equal teams? Until this year, they were basically the NE Patriots, having the Diviision title handed to them due to no competition. 

I can't imagine the Chiefs losing 7 out of 8 or whatever we are at against the Browns, I'll tell you that much. 

(09-25-2023, 10:03 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Do you really think they Chief's would have had that success if they played in the AFCN or any other of the Divisions that have equal teams? Until this year, they were basically the NE Patriots, having the Diviision title handed to them due to no competition. 

(09-25-2023, 10:11 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I can't imagine the Chiefs losing 7 out of 8 or whatever we are at against the Browns, I'll tell you that much. 

The Chiefs are 8-1 vs the AFCN other than the Bengals since 2018. Yeah, they would have just as much success 

(09-25-2023, 10:11 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I can't imagine the Chiefs losing 7 out of 8 or whatever we are at against the Browns, I'll tell you that much. 

Lamar is 7-2 vs the Bengals too.