Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview (/Thread-Panthers-Chargers-request-Callahan-Interview)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - 007BengalsFan - 01-12-2024

(01-11-2024, 03:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good thoughts on if Brian went to another team if he would trade for Jake and yes, Andy is getting up there and teams do do crazy trades
at times. A 2nd and a 4th for Jake I think would be more than fair as you say Shake. Brian will need a QB that can run his Offense and Jake
clearly could be that for him while the young QB there develops.

I dont see any team giving us a 2nd and 4th for Browning.  If they did, we should jump on that offer as soon as it's made.  A 4th round pick by itself seems more realistic to me.

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-12-2024

(01-12-2024, 03:45 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I dont see any team giving us a 2nd and 4th for Browning.  If they did, we should jump on that offer as soon as it's made.  A 4th round pick by itself seems more realistic to me.

Yah never know, as we know with history teams have done more far fetched trades. I wouldn't trade him for just a 4th, we have been 
needing a good backup QB that can step in and win games for a long time. Jake Browning proved he can do this this season.

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - 007BengalsFan - 01-12-2024

(01-12-2024, 05:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yah never know, as we know with history teams have done more far fetched trades. I wouldn't trade him for just a 4th, we have been 
needing a good backup QB that can step in and win games for a long time. Jake Browning proved he can do this this season.

I wouldnt trade him for a 4th either.  Once you start getting deeper into the draft you never know how that draft pick will turn out.  Better to be safe keeping a valuable #2 QB vs drafting an unknown 4th round guy that may not help you at all. 

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - sandwedge - 01-12-2024

(01-10-2024, 05:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Wonder if he chose that or they pushed him to it

They didn't push, they shoved

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - jj22 - 01-12-2024

(01-12-2024, 03:45 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I dont see any team giving us a 2nd and 4th for Browning.  If they did, we should jump on that offer as soon as it's made.  

Like they should have when Cleveland came calling. What the hell was they even negotiating. Inexcusable for them to still be faxing in 2016… and waiting until the last seconds of the deadline. only MB. 

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - Bengal Dude - 01-14-2024

(01-12-2024, 11:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: Like they should have when Cleveland came calling. What the hell was they even negotiating. Inexcusable for them to still be faxing in 2016… and waiting until the last seconds of the deadline. only MB. 

The McCarron trade falling through was basically on Cleveland. The only thing the Bengals did was squeeze an extra pick out of Cleveland that cause a little extra hesitation from Sashi Brown.

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - bfine32 - 01-14-2024

Looks like we may be adding Dallas to the list

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 01-14-2024

So, is this a decent summary?

NE: hired Mayo
Falcons: BC interviewed
Chargers: BC interviewed, also Harbaugh
Titans: BC interviewed
Panthers: BC interview soon
Seahawks:
Commanders:
Raiders:
----------
Dallas?

Belichick, Vrabel, and Harbaugh figure to nab 3 of them, right?

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - jj22 - 01-14-2024

Steelers still may be an opening. So they say.

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - Destro - 01-14-2024

(01-14-2024, 07:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Looks like we may be adding Dallas to the list

Anyone who goes to coach for the decrepit jack wagon gets whatever he gets. Jones may try his big splash with the same impact. Curse of Jimmy Johnson has not cleared, as much as he tried. 

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - bfine32 - 01-14-2024

(01-14-2024, 11:07 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: So, is this a decent summary?

NE: hired Mayo
Falcons: BC interviewed
Chargers: BC interviewed, also Harbaugh
Titans: BC interviewed
Panthers: BC interview soon
Seahawks:
Commanders:
Raiders:
----------
Dallas?

Belichick, Vrabel, and Harbaugh figure to nab 3 of them, right?
I think you're missing the Jags

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - grampahol - 01-15-2024

(01-08-2024, 07:50 PM)Stewy Wrote: Won't matter at all because they have the worst owner in the league now that Snyder is gone in Washington.  He interferer's, overrides football decisions, has no patience and is arrogant enough to think he knows better.

Only a fool would take that job.

Remember not that long ago we all believed Mikey was the worst owner in the league? Now try to imagine him throwing a drink on fans or sexually harassing cheerleaders.. That would be really creepy ..  

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 01-15-2024

(01-14-2024, 11:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think you're missing the Jags

I don't think so. Pederson fired almost all the assistants, but he is still HC. Unless it just happened...? 

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2024/1/12/24036424/jaguars-coaching-search-prospect-tracker

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - Stewy - 01-15-2024

(01-15-2024, 01:43 AM)grampahol Wrote: Remember not that long ago we all believed Mikey was the worst owner in the league? Now try to imagine him throwing a drink on fans or sexually harassing cheerleaders.. That would be really creepy ..  

No we didn't all think that.  And there are different kinds of "bad".  Mike obviously had/has issues with football knowledge.  He never could be his dad, but he is loyal to a fault, hates paying out guaranteed contracts to coaches, and for those reasons is a GREAT owner to coach for.  Players certainly had issues with him.

So no.  MB is nothing like that moron who owns the Panthers.

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - TheLeonardLeap - 01-15-2024

(01-15-2024, 01:43 AM)grampahol Wrote: Remember not that long ago we all believed Mikey was the worst owner in the league? Now try to imagine him throwing a drink on fans or sexually harassing cheerleaders.. That would be really creepy ..  

Being bad at running a football team and being a bad human being are two very different things and not on the same ranking lists.

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - bfine32 - 01-15-2024

(01-15-2024, 03:09 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I don't think so. Pederson fired almost all the assistants, but he is still HC. Unless it just happened...? 

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2024/1/12/24036424/jaguars-coaching-search-prospect-tracker

Ah,,,I see. 

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - Synric - 01-17-2024

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - bfine32 - 01-17-2024

(01-17-2024, 02:51 PM)Synric Wrote:

If we lose Pitcher, I can see Alex Van Pelt returning 

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-17-2024

(01-17-2024, 03:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If we lose Pitcher, I can see Alex Van Pelt returning 

Yep, is there anyway to tempt Bill Callahan away from those bastids is my question?

RE: Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview - The D.O.Z. - 01-17-2024

(01-17-2024, 03:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If we lose Pitcher, I can see Alex Van Pelt returning 
Isn't he the Frowns' current coordinator?