• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 07:20 PM)pally Wrote:

"well....bye"
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 07:20 PM)pally Wrote:

Not surprised after he was listed 4th on the list of top OCs in the NFLPA survey. He was interviewed last year and I thought he might be a tougher sell to a fanbase this year given the Bengals didn't make the playoffs this time around, but it seems he might be a popular target again this year. I suppose Lou will get an interview as well, but I can just see the owners saying, "how do we sell Lou to our fanbase as the future when the Bengals had one of the worst defenses in the league." At least with Callahan, the Bengals lost Burrow and ended up doing well with a backup QB.
Reply/Quote
Interesting
I’m sure the team continuing to win and not totally tank after losing the franchise QB only helped his resume.
The Panthers will definitely be looking for someone they think can help Bryce Young become a franchise QB and Callahan has had success with Burrow and Browning.
Reply/Quote
My Panther buddy said the word is they are interested in the team culture reputation around the league of the Bengals and their offense efficiency numbers.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
This could turn out to be a win-win. Carolina would get a head coach who might be more suited for a developing team while Cincinnati would have the opportunity to find an offensive coordinator worthy of Joe Burrow and the best offensive weaponry in the league. I suspect Panthers’ backup quarterback Andy Dalton may be behind this potential move.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 07:43 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This could turn out to be a win-win.  Carolina would get an offensive coordinator who might be more suited for a developing team while Cincinnati would have the opportunity to find an offensive coordinator worthy of Joe Burrow and the best offensive weaponry in the league.

Yeah, it would have hurt had he won one of the jobs last year. It seemed he was a finalist for at least one franchise. But it would be less painful losing him this year given the team's performance in the AFCN.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 07:42 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: My Panther buddy said the word is they are interested in the team culture reputation around the league of the Bengals and their offense efficiency numbers.

Won't matter at all because they have the worst owner in the league now that Snyder is gone in Washington.  He interferer's, overrides football decisions, has no patience and is arrogant enough to think he knows better.

Only a fool would take that job.
Reply/Quote
Callahan has worked with some great QBs. Bringing him in to help Bryce Young is attractive

Zac did say that other than coaches receiving outside opportunities, he expects everyone to be back.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 07:48 PM)Nepa Wrote: Yeah, it would have hurt had he won one of the jobs last year. It seemed he was a finalist for at least one franchise. But it would be less painful losing him this year given the team's performance in the AFCN.

You’re right I believe. Even winning one more divisional game would have made a huge difference in 2023. Callahan’s offense was no match for the other AFC North teams’ defenses. I give him great credit, however, for the game plans he devised against the NFC opponents. That may have given Carolina some encouragement as well as they are in the NFC.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 07:52 PM)pally Wrote: Zac did say that other than coaches receiving outside opportunities, he expects everyone to be back.

I read that as, “No one will be fired but if they leave for better opportunities that’s good too.”

Honestly I look for Lou Anarumo to get another request to interview for a head coach job elsewhere. 2023 was an off year for Lou but his entire body of work in Cincinnati is noteworthy.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 07:54 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: You’re right I believe. Even winning one more divisional game would have made a huge difference in 2023. Callahan’s offense was no match for the other AFC North teams’ defenses. I give him great credit, however, for the game plans he devised against the NFC opponents. That may have given Carolina some encouragement as well as they are in the NFC.

Well let’s see. The Ravens barely beat us in the first game with a very limited and hobbled Joe. We led Baltimore in the second game 10-7 when Joe was injured. Lost the first game to the Browns in Joe’s first game with no preseason work and 65% healthy maximum. The rest we played with our backup and went 1-2. Nothing burger here as the Panthers and the NFL know the truth.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Good luck to Callahan. I'd rather see a Zac coaching tree out there in the NFL than nobody wanting his Bengals assistants.

I assume Dan Pitcher is our next OC if Callahan gets a head coaching job.
Reply/Quote
Question 
(01-08-2024, 08:11 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Good luck to Callahan. I'd rather see a Zac coaching tree out there in the NFL than nobody wanting his Bengals assistants.

I assume Dan Pitcher is our next OC if Callahan gets a head coaching job.

That is a very reliable assumption, I think. However, I believe the Bengals might also search from outside the organization.
Reply/Quote
Finally!!! phew! Now get us an OC who will call the plays...one whowill negate to come unless he gets to call 90% of the plays...
Reply/Quote
Let's pull a trade to the Commanders to send Zac, and promote Lou to HC.
Reply/Quote
The way our offense sometimes stalls, I wouldn't mind a new OC. I definitely want to keep Lou.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 08:17 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Let's pull a trade to the Commanders to send Zac, and promote Lou to HC.

Why? Lou just had his worst year as DC and the team loves Zac. Taylor’s play calling leaves much to be desired but he is an excellent head coach who has had more success than any coach in team history. He gets the most out of his players and the locker room loves him.
Trading him away (if you even could) and upsetting your franchise QB as well as the rest of the core players is a recipe for disaster.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 08:29 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Why?  Lou just had his worst year as DC and the team loves Zac.  Taylor’s play calling leaves much to be desired but he is an excellent head coach who has had more success than any coach in team history. He gets the most out of his players and the locker room loves him.
Trading him away (if you even could) and upsetting your franchise QB as well as the rest of the core players is a recipe for disaster.

Because then he would be able to say he was right about Taylor, and that's more important. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 08:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The way our offense sometimes stalls, I wouldn't mind a new OC. I definitely want to keep Lou.

I might be one of the biggest Lou Anarumo homers in all of Bengaldom but he needs to be promoted to head coach somewhere else. When the defense allows more average points per game than the offense scores it’s time for a change. Lou did a great job in 2021 and 2022; I give him credit for this. Let’s look outside the organization please.
Reply/Quote