Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview
If the guy goes, he goes. Good for him. I know the Panthers organization right now is BAD. But couldn't the same be said for us, at the end of Marvin's tenure? Remember, WE were an undesirable location with a meddling owner at one point. All it took was the right hire and a vision. Some patience (which the Panthers ' owner needs to learn some), some hard work, and some quality FAs to build around turned us around pretty quickly. Maybe if Callahan is hired there, he could do the same?

As an added bonus...if he IS hired, I bet he gets his dad to coach his offensive line. Cleveland would be total Richards to block that move. Forcing the Frowns to hire new Offensive Line coach, if they don't promote from within.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 12:47 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: If the guy goes, he goes. Good for him. I know the Panthers organization right now is BAD. But couldn't the same be said for us, at the end of Marvin's tenure? Remember, WE were an undesirable location with a meddling owner at one point. All it took was the right hire and a vision.  Some patience (which the Panthers ' owner needs to learn some), some hard work, and some quality FAs to build around turned us around pretty quickly. Maybe if Callahan is hired there, he could do the same?

As an added bonus...if he IS hired, I bet he gets his dad to coach his offensive line. Cleveland would be total Richards to block that move. Forcing the Frowns to hire new Offensive Line coach, if they don't promote from within.

They would and should block it. They just extended his contract last off-season and I'm sure Bill Callahan is one of thr highest paid OL coaches in the NFL.

I'm half convinced Kevin Stefanski is actually a puppet being controlled by Bill.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 12:47 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: If the guy goes, he goes. Good for him. I know the Panthers organization right now is BAD. But couldn't the same be said for us, at the end of Marvin's tenure? Remember, WE were an undesirable location with a meddling owner at one point. All it took was the right hire and a vision. Some patience (which the Panthers ' owner needs to learn some), some hard work, and some quality FAs to build around turned us around pretty quickly. Maybe if Callahan is hired there, he could do the same?

Difference is we nailed our #1OA pick and it looks like they didn’t. That can cripple a franchise for years. Especially when you traded away draft capital.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 08:16 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Finally!!! phew! Now get us an OC who will call the plays...one whowill negate to come unless he gets to call 90% of the plays...

(01-08-2024, 08:17 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Let's pull a trade to the Commanders to send Zac, and promote Lou to HC.

Wowzers.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 12:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Difference is we nailed our #1OA pick and it looks like they didn’t. That can cripple a franchise for years. Especially when you traded away draft capital.

If they offer Callahan the job he's going to need to take that into consideration. Questionable owner, questionable QB1, dubious draft capital. Surely there are better situations to go into.

I have to imagine it's hard to pass up such an exclusive position, but the option is there to spend another year with Zac and Burrow. I think Callahan can afford to be patient.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 12:06 PM)Synric Wrote: You don't trade guaranteed money now for the possibly of more money in the future. That's just bad business. I wouldn't like to see any Bengals coach land it crappy situation (Im on record saying anything Cardinals is bad) but I understand earning the money.

In 2022, the average salary for an Offensive Coordinator in the NFL was $1M.  Coordinators already make a comfortable living, the ones who enjoy great success and are confident in their ideas and leadership plans will likely move on to become successful HCs.  Perhaps there are a few who might jump at the chance to get a HC gig, "any gig will do, just give me a shot with the title and the money", but most of the ones who plan on running successful outfits will likely decline the offer and hold out for a better fit.  (my opinion, anyway)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 07:50 PM)Stewy Wrote: Won't matter at all because they have the worst owner in the league now that Snyder is gone in Washington.  He interferer's, overrides football decisions, has no patience and is arrogant enough to think he knows better.

Only a fool would take that job.

Yeah, I'm not sure I'd take that gig either. It could easily ruin one's reputation.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 01:15 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yeah, I'm not sure I'd take that gig either. It could easily ruin one's reputation.

…or make history. To be able to start over and build a culture is a most unique opportunity.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 01:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In 2022, the average salary for an Offensive Coordinator in the NFL was $1M.  Coordinators already make a comfortable living, the ones who enjoy great success and are confident in their ideas and leadership plans will likely move on to become successful HCs.  Perhaps there are a few who might jump at the chance to get a HC gig, "any gig will do, just give me a shot with the title and the money", but most of the ones who plan on running successful outfits will likely decline the offer and hold out for a better fit.  (my opinion, anyway)

another opportunity might not arise.   though there are only ever 32 of these jobs in existence.  if you wait their might be better candidates chosen over you next time as well

$1 mil a year is nice but HC get a lot more i bet
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 11:29 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Mike Brown would never throw away money like that. Beers aren't cheap. Hilarious

Mike wouldn't even throw a cup of water!

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 01:18 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: …or make history.  To be able to start over and build a culture is a most unique opportunity.

Yeah, that's true. Look what building a winning culture did for Zac Taylor.... people still want him fired.  Ninja Now imagine not being able to build that culture because the organization you work for is a shit show. Mellow I'm not Brian though, and maybe he can pull a Marvin Lewis at worst in Carolina. That would definitely be a good story and resume builder. 

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 12:01 AM)sandwedge Wrote: If you were Pitcher would you want to work with Burrow or Bryce Young...

I'd want to work for the most money.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
For anyone worried about him (or anyone) ruining a reputation...

Don't forget what a shit show the Bengals org was after 2018, with finally letting Merv go after way too many years, cheap ownership, no RoH or any kind of bells and whistles really. Zac was taking a big chance coming to this organization when he did.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Legit Lou replacement just shook free in Vrabel.

I don't hear his name coming up tho. I still have faith in Lou (with an experienced / savvy defense). But it's shaken. My concern if he got a HC job would be if there was a legit replacement option. Vrabel would be (if he was interested in a DC position).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Remember when no coach/coordinator shouldn't/wouldn't come here because "you can't succeed"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 04:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Remember when no coach/coordinator shouldn't/wouldn't come here because "you can't succeed"

Since buying the Panthers in 2018, the panthers have compiled a 30-63 record and 6 head coaches in that span.

Mike brown has shown to have patience, too much so. Tepper is a mad man and without success, he has proven that you won’t last long. This team is legit the worst in the NFL right now and any turnaround is likely to take 2-3 years.

They have traded away their best players CMC and DJ Moore and replaced them with Miles sanders, Adam thielen and Hayden hurst. Their #1 Overall pick also mortgaged their best asset, the 2024 1 overall pick that the bears have.

A depleted roster, huge unknown at QB and question mark and an owner that is expecting to win now.. what can go wrong?
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 03:27 PM)jj22 Wrote: Legit Lou replacement just shook free in Vrabel.

I don't hear his name coming up tho. I still have faith in Lou (with an experienced / savvy defense). But it's shaken. My concern if he got a HC job would be if there was a legit replacement option. Vrabel would be (if he was interested in a DC position).

Vrabel will have his choice of HC jobs.  No team hires Lou over Vrabel.  Might as well say Belichik is a DC option if Lou leaves.

Reply/Quote
Add San Diego to Callahan's travel plans

Ok so It’s really LA…you all knew who I meant

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Chargers would be a good spot
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 11:08 PM)pally Wrote: Add San Diego to Callahan's travel plans

LA Wink

I know, I called the Raiders Oakland, 2 weeks ago :$