Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview
(01-08-2024, 11:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d say Dan Snyder was by far the worst owner until he was forced to sell.

This idiot in Carolina is something else though. Throwing drinks on his own fans? Yikes.

The Bidwells are pretty bad and they will never go anywhere.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 11:20 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I’m not saying what you said is ridiculous. I’m saying it’s ridiculous that he’s saying that the day after the season ends. How are you not evaluating every coach?

He’s evaluated them since July. If he had any indecision about a coach he would have answered differently. Seriously you don’t think if he felt like there were any concerns he’d refrained from saying it. Doesn’t mean he won’t have evaluations.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 11:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d say Dan Snyder was by far the worst owner until he was forced to sell.

This idiot in Carolina is something else though. Throwing drinks on his own fans? Yikes.

I'm in MD and the Washington debauchery was legendary, but they could shine out of nowhere. He had longevity of scumbag behavior, but other teams went harder with there failures.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 11:19 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Good point. He might give ask Pitcher to become his OC. 

If you were Pitcher would you want to work with Burrow or Bryce Young...
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 12:01 AM)sandwedge Wrote: If you were Pitcher would you want to work with Burrow or Bryce Young...

Not to mention Ja’Marr Chase.

Carolina traded away their best weapon in DJ Moore. And they don’t even have
their 1st round pick to get one of the top WR’s in this upcoming draft. That offense could be brutal again next season.

Reply/Quote
It's well known that Pitcher is the OC in waiting. If Callahan winds up being hired somewhere as HC, I'd expect Pitcher to promoted to OC within the hour of the hire. If something happens where we lose Pitcher and Callahan, then I fully expect Troy Walters to get strong consideration as our new OC.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 12:01 AM)sandwedge Wrote: If you were Pitcher would you want to work with Burrow or Bryce Young...

Doesn't matter. It's whichever job pays more.

Tepper will probabaly pay more for an OC for the young QB over Cincy's now veteran QB.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 07:50 PM)Stewy Wrote: Won't matter at all because they have the worst owner in the league now that Snyder is gone in Washington.  He interferer's, overrides football decisions, has no patience and is arrogant enough to think he knows better.

Only a fool would take that job.

Work for 8 months, get fired, get paid for 5 years (probably like $25m).

Not all bad.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 11:29 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Mike Brown would never throw away money like that. Beers aren't cheap. Hilarious

Are you assuming that Mike Brown would actually spend money on a beer, to even have the potential of throwing it on someone??  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 02:20 AM)Synric Wrote:
Doesn't matter. It's whichever job pays more.

Tepper will probabaly pay more for an OC for the young QB over Cincy's now veteran QB.

Only to someone extremely short sighted. Other's who look at the whole situation look at which one is more apt to be successful and therefore be retained. 
Reply/Quote
It's a good opportunity for Callahan to brush up his interview skills, at least. Seriously though, it would take an absolutely amazing offer to convince much of anyone to go to Carolina right now. I mean they are stuck with what appears to be a bust at 'franchise QB', have no draft capital to speak of, and arguably the worst owner in the league right now. Even for someone with a strong personality and an innovative mind for game planning, it would be a hard sell to lure free agents to Carolina right now.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Best of Luck to Brian Callahan
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 10:05 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's a good opportunity for Callahan to brush up his interview skills, at least.  Seriously though, it would take an absolutely amazing offer to convince much of anyone to go to Carolina right now.  I mean they are stuck with what appears to be a bust at 'franchise QB', have no draft capital to speak of, and arguably the worst owner in the league right now.  Even for someone with a strong personality and an innovative mind for game planning, it would be a hard sell to lure free agents to Carolina right now.

Getting a 4 year fully guaranteed contract and only having to coach 8-10 games doesnt seem too horrible lol..  
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 10:22 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Getting a 4 year fully guaranteed contract and only having to coach 8-10 games doesnt seem too horrible lol..  

Maybe, if one's goal is only to land a HC gig, any gig, no matter how shitty it may make that individual look via association.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 10:44 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Maybe, if one's goal is only to land a HC gig, any gig, no matter how shitty it may make that individual look via association.

Exactly. Going to Carolina right now could definitely be a career killer.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 10:44 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Maybe, if one's goal is only to land a HC gig, any gig, no matter how shitty it may make that individual look via association.

Hopefully whatever GM they find will help settle the owner down
Reply/Quote
Please throw Pollack in there, they can have him too.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 02:23 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Work for 8 months, get fired, get paid for 5 years (probably like $25m).

Not all bad.

And then never get a HC job again because of the bad associated reputation - i.e. Jay Gruden and Washington.
Reply/Quote

You don't trade guaranteed money now for the possibly of more money in the future. That's just bad business. I wouldn't like to see any Bengals coach land it crappy situation (Im on record saying anything Cardinals is bad) but I understand earning the money.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 09:52 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Only to someone extremely short sighted. Other's who look at the whole situation look at which one is more apt to be successful and therefore be retained. 

Not necessarily. These are successful, confident people. Many feel they can make a difference and would chose that over riding coat tails/
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote