Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview
(01-08-2024, 08:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Because then he would be able to say he was right about Taylor, and that's more important. Ninja

He’s going to probably die with that mantra as Zac is just 40?
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Callahan deserves a shot. Zac’s staff in general with the accomplishments and it being the Bengals they did it with should be in higher demand. He should have a tree soon. Even if Lou is passed up due to age and being a DC, there’s Pitcher who should be next up for looks.

Bring in Beinemy
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 07:43 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This could turn out to be a win-win. Carolina would get a head coach who might be more suited for a developing team while Cincinnati would have the opportunity to find an offensive coordinator worthy of Joe Burrow and the best offensive weaponry in the league. I suspect Panthers’ backup quarterback Andy Dalton may be behind this potential move.

(01-08-2024, 08:16 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Finally!!! phew! Now get us an OC who will call the plays...one whowill negate to come unless he gets to call 90% of the plays...

(01-08-2024, 08:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The way our offense sometimes stalls, I wouldn't mind a new OC. I definitely want to keep Lou.

Are you guys serious? We would almost assuredly bring Pitcher up to OC and hire some random position coach to be QB coach. A different set of eyes that could provide some different looks would be great, but we likely will not see much of a change in the offense.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 09:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: Callahan deserves a shot. Zac’s staff in general with the accomplishments and it being the Bengals they did it with should be in higher demand. He should have a tree soon. Even if Lou is passed up due to age and being a DC, there’s Pitcher who should be next up for looks.

Bring in Beinemy

Bienemy would not fit the culture.

Reply/Quote
I would almost feel bad for Callahan if he gets this. I know it’s a HC gig, and 1 of 32, but they have the worst owner in the league at this point, and Bryce Young probably isn’t it.

Reply/Quote
Meh. If he goes, he goes.

Zac needs to relinquish the play calling.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 10:56 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Bienemy would not fit the culture.

Dan Picher automatic OC 10 seconds after BC takes it.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 11:02 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Dan Picher automatic OC 10 seconds after BC takes it.

He may be good, but automatic promotion would be ridiculous. Probable but ridiculous.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 10:53 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Are you guys serious? We would almost assuredly bring Pitcher up to OC and hire some random position coach to be QB coach. A different set of eyes that could provide some different looks would be great, but we likely will not see much of a change in the offense.

Some no way they really follow this team. They can’t.?

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 07:58 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I read that as, “No one will be fired but if they leave for better opportunities that’s good too.”

Honestly I look for Lou Anarumo to get another request to interview for a head coach job elsewhere. 2023 was an off year for Lou but his entire body of work in Cincinnati is noteworthy.

It’s ridiculous. There should always be an evaluation, and if you can get someone better, you get them.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 11:04 PM)michaelsean Wrote: He may be good, but automatic promotion would be ridiculous. Probable but ridiculous.

Well it will be instantaneously

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 11:07 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It’s ridiculous. There should always be an evaluation, and if you can get someone better, you get them.

Not really if he was unhappy with a coach he’d answered the question differently.

Reply/Quote
Of course Callahan could take Pritcher with him
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 11:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course Callahan could take Pritcher with him

Good point. He might give ask Pitcher to become his OC. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 11:14 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Not really if he was unhappy with a coach he’d answered the question differently.

I’m not saying what you said is ridiculous. I’m saying it’s ridiculous that he’s saying that the day after the season ends. How are you not evaluating every coach?

Reply/Quote
Texans passed the torch to the Panthers in horribly run franchises. Oh well, ain't us in that discussion anymore.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 11:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course Callahan could take Pritcher with him

OC for the Panthers and that owner over Burrow and the Bengals?  It could happen but I doubt it.  I also see Callahan calling his own plays.

I dont know this for a fact, but I believe Pitcher was guaranteed the OC here if Callahan were to leave, which may be a big reason Dan wasnt in Tampa this year. 

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 11:24 PM)Destro Wrote: Texans passed the torch to the Panthers in horribly run franchises. Oh well, ain't us in that discussion anymore.

I’d say Dan Snyder was by far the worst owner until he was forced to sell.

This idiot in Carolina is something else though. Throwing drinks on his own fans? Yikes.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 11:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d say Dan Snyder was by far the worst owner until he was forced to sell.

This idiot in Carolina is something else though. Throwing drinks on his own fans? Yikes.

Mike Brown would never throw away money like that. Beers aren't cheap. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 11:29 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Mike Brown would never throw away money like that. Beers aren't cheap. Hilarious

You joke, but at least Mike is actually a good human being. Something that can’t be said about a lot of these owners.

Reply/Quote