Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panthers & Chargers request Callahan Interview
(01-23-2024, 01:00 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: No reason to worry you’ve got the distinction of disagreeing with Peyton Manning.

And Callahan didn't return as an offensive assistant with the Denver Broncos after that lol. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 01:22 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: And Callahan didn't return as an offensive assistant with the Denver Broncos after that lol. 

Media reports say Peyton went to bat and was instrumental in Brian getting the Tennessee job. It’s okay you didn’t get a call. Wink
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
With Callahan now the HC in Tennessee, this thread is rather moot now, wouldn't ya say??

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Unless you think he'll pull a Belichick

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 01:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: Unless you think he'll pull a Belichick

you mean McDaniels?
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 01:26 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Media reports say Peyton went to bat and was instrumental in Brian getting the Tennessee job. It’s okay you didn’t get a call. Wink

Source? 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 04:56 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Source? 

Your wish is my command. They said it on NFL.com Insiders yesterday . But this works better. And… why I’m not a buyer in your take(s) at all. Brownshoe “ I've never been super impressed with Callahan, so a replacement isn't too bad of a thing”

Albert Breer
@AlbertBreer
·
Follow
It's definitely worth noting that among Callahan's advocates is Colts legend Peyton Manning. Which I'd think would carry weight with Jim Irsay.

Albert Breer
@AlbertBreer
Source: The Colts are working on bringing Bengals offensive coordinator Brian Callahan to Indy for a second interview. That one could happen as soon as Wednesday.

The Cardinals are planning to have Callahan in Thursday.
2:29 PM · Jan 30, 2023
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 02:33 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: you mean McDaniels?
Wasn't Bill the OG though? Or am I remembering this wrong? Bill to the Jets..then NO Bill to the Jets!
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2024, 10:00 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Wasn't Bill the OG though? Or am I remembering this wrong? Bill to the Jets..then NO Bill to the Jets!

Yep, that's correct.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2024, 10:00 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Wasn't Bill the OG though? Or am I remembering this wrong? Bill to the Jets..then NO Bill to the Jets!

when was this?
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2024, 12:35 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: when was this?
He was HC for a day before he quit them and joined New England.
Reply/Quote
Rule that alienates people is now satisfied I expect to hear a Pitcher promotion to Bengals OC soon.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
You'd expect to hear Pitcher soon if not by now. Odd if he's still taking OC interviews with seemingly the position at hand here already. Maybe not odd, maybe he doesn't want to burn bridges by not attending these interviews? The longer it takes to name him, the more likely it may mean that he is leaving or willing to if he gets another offer.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2024, 12:35 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: when was this?

It was a MAJOR thing back then, I remember it vividly as a 10, soon to be 11 year old
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2024, 12:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: You'd expect to hear Pitcher soon or not by now. Odd if he's still taking OC interviews with seemingly the position at hand here already. Maybe not odd, maybe he doesn't want to burn bridges by not attending these interviews? The longer it takes to name him, the more likely it may mean that he is leaving or willing to if he gets another offer.

I'm pretty sure that he's committed to honoring the interviews that he was already scheduled for, prior to Callahan being named HC of the Titans.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2024, 12:59 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 2000.

It was a MAJOR thing back then, I remember it vividly as a 10, soon to be 11 year old

lol  i dont think i was following the nfl to heavily back then...  
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2024, 12:59 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 2000.

Whippersnapper.

Reply/Quote